Thread: mini minis

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Smile mini mini # 4 is less than 2 hours away!

mini mini # 4 is less than 2 hours away! this mini mini will be a HLS introduction by Joe
    to view the schedule goto Event Time Announcer
    Reminder the server is here Onlive Virtual Classrooms

mini mini # 5 Video Taping Light Shows - Tips and Tricks by lightman of doityourselfchristmas
    view the schedule at Event Time Announcer
    mini mini # 6 industry overview of nearly everything! by AussiePhil of auschristmaslighting
    Be warned thins one may run long.
    Some things to try to discuss pixel types, diy v off the shelf, 5v v 12v, current draws, power injection (biggy). traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows, over and above that i would try to talk on using traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows
    mini mini # 7 + Iím working on getting some more presenter scheduled for more like a month ahead so everyone knows whatís coming up

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Dang I missed it again.
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Recap and video link

Show number 4 completed successfully with 30 attendees. The show was a great information introduction to HLS by Joe. The recording is available of the show is at BigBlueButton Slides Playback its starts about 17 minutes in. I will be changing some parts of the mini minis including the names (suggestions welcome) so stay tuned as I get some things lined up (should be done this week).

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Exclamation Changes to mini minis

Changes to mini minis
    Thanks to all that have attended mini miniís so far I believe it has been a great success. But like all things there are parts that could use some improvement, so Iím now going to tweak some parts of the system.
    One; the name, I never did like the name mini minis but I ran out of time to spend thinking of a better one so I thought that it would be better to move forward with a bad name than to hold everything up for just this. So the runner up change name was Friday night live with Gigogig Hosting witch lost for a couple of reasons, 1 its not frydays for all our users, 2 it want always be done at the same date / time (but we will try), and 3 I gigogig will not always be in attendance as the show must go on with or without me. So this leaves the finalist name change of Online Mini Conference and thatís the new name we will be using instead of mini minis.
    Two; the name, I never did like the name ďthe showĒ or ďopen round tableĒ same thing applied to these as the name that covered it all, but these 2 different names were born out of what I perceived as a necessity. The idea was to kick users from one room to another to help with load and with recording but it hasnít been necessary so the ideas will be there (mostly in the form of flow) but the rooms will be gone in faever of the master room named Online Mini Conference.
    Three; the recaps will all be posted together so users wonít need to go looking through the forms for them.
    Fore; still on a to-do. We do have a more complete recording of each show (for instance we do have the webcams recorded) but right now our playback is limited, Iíve bean saying it for a while but this will be improved (please be patient).
    Five; Iím looking into helping any normal mini broadcast itself using this technology so if your hosting a mini and have intenet there, I would love to help you set this up.
    Six; Iím looking into if there is any interest in me setting up a room to be used whenever anyone wants to chat (you know with like audio and a webcam) this would NOT be a replacement for the chats that are on other sites as this would be more for a quick discussions than for logging into all day every day. Also to make this work it would need a password (to keep internet rift raft off of it) but it would not be an account password system as I donít care to maintain accounts for all of you, instead it would be one master password that would change weekly. Almost like a google hangout but without the need for google accounts.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Post Online Mini Conference #5 (mini mini # 5) Video Taping Light Shows - Tips and Tricks

Online Mini Conference #5 (mini mini # 5) Video Taping Light Shows - Tips and Tricks by lightman of doityourselfchristmas
    Heads up...the next Mini Mini on Video Taping your Light Show is less than 19 hours away at Event Time Announcer (look for your time zone here as this link provides all of them for ezer conversions)
    "Lightman will cover the basics of night time shooting and pitfalls to avoid. He will cover camera settings, composition, stabilizing shots, zooming fundamentals, and more.
    He will present tips for syncing audio track with video and the basics of video editing.
    Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
    Regards," Lightman
    i (gigogig) am probably not going to be able to make this one so the room want be open until 15 minutes prior. I am confident that with lightman at the helm presenting we will have another successful show.
    Reminder the server is here Onlive Virtual Classrooms < you will not be able to login to this until around 15 minutes prior to the start, you can however almost always test your system at BigBlueButton -- Open Source Web Conferencing as they use the same sever tek as us.

Online Mini Conference #6 (mini mini # 6) industry overview of nearly everything! by AussiePhil of auschristmaslighting
    Be warned this one may run long.
    Some things to try to discuss pixel types, diy v off the shelf, 5v v 12v, current draws, power injection (biggy). traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows, over and above that AussiePhil will try to talk on using traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: mini minis

Finally made a meeting. It was a great presentation on making videos.
    Shannon Wood

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    Finally made a meeting. It was a great presentation on making videos.
    I hope these get recorded and posted for replay .. or at least scheduled for multiple replay sessions. Between work and summer plans I have only made part of one of these. I really love the concept and glad these are moving ahead.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Likes SWood liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Online Mini Conference #5 (mini mini # 5) Video Taping Light Shows - Tips and Tri

Quote Originally Posted by gigogig View Post
    Mini Conference #6 (mini mini # 6) industry overview of nearly everything! by AussiePhil of auschristmaslighting
    Be warned this one may run long.
    Some things to try to discuss pixel types, diy v off the shelf, 5v v 12v, current draws, power injection (biggy). traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows, over and above that AussiePhil will try to talk on using traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows
    This should be a great one to attend. Fri July 13th @ 9est.
    Shannon Wood

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Exclamation New form post moved

With the name change we have moved to a new thred, to see the new thred go here: Online Mini Conference

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Online Mini Conference # 6 is about 3 hours away!
    time Event Time Announcer
    this Online Mini Conference will be a industry overview of nearly everything! by AussiePhil

Reminder the server is here
    Onlive Virtual Classrooms
    and all youl need is a name to join
    but it wont be open untill about 15 min prior to the start

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This thread is now closed. You have 2 threads open on the same subject. Please keep this in the same thread in the future.
    Al