View Poll Results: What dates can you attend (mark all that apply)?

Voters
5. (You need to login to vote)
  • Thu Dec 26th

2 40.00%
  • Fri Dec 27th

2 40.00%
  • Sun Dec 29th

4 80.00%
  • Mon Dec 30th

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 TASL Tour Sign Up ! <details in Post #1>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: 2013 TASL Tour Sign Up ! <details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    Ha!

I know you guys like to start planning really early in the season, but this sounded a bit off to me :-)

BTW- How much geography do you try to cover in one evening? Im trying to envision how many displays you could really see - especially given how long I like to stay :-)
    It varies according the the number of people signing up and the distance .. and then combine that with how late everyone wants to go. We usually like to get 15 minutes per house. But this year looks like possibly more time per house since not as many signing up ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It looks like only 6 of us for Sunday night, and 5 member's houses. I hope that does not leave anyone out.

I think we could easily include Jack's house, since he's only been on the TASL tour once. We could almost all make it in one car too.

Schedule proposal: We start at Dariusz at 5:30, then head to Jacks (Pittsboro), then back to Paul (not far off 55), then Scott, then Sam (North Raleigh). I've not heard from @David Stafford but we can sneak him in around Scott if he chimes in. I am also interested and seeing the house in Morrisville if there is time. We could pass through Morrisville after Scott (on the way to Sam). Anyone have any other houses they would like to see for the TASL tour ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    It looks like only 6 of us for Sunday night, and 5 member's houses. I hope that does not leave anyone out.

I think we could easily include Jack's house, since he's only been on the TASL tour once. We could almost all make it in one car too.

Schedule proposal: We start at Dariusz at 5:30, then head to Jacks (Pittsboro), then back to Paul (not far off 55), then Scott, then Sam (North Raleigh). I've not heard from @David Stafford but we can sneak him in around Scott if he chimes in. I am also interested and seeing the house in Morrisville if there is time. We could pass through Morrisville after Scott (on the way to Sam). Anyone have any other houses they would like to see for the TASL tour ?
    I'm definitely in.

One thing to consider though, Sunday looks like the ugliest weather day of the next 10 days :-(
    90% rain forecasted:
    Sunday, December 29
    Cloudy skies with rain likely. . We have the potential to have a very wet day as the Gulf of Mexico opens up and sends a good deal of moisture our way. Sunrise: 7:24 a.m., Sunset: 5:10 p.m.

Granted it's still 4 days off, but do we have an alternate day/plan in the event of stormy weather?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    I'm definitely in.

One thing to consider though, Sunday looks like the ugliest weather day of the next 10 days :-(
    90% rain forecasted:
    Sunday, December 29
    Cloudy skies with rain likely. . We have the potential to have a very wet day as the Gulf of Mexico opens up and sends a good deal of moisture our way. Sunrise: 7:24 a.m., Sunset: 5:10 p.m.

Granted it's still 4 days off, but do we have an alternate day/plan in the event of stormy weather?
    Very good idea .. According the poll, the rain date would be Monday 12/30. Make sure everyone checks in around 4:30pm on Sunday. We'll make the call on the weather ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Count me in!

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have the family van for Sunday night. I can fit six others in it, two more in the very back if we get daring!
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    I have the family van for Sunday night. I can fit six others in it, two more in the very back if we get daring!
    Fantastic .. There is exactly 7 of us. We'll have to figure out where we want to meet and park cars. And head out from there. Thanks Scott !

EVERYONE, make sure we all check in Sunday afternoon around 4pm <HERE>. We need to make the call on the weather. If the rain is steady then Monday night is the backup plan.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I really want to go. I really do. But in the best interests of everyone involved, I'm trying to minimize anyone's exposure to this virus I caught from my son and grandson.

None of you guys need this thing. I was hoping to be over it by now.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Rain looks like it's heading out now. Want to meet at 5:00 at Harrison and 40 in the parking lot for the new Bass Pro shop? Then we can do Denny's proposed schedule pretty easily. Dariusz, Morrisville and east Cary, Jack's, then north Raleigh.

Thoughts?
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Rain looks like it's heading out now. Want to meet at 5:00 at Harrison and 40 in the parking lot for the new Bass Pro shop? Then we can do Denny's proposed schedule pretty easily. Dariusz, Morrisville and east Cary, Jack's, then north Raleigh.

Thoughts?
    Great idea. That works perfectly for everyone to disburse to their respective home later on. In case anyone does not know where the new Bass Pro shops is located, it's back behind the McDonalds and ChickFila where Carolina Pottery was once located.

The weather system has pushed out to the coast and it over now. Should be a really nice night. I'll see you guys at 5pm off Harrison.

Jack, if you want to park at my house, come on over around 4:30 or a little after. You can ride up to Harrison Ave with me. Park in the driveway over towards the basketball hoop (3rd garage on right) ..

Dariusz, since your house is first - you could just wait there for the group van to arrive. We'll snag you for the tour and then you can ride back with me when we meet back at Harrison...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Jack, if you want to park at my house, come on over around 4:30 or a little after.
    From the previous post, Jack appears to be out for this year's tour.

Dariusz, since your house is first - you could just wait there for the group van to arrive. We'll snag you for the tour and then you can ride back with me when we meet back at Harrison...
    Dariusz gets the booster seat!!
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    I really want to go. I really do. But in the best interests of everyone involved, I'm trying to minimize anyone's exposure to this virus I caught from my son and grandson.

None of you guys need this thing. I was hoping to be over it by now.
    From the previous post, Jack appears to be out for this year's tour.

Ooops .. I missed that one.

Jack, are you still running your show ? Would be good to know before we drive out ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just for clarification, are we meeting at 4:30? Also, I'm the last house on the tour, correct? If so, I may just drive separately as it makes no sense to travel back to Cary. Also, my girlfriend my be tagging along.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sam - depending on how we get there, we could pass by Harrison on the way to your place so you can get your car. That way, you can join in the conversation in the van, which is part of what the tour is all about...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Just for clarification, are we meeting at 4:30? Also, I'm the last house on the tour, correct? If so, I may just drive separately as it makes no sense to travel back to Cary. Also, my girlfriend my be tagging along.
    If you two drive down 540 and meet Scott ( or even drive to his house), then you could jump in with the group. Scott's house will be close to one of the last before yours. There is room for one more now that Jack is not joining.

I also hope we can see the pixel house in Morrisville (not a member of TASL) .. We can discuss that stuff as a group.

I've also not heard from Jack yet ... to see if we're driving out to Pittsboro ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole