Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 22, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 22, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

due to a schedule change I will not be able to attend next Saturday's meet. hope to see everyone in the future.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 22, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Charity isn't coming; she and her sister have other plans.

But she said she'd make a pot of soup to go with that sandwich tray that I'll bring, along with some peanut butter bars.
    I updated the list. We'll see her next TASL.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    due to a schedule change I will not be able to attend next Saturday's meet. hope to see everyone in the future.
    Sorry to hear that. We'll see ya next TASL .. Mark your calendars for May 3rd.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will be coming with Don Williams.

See you there.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvhunter View Post
    I will be coming with Don Williams.

See you there.
    Awesome Michael. It will be great to see you. We do a pot luck lunch .. Check out the details on post #1 and let me know what you guys want to bring. Other food details also in post 1, such as bringing your own drinks ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I wish our rental hall had a separate room, beside the kitchen. It would be nice to overlap a LOR Visualizer agenda item, with Vixen and/or HLS. That would let the various members listen in on the one they are most interested in. If any members have ideas for how we could organize that during the TASL meetings as a regular item, please speak up. The club is dividing up, so when it comes to the software segments we could use a way to accommodate that. Nutcracker tends to be more universal and can also be used to convert shows from one software to the other. A Nutcracker demo might fit really well into the May3rd TASL !
    This is a good idea, I'm with you on figuring a way to execute it. The hall is long enough that we may be able to pull something like this off, the only issue is with sound traveling as the walls are quite bare. Having never used LOR in any way, most discussions about it do not interest me.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will be attending as well.

James Van Horn

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    I will be attending as well.

James Van Horn
    I am glad to hear it .. I look forward to meeting you. Your membership still says you are in Florida, but I recall you posted that you now live in Holly Springs. Our meeting hall is not far for you ! Let us know what kind of equipment you are running (LOR, Vixen, LSP, HLS, other) .. maybe a few pictures. You can start a post in one of the other topic areas on the Forum to share your info.

Also let us know what you want to bring for the pot luck. You can check the details on Post Number 1 in this topic, to see what others are bringing.
    Last edited by kidcole; 02-17-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny, I will attend this meeting and plan to being a 3 bean salad. Thanks, Tom Savage

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by tsavage View Post
    Denny, I will attend this meeting and plan to being a 3 bean salad. Thanks, Tom Savage
    Failed to mentioned that I will not be able to stay the entire time. I will have to leave approximately 3:00pm, possibly sooner.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Failed to mentioned that I will not be able to stay the entire time. I will have to leave approximately 3:00pm, possibly sooner.
    Excellent Tom. I am glad you can make it. You should catch most of the good stuff by 3pm. We will probably be discussing the Full Wave Rectifier solutions around that time. You and I can go through that sometime later.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Fairly certain I will be there, so I'll look forward to seeing you all. I'll have a bunch of lights for sale, too.
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Shannon View Post
    Fairly certain I will be there, so I'll look forward to seeing you all. I'll have a bunch of lights for sale, too.
    Glad to hear it. I have been requesting everyone to think about bringing items to sell or trade.

Everyone,

Bring cash or checkbooks if you want to pick up some deals.

I picked up the key today and I'll have the room open before 8:30 for load in. I got a volunteer for coffee but not for morning snacks to go with the coffee. So I'll pick up something and charge it to the TASL fund. We also need nametags, so I'll grab them all at the same time tonight.

There is another renter after us this evening, but we're always out on time by 5pm.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hey Denny... Hope you get this before going to bed or leaving in the AM... I will pick up pastries since someone else got coffee...
    Rob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by robb3369 View Post
    Hey Denny... Hope you get this before going to bed or leaving in the AM... I will pick up pastries since someone else got coffee...
    OK .. That sounds great ! We won't need a lot tho. Since nobody signed up for pastries, I went out a few hours ago and bought two kinds of mini doughnuts and some really nice looking blueberry cake slices ..

See ya in the morning .. :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

denny good job today it was good seeing everyone again i still hate driving up there arround the triangle that is
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com