Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Triangel Area Synchroized Lighting (TASL) Club Formation

A big thanks to those who attended our organization meeting last night, and also to those who PM'd me with their thoughts about how we should organize TASL.

Last night we decided that we're going to formalize the TASL (Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting) club using a dues system to pay for the meeting locations. I will be writing up the terms over the next day or two, and begin signing up members. IN SUMMARY - - the formalizing of TASL is to benefit those who want to be a part of our local peer group and meet regularly to learn, build and share. TASL will not in any way change how we all interact as members of ChristmasCarolina.com CC will be our website just as it always has been.

The distinction of TASL membership will be joining into the meetings and interacting with your friends in the "Triangle" area. We have a plan for attracting and entertaining new members, and we will also invite walk-ins from around the Carolinas or anywhere else. Anyone from anywhere can choose to participate in a regular TASL meeting. We envision this scheme to be the model for other local areas that wish to expand to having their own local club for meetings, workshops and training.

As many of you have already discovered, the content of a TASL Saturday meetings is easily compared with that of most Conferences (and beyond), and we will continue these as in the past - but now funded by the club members.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Likes Al in Raleigh, scottmcl, SWood, mpurser, Rupert liked this post

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Triangel Area Synchroized Lighting (TASL) Club Formation

I just want to know who the three angels are...

Triangel? The thread title. {snicker}.... Ahhhh, never mind.
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting (TASL) Club Formation

Quote Originally Posted by Shanta View Post
    I just want to know who the three angels are...

Triangle? The thread title. {snicker}.... Ahhhh, never mind.
    Actually .. the three angels are Raleigh Durham and Chapel Hill. We want to be sure that the home of the club stays here, but at the same time we hope to span multiple clubs throughout the Carolinas. There are many potential areas for local clubs to spawn - - such as Greenville, the Coastal group, one or two in South Carolina and Charlotte. We'll need some motivated "anchoring" members to get those other clubs organized as their own groups.

Rob has created members areas for each group to have their own private communications on CC. Those areas will be great places for the members to use while deciding on the finer points of the club rules, proposing meeting agendas and any other new proposals. Of course we will continue to post the agreed meeting agendas and dates on CC, but the members can work things out on their own. I particularly like the idea of having TASL (and other area clubs) own some equipment that can be used temporarily when a club member loses theirs. Controllers, FM transmitters and E1.31 devices are good examples. But the membership would have to agree first .. we can do that in the private area and then publish the results on CC .. Rob has also added a signup function to the calendar system, so members and non-members can sign up to attend various meetings and the calendar will track them. This is a public function (not private) .. Should be fun !

I just realized I misspelled two of the four words with my original post .. not my usual style but I'll go with it !

Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting
    Last edited by kidcole; 10-19-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Triangel Area Synchroized Lighting (TASL) Club Formation

well i hope kicking and screaming stands for motivated