View Poll Results: Given two hotels have the same price, which hotel would you prefer for the convention

Voters
8. (You need to login to vote)
  • A hotel that has lots of plush furniture for a gathering but is 5 minutes by car to restaurants

0 0%
  • A hotel that has a breakfast area tables near the front desk but is walking distance to restaurants.

5 62.50%
  • I could give a crap less. I plan to stay somewhere cheaper.

3 37.50%

Thread: Carolina Convention Host Hotel Preference Poll

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Carolina Convention Host Hotel Preference Poll

We have a slight dilemma that we would like to have answered. We would like to get your opinion. We have a choice of 2 hotels for the host hotel. One has a nice lobby with a nice area for a social (outside area too). The other has a lobby that is near the front door and front desk with breakfast style furniture (has a couch too). Both hotels are near each other and the same restaurants except the hotel with the nice furniture is a 5 minute drive whereas the hotel with the breakfast tables is within walking distance of the restaurants. Both hotels are in the $85 to $100 price range.
    Al
    Last edited by Al in Raleigh; 06-16-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Al

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Carolina Convention Host Hotel Preference Poll

I'm going to abstain from voting here; I live locally.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I took option # 3 - don't care, since if I stay in the area, it will be at my son's place...much cheaper!
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I voted #3 If I overnight I doubt it will be at a $100 night hotel.

I will either lay my head the cheapest place I find or drive on into Charlotte/Columbia where the couches are free...lol...or it might just be a day trip depending on my schedule.
    Jen...

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Makes perfect sense to me. The convention is in Apex, NC but the hotels we picked are in Apex and Cary, NC and all are 5 minutes from the convention site. The unlisted/other hotels are either in Raleigh way on the other side of Cary and at least 15 minutes to the convention site. So, we only listed the Apex and Cary hotels. One hotel in Apex did not make the list as it is pretty much a dump. We won't list the name to keep them from getting all bent out of shape, but if anyone finds it should PM one of us before making a reservation. The Cary hotels are a little more money but are nice. The Apex hotels are more modest in cost and are newly built in good areas. The "host" hotel that we recommended is in Cary and is within walking distance to nice places to eat. Two of the hotels in Apex are within walking distance to more modest restaurants (hamburger restaurants). That reminds me, there is a place in Apex called Andy's Burgers as is within walking distance of 2 hotels (Candlewood Suites and Holiday Inn Express), that serves an amazing Icee. One of my helpers pointed it out to me last week. I am not a sweet Icee kind of person but that was amazing. If you stay at the Candlewood Suites or Holiday Inn Express in Apex walk over to Andy's and get an Icee. I had the mango and it was good, and I don't care for Icees or mangos. I've heard the shaved iced "sno cones" at Pelican's Ice Cream are amazing (helpers recommended it). Pelican's is a mile or so from the convention site.

We are polishing the convention announcement and will release it on Sunday when the rest of the TASL Convention Steering Committee has a chance to see it.
    Last edited by Al in Raleigh; 06-18-2011 at 09:12 PM.