Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Next Triangle area meeting

We didn't get enough people to sign up for Sep 24 so that meeting is canceled. However, if 5 people sign up for Oct 8 then we will have that one. Sorry Vic.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thursday's are bad for me. Pre-existing appointment that will get in the way of getting to Raleigh.

Also, it's close to the trip to the Train...

Mark
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Its not on a weekend.... And for some strange reason people are determined to have a meeting on a work night... so I guess I am out of the group.... Let me know if you decide to meet on weekends...

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Oh well, I guess I'll take Charity out to dinner someplace then, for her birthday, instead of an Animated Lights get-together. I almost had her talked into it!

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Some people want it on a weekday and some want it on a weekend. I'm just picking dates. It looks like Spring 2010 will be the next meeting.

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ha ! I was good for the 24th. I've just been too swamped my neice's wedding last weekend and rehearsal dinner at my house. Took 2 days to recover ! Now it's time to start focussing on the neighborhood traffic jam (my Christmas house) ..

I am also good for Oct 8th.

I am curious if people can meet on a Sunday evening or even late afternoon. I have found with other clubs that this can be a good time when everyone is around ..

I appreciate the details on the Mega Tree mounting. I will see if I can scrape up some time to come and see it. My lights for the mega-tree are due tomorrow. I bought 24 foot strings. Now I need to decide if I make the tree about 12 feet high and double them (2" spacing) .. or make it tall but leave the lights at 4" spacing... ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I could not get the conference room at Starbucks so we will use the main part of the store. We will meet Thursday at 7pm. There is no agenda so come armed with questions. If someone has S2 questions they would like answered, we will try to answer those too but would appreciate if you brought a laptop with the software installed.

I also plan to distribute my sequences to the group. I will only have a few DVDs available.

If someone has a better place to meet for this scheduled meeting speak up. How does Sunday night, Oct 28 at 7pm sound for the next meeting.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am in for the 8th and the 28th. It would be interesting to know how many people will be coming to these software meetings. I could probably host a meeting at my home in Cary, but seating for laptop use beyond 10 or 12 people might not be practical.

If the sequences are less than 2GB and can be copied to USB keys, I can supply a bunch of USB keys to make additional copies for folks. Or I'd be glad to help make more DVD copies if necessary. My laptop can record them.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    I could not get the conference room at Starbucks so we will use the main part of the store. We will meet Thursday at 7pm. There is no agenda so come armed with questions. If someone has S2 questions they would like answered, we will try to answer those too but would appreciate if you brought a laptop with the software installed.

I also plan to distribute my sequences to the group. I will only have a few DVDs available.

If someone has a better place to meet for this scheduled meeting speak up. How does Sunday night, Oct 28 at 7pm sound for the next meeting.

I'm confused, which is normal, but I aslo don't understand. We will mee Thursday at 7 PM on Sunday, Oct 28, at a Starbucks. I know that Dom Williams wants to put the meeting off for a while, but it's a couple of years until October 28th falls on a Sunday, and next year for a Thursday.

I will do my best whatever day it is to make it, but the people who give me a paycheck (whatever we're calling ourselves this week, due to merger issues) come first. Doesn't help much with my confusion issue there.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It is my understanding that we're meeting this week on Thursday at 7pm at Starbucks. This is a software meeting and everyone is supposed to bring their laptop with software loaded.

Al, what is the address of Starbucks ?

Did you mean October 18th for the next meeting ? There is no Sunday October 28th?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

wbottomley

Boy... I wish I could attend.

I'm in the decorating gear (over drive) to make up some lost time.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

For some reason my last post didn't make it through. Sunday Oct 25 at 7pm at Starbucks Lake Boone Trail. From the Beltline head toward Rex Hospital. Starbucks is just west of the Beltline in the strip mall on the right--next to Mc Donalds.

The thumb drive idea is a good idea. In fact, if anybody wants a copy of my sequences then bring a thumb drive with you. We can transfer the files at the meeting. I will not make DVDs.

There is no agenda for this meeting. We will work on issues that people are having. I can answer most questions. We will also spend time on S2. Bring your questions.

The reason we scheduled another meeting so soon is to help the newbies get past issues that they are having with their upcoming displays. I will not be available mid-November until after Christmas. Our meeting this week is Thursday, Oct 8, 2009 at 7pm.

Like I posted earlier, I will distribute my sequences to help get you kick started. However, you MUST bring a thumb drive.
    Al
    Last edited by Al in Raleigh; 10-05-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will try to make it i have to work that night but may slide out early
    Walter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

OK I will see you guys on both dates (Oct 8th and 25th) at Starbucks. I can bring a bunch of 2GB USB <thumb> Drives for those who don't have any or if you just want one.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Would some one please explain why Saturday's are not being even considered??? We have people who live outside of Raleigh area. Would it not be easier for them to come then... Also last meeting was a Saturday and had a good turn out... Work nights are a bad time....