Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default OFFICIAL TASL Meeting May 3rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Announcing the next all day meeting for the Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting <TASL> group.

Date and Time: Saturday May 3, 2014 9am - 5pm

Place: Swift Creek Community Center
    6221 Yates Mill Pond Rd
    Raleigh NC, 27606

This is our 2nd of three Saturday meetings for 2014. Also be sure to keep your calendar open for August 23rd. We may also set a date for a group workshop project depending on interest.

During our previous TASL meeting we discussed that we would like to continue with learning topics in the morning, with custom lighting effects and live demos in the afternoon. Please let us know what you will bring or what you would like to teach. The agenda will be growing and changing so check back often. Also feel free to send your suggestions. We want to plan a mix of topics covering the basics for our newer members, as well as pixel related topics and other common interest topics.

AGENDA Candidates (not in presentation order). We'll organize the times later:

Agenda items for May 3rd:

8:30 - 10am Setup and Socializing. Come early for meet and greet.

10 - 11am First Year OverView and Best Practices - Scott McLellan

11 - 12am Pixel Power Injection - Denny Cole

12am - 1pm Pot Luck LUNCH (everyone bring something to share). Check the list, the post what you will bring.

1 - 2pm Share your latest effects from this past year. Bring something to display and/or demo.
    • Scott McLellan - LOR CCBs
    • Denny Cole - Candy Cane Pinwheels, Bang Star, LED & RGB Blowmolds
    • Person - Lighting Effect

2 - 3pm Komby Wireless - Sam Johnson
    • A new evolving DIY wireless for DMX

3 - 3:45pm RGB Flood Demo (bring yours and help us compare)
    • Ray Wu DMX Floods (wireless !) - Mike Purser
    • DIYC Flood - Sam Johnson
    • TIR Systems DMX Flood - Denny Cole
    • Holiday Coro RGB FLood - Joe Tripp
    • Anybody have the new LOR Flood ?

3:45 - 4pm TASL Business - Open TASL Discussion
    • TASL 2014 Membership ($30 per family. Pays for rental halls) and Bank Balance Report - Denny Cole
    • What topics and speakers would you like for the Saturday August 23rd meeting ?
    • Are we ready to set one or more dates for a group workshop ?
    • Anybody want to schedule an early software training class? We can organize both LOR and Vixen <separate> classes.

4 - 5pm Pack Up, Fold the Chairs and Tables, Sweep the floor

I will arrive to open the hall between 8:00am and 8:30am for unloading/setup. We'll have about 90 minutes to mingle and get set up. Swing in early for coffee .. Presentations will begin by 10am. We need to end the meeting by around 4pm to begin teardown, and cleanup the hall. By the rules of our rental agreement we need to leave by 5pm in case there is a 5pm renter for the evening.

@scottmcl is bringing Dunkin Donuts coffee and 2 dozen donuts <yum> !

This is a POT LUCK LUNCH meeting. Please let us know what you will bring to share. Be sure to check what others are bringing so we can get a range of main dishes, side dishes and deserts.

I am working on Nametags and should have them for this meeting. I bought some blank tags with TASL funds .. $16 including supplies from the Feb 22nd meeting.

Be sure to bring your own drinks for the day. There is plenty of room for coolers and a full refrigerator in the kitchen. The kitchen also has a full size stove with oven and a large microwave. There's lots time for baking or reheating before lunch !

This meeting is open to anyone who would like to participate, or just listen in for their first time. It is a good time for new members to sign up to be a TASL member for 2014. You do not have to be a TASL member to attend a TASL meeting. Feel free to drive in from another area to join us. If you are thinking about creating your first holiday show with synchronized lights and music, you can join a TASL meeting to learn more about how its done. Come on out and join us!

We have been trying to keep a tradition going of members selling or trading lights and accessories at the TASL meetings. Please post what you will bring and we will list it here. We'll hold an informal Christmas Garage sale on designated tables throughout the day. Bring some cash if you are looking to expand .. there could be some real nice deals !

Contact anyone from the TASL Steering Committee for more information:
    @kidcole, @Samj435, @Jack Stevens, @scottmcl, or @robb3369

Please Post your replies is you can make it, and let us know what food you will bring.

Attendees:

@kidcole - Denny Cole < Barbeque >
    @Bartek - Dariusz Bartkiewicz < Food ? >
    @mpurser - Mike Purser (maybe)
    @James van Horn - James van Horn < Food ? >
    @Jack Stevens - Jack Stevens <Chicken Broccoli casserole>
    @Charity Charity Stevens <Honey Bun cake >
    @tsavage - Tom Savage < Food ? >
    @Samj435 - Sam Johnson < Coffee Cake Desert >
    @Christmascrazynana - Nancy Harris < Ham Sliders >
    @Tripplett - Joe Tripp < Pick up something on the way >
    @Chris Gebhardt - Chris Gebhardt < Food ? >
    @scottmcl - Scott McLellan < Food ? >

See y'all on May 3rd
    Last edited by kidcole; 05-02-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting May 3rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

I will attend unless work schedule collides.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting May 3rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

hoping to attend will know as time gets closer
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am sorry but I won't be able to make it. (My folks are in town that time).
    I look forward to the next TASL meeting.

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good Day.

I will be there with my son again. Looking forward to it.

James Van Horn

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm planning to be there.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Announcing the next all day meeting for the Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting <TASL> group.

Date and Time: Saturday May 3, 2014 9am - 5pm

Place: Swift Creek Community Center
    6221 Yates Mill Pond Rd
    Raleigh NC, 27606

This is our 2nd of three Saturday meetings for 2014. Also be sure to keep your calendar open for August 23rd. We may also set a date for a group workshop project depending on interest.

During our previous TASL meeting we discussed that we would like to continue with learning topics in the morning, with custom lighting effects and live demos in the afternoon. Please let us know what you will bring or what you would like to teach. The agenda will be growing and changing so check back often. Also feel free to send your suggestions. We want to plan a mix of topics covering the basics for our newer members, as well as pixel related topics and other common interest topics.

AGENDA Candidates (not in presentation order). We'll organize the times later:

Agenda items for May 3rd:

8:30 - 10am Setup and Socializing. Come early for meet and greet.

10 - 11am Beginner TOPIC - Presenter

11 - 12am Advanced TOPIC - Presenter

12am - 1pm Pot Luck LUNCH (everyone bring something to share). Check the list, the post what you will bring.

1 - 2pm Share your latest effects from this past year. Bring something to display and/or demo.

2 - 3pm TOPIC - Presenter

• Subset
    • Subset

3 - 3:45pm TOPIC - Presenter
    • Subset

3:45 - 4pm TASL Business - Open TASL Discussion
    • TASL 2014 Membership ($30 per family. Pays for rental halls) and Bank Balance Report - Denny Cole
    • What topics and speakers would you like for the Saturday August 23rd meeting ?
    • Are we ready to set one or more dates for a group workshop ?
    • Anybody want to schedule an early software training class? We can organize both LOR and Vixen <separate> classes.

4 - 5pm Pack Up, Fold the Chairs and Tables, Sweep the floor

I will arrive to open the hall between 8:00am and 8:30am for unloading/setup. We'll have about 90 minutes to mingle and get set up. Swing in early for coffee .. Presentations will begin by 10am. We need to end the meeting by around 4pm to begin teardown, and cleanup the hall. By the rules of our rental agreement we need to leave by 5pm. Last time they had another renter coming in after 5pm.

This is a POT LUCK LUNCH meeting. Please let us know what you will bring to share. Be sure to check what others are bringing so we can get a range of main dishes, side dishes and deserts. We also need nametags. I'll buy those with TASL funds.

Be sure to bring your own drinks for the day. There is plenty of room for coolers and a full refrigerator in the kitchen. The kitchen also has a full size stove with oven and a large microwave. There's lots time for baking or reheating before lunch !

This meeting is open to anyone who would like to participate, or just listen in for their first time. It is a good time for new members to sign up to be a TASL member for 2014. You do not have to be a TASL member to attend a TASL meeting. Feel free to drive in from another area to join us. If you are thinking about creating your first holiday show with synchronized lights and music, you can join a TASL meeting to learn more about how its done. Come on out and join us!

We have been trying to keep a tradition going of members selling or trading lights and accessories at the TASL meetings. Please post what you will bring and we will list it here. We'll hold an informal Christmas Garage sale on designated tables throughout the day. Bring some cash if you are looking to expand .. there could be some real nice deals !

Contact anyone from the TASL Steering Committee for more information:
    @kidcole, @Samj435, @Jack Stevens, @scottmcl, or @robb3369

Please Post your replies is you can make it, and let us know what food you will bring.

Attendees:

@kidcole - Denny Cole < Chicken Pie >
    @Bartek - Dariusz Bartkiewicz < Food ? >
    @mpurser - Mike Purser (maybe)
    @James van Horn - James van Horn < Food ? >

See y'all on May 3rd

I plan to attend and will bring a dish. Will get back on what the dish will be.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll be there. Not sure what I'm bringing for food yet.

Are there any leads on topics to be presented?
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Official Lurker Christmascrazynana's Avatar
    Status
    Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will be there.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will be there. As far as food - once I see what others are bringing I will help fill any gaps.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    I will be there. As far as food - once I see what others are bringing I will help fill any gaps.
    Great Joe. I look forward to meeting you, unless we can meet up sooner for coffee or something ..

Quote Originally Posted by Christmascrazynana View Post
    I will be there.
    Glad you can make it again. Let me know what progress you have made on the controllers we worked on last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    I'll be there. Not sure what I'm bringing for food yet.

Are there any leads on topics to be presented?
    No topics yet. I asked Mark to think about what he might want to present. Since we have a lot of new people, Mark's demo overview of pixels is always nice. I think a Nutcracker demo night be neat if we could make it work live with multiple strips or strings. Perhaps Mike @mpurser could give the demo? Mike/Sam/Anyone, any ideas what pixels we could use for this ? I thought about my small pixel strip tree with the RGB ornaments at the end of the strips, but I would need someone to help me lift it off the wall. It's currently hanging on pegboard and too heavy for me alone. Or we could just take 8 strings and lay them out in a tree fashion. The trick is getting the channels to match the Nutcracker assignments. I believe Xlights will run in real time if you have a controller hooked up and defined in Xlights....
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

BUMP !

I updated the agenda to include an RGB Flood demo. In case some of you have been thinking about them and want to contrast your choices. If any of you have the new LOR RGB Flood, or any other not listed, please reply (and bring one).

We're also looking for various custom designed lighting effects for this meeting. Let us know what you can bring. Being able to demonstrate it LIVE would be even better.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

baring something happening thats unforseen i plan on coming and demoing my rgb floods and allowing you guys see how im runing them wirelessly
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have the DIYC flood I can bring.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    BUMP !

I updated the agenda to include an RGB Flood demo. In case some of you have been thinking about them and want to contrast your choices.
    I will bring my newly acquired HolidayCoro.com RGB flood kit - just finished building it.