Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 22, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 22, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    denny good job today it was good seeing everyone again i still hate driving up there arround the triangle that is
    Thanks Mike .. It was great seeing you ..

Wow, what an awesome turnout. We had at least 4 more people than the signup sheet. Nearly a full house. A great range of topics. And a lot of new people to RGB this year. I enjoyed every minute ! If Peter or Don will sen me their presentations, I can post them all here ..

I cannot attach the "Christmas Lighting 101" manual written by Fast Eddy. We reviewed the RGB section at the TASL meeting .. I can send copies on request if you message me with your name and email address. Everyone welcome .. not just TASL members.

Also I fixed a typo for the TASL membership fee that pays for our rooms .. The cost per family is $30 (NOT $40). I collected quite a few memberships yesterday. So we now have enough to pay for the May 3rd rental. But we still need more to pay for August 23rd. I will post the details later ...
    Last edited by kidcole; 02-23-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 22, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

I would be interested in receiving it.

James Van Horn
    jvh247@gmail.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    I would be interested in receiving it.

James Van Horn
    jvh247@gmail.com
    Details sent in email James .. you and I can meet in a week or so to get your RGB planning started.

Everyone,

I approved a couple new member requests for access into the TASL area of the forum. The group is growing so this area may become more useful for our local business such as planning meetings and workshops. Sometimes I am a little slow to remember to check the requests list. If there are any TASL members who have not placed their request into this area .. please select the TASL forum and follow the instructions to request access. I'll try to check the queue more often !

We have several new members who signed up at the TASL meeting Saturday. We are asking local members to contribute $30 to keep our rentals hall funded for 3 Saturdays per year. This is optional for remote members. We assume you are going to a great expense to join us, so we're currently operating with the assumption that local members will fund the room. As the membership grows, the local membership fee should come down.

Saturday we had two remote members who donated funds. Nancy Harris donated $30 and Mike Purser donated $20. Thanks to both of them .. and to all who help keep our club alive. We originally thought that the club might want to grow it's cash to purchase spare equipment, but we agreed on Saturday that would too many different items. Only a subset of our membership would get the benefit. Of course we can take this anywhere the membership wants it to go ! For now it appears that funding the meeting room is the best we can achieve. It might be worth a little more money if we can find a more accommodating rental hall with breakout rooms. Otherwise we'll stick to the current plan.

One last thought for membership with TASL. If you are growing your display on the proverbial shoestring and cannot afford to donate to TASL, please do not let that keep you from joining and attending meetings. You can help out when you are able. We would rather see you there !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny.

Let me know what night works for you next week so that I can plan.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Thanks Mike .. It was great seeing you ..

Wow, what an awesome turnout. We had at least 4 more people than the signup sheet. Nearly a full house. A great range of topics. And a lot of new people to RGB this year. I enjoyed every minute ! If Peter or Don will sen me their presentations, I can post them all here ..

I cannot attach the "Christmas Lighting 101" manual written by Fast Eddy. We reviewed the RGB section at the TASL meeting .. I can send copies on request if you message me with your name and email address. Everyone welcome .. not just TASL members.

Also I fixed a typo for the TASL membership fee that pays for our rooms .. The cost per family is $30 (NOT $40). I collected quite a few memberships yesterday. So we now have enough to pay for the May 3rd rental. But we still need more to pay for August 23rd. I will post the details later ...
    Denny,

I would like to receive the "Christmas Lighting 101" manual.

Thanks,
    Tom

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Here is the link to the original source, so you can always find the most current version: AusChristmasLighting 101 - AusChristmasLighting Wiki

...teach a man to fish...
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Shannon View Post
    Here is the link to the original source, so you can always find the most current version: AusChristmasLighting 101 - AusChristmasLighting Wiki

...teach a man to fish...
    Thanks .. I've been so busy I didn't have time to look up where I acquired the doc. .. Some of the members here might be interested in joining down there too ! There are a lot of amazing effects down there ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole