Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: 2012 TASL Tour of Christmas Displays

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    I'm seriously thinking of coming over for the Raleigh tour, since I'll be in town Christmas week...
    That would be neat Mark. We would roll out the red Lights for you !

I am glad you mentioned the others. I am thinking about going up to see Larry and William during the weekend that Judy Pancoast is there. Helen is considering going, so we'll make it a family thing.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Let's hope the weather is good this year.
    Last edited by Deb J; 11-08-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I told Al I wouldn't be up on the roof every night this year dancing with Santa.
    Last edited by Deb J; 11-08-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Likes SWood, Melissa liked this post

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Deb J View Post
    I told Al I wouldn't be up on the roof every night this year dancing with Santa.

With the animatronics he's done for Halloween, why doesn't he use the technology for this? Unless you considers you part of the technology?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    We should probably discuss that. I suppose we first need to put all the house names in a hat. Jack Stevens is in Pittsboro, which could be a good place to visit first if we can get the before dark. The down side is how soon people could meet to get started. Dariusz and I live only about a half mile apart in Cary. Scott McLellan and David Stafford are in the far northwest Cary. Samj (you), Mel and Al are in Raleigh. We've not been hearing from folks (lately) from past TASL tours, such as Tom D and Scott Lorbacher, and Mike Tadesco (Apex & Holly Springs areas). So I'm assuming they are not joining TASL at this point . I think we could get it all in.
    Denny,

I'm honored you're thinking of starting at my house, but I have to say the same thing I've said in years past; Charity and I have a single display that is at least a 30 minute drive from you and Dariusz. We also have a smaller display (only 22,000 lights last year) so I think the time would be better spent driving from the displays that are local to each other (You, Dariusz, Dave with his CCRs), then the drive to Sam, Mel, and Al, etc......maximize display viewing time and minimize transit time.

I was told at the Pittsboro Street Fair a couple of weekends ago that someone just over the county line of Chatham and Lee counties bought several municipalities worth of Christmas lights; somewhere in the order of 3.5 million lights he's putting up on a 5 acre area. I'm about a 12 mile drive from where I've been told he's setting it up for display this year. I'm off tomorrow and will try to verify that, and get him to come on here. If what I've been told is valid, it would be a display like @Don Williams, one that you wouldn't want to just spend maybe 20-30 minutes at.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

For me, a good 80% of the selection process for the songs I select are based on what my kids like, and they love WIW. They like to listen to it over and over again....I think they'd be happy if I did just that one song.

So, no matter how played that song gets or how cliche it may seem....as long as my kinds want to hear it then it will be in my show.

Just my two cents.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Oh...as to getting together I'd love to see everyone else's display and I think we could do after Christmas, although we did enjoy going around and looking at people's lights (synchronized or not) before Christmas.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Any one driving to the mountains should consider stopping by our house to see Walter's AWESOME display on the way. We are only 5 miles from 40/85 and its a straight shot.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Any one driving to the mountains should consider stopping by our house to see Walter's AWESOME display on the way. We are only 5 miles from 40/85 and its a straight shot.
    Yes, I think we should pick another date or two and hit some of the more distant ones like Walter, Dan, <Jack> etc.

I am also still planning to see the Charpiat's display and William's display this year (with my family) .. 3 hour drive for those...

Jack, if we end up going to Lee county then I think we drive right past your place. Would have to be a different night than the TASL tour. Wow .. 3M lights would be a new all time high for North Carolina .. For that matter, we might want to go visit Don's show in downtown Wendell .. He was around 250K lights last year I think .. But now with his 60 foot megatree and other enhancements that the Town of Wendell has been work with him to create .. That one should be another biggie ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Denny,

I'm honored you're thinking of starting at my house, but I have to say the same thing I've said in years past; Charity and I have a single display that is at least a 30 minute drive from you and Dariusz. We also have a smaller display (only 22,000 lights last year) so I think the time would be better spent driving from the displays that are local to each other (You, Dariusz, Dave with his CCRs), then the drive to Sam, Mel, and Al, etc......maximize display viewing time and minimize transit time.

I was told at the Pittsboro Street Fair a couple of weekends ago that someone just over the county line of Chatham and Lee counties bought several municipalities worth of Christmas lights; somewhere in the order of 3.5 million lights he's putting up on a 5 acre area. I'm about a 12 mile drive from where I've been told he's setting it up for display this year. I'm off tomorrow and will try to verify that, and get him to come on here. If what I've been told is valid, it would be a display like @Don Williams, one that you wouldn't want to just spend maybe 20-30 minutes at.
    Hello all, I'm a light lover for sure and love riding around to see them. I'm way out in the country and kids around here don't have much to look at except woods, so we will be putting up a nice display for next year but ran out of time for this year. With that said I do need all the advice I can get on the subject. I have toons of frame work for displays that I want to convert to led and led rope light. I also need to find a designer that don't mind a newbies questions, and can work on a massive display nearly 1/2 mile if the money don't run out

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Darryl (DooCrew) is being modest. He is that person that bought the multiple municipalities lights; has a barn that is almost stack to the roof with commercial quality frames, and could give both @Don Williams and Pilot Mountain Christmas a serious run, although most of it is currently static. He was one person responsible for the Chik-Fil-A display at Walnut Creek several years back; it's those types of display items, and he wants do do a drive-through like that.

He's an electrician by trade, and spent most of his 2012 set-up time working doing Super Storm Sandy recovery work instead of display setup.

I'm not going to criticize his display being only partially set up because of that!

his other passion: Scooby & Scrappy Doo Pro Mud Racing Team | Racing For Fun I think from what I see there in the still photos most of them were taken at his home track, which is close to his house.

Darryl -

It may not be compatible, but one of the guys here extended his light hobby to his brother's motorcycle shop, and is now doing light shows on motorcycles and trucks.........but the mud may block the lights!
    Likes DooCrew liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Judy Pancoast will be here at our display Pilot Mountain Christmas this Friday night at 7PM December 14th and at William Bottomley's High Country Lights Christmas Display on Saturday December 15th at 7PM.

www.pilotmountainchristmas.com
    www.highcountrylights.com
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by duke View Post
    Judy Pancoast will be here at our display Pilot Mountain Christmas this Friday night at 7PM December 14th and at William Bottomley's High Country Lights Christmas Display on Saturday December 15th at 7PM.

www.pilotmountainchristmas.com
    www.highcountrylights.com
    Larry,

Charity and I had planned to come up, grab the kids and grandkids from the Winston-Salem a and see you and William just for this. That was before the daughter-in-law got a job that would conflict with that (her first day was yesterday) and our Lions Club changed the Christmas Party date from last Saturday (12/8) to this Saturday (12/15)

I'm hoping Denny will still make it there this weekend; I haven't talked to him recently about it.....but then, he just won this Tacky Tinsel Tour award and it is being presented to him Friday, so probably not......ugh. Too many things going on that overlap.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I know this time of the year everyone is busy and it is just hard to make plans there is just so much going on.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Video clip of Judy's concert last night.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Likes SWood liked this post