Thread: TASL Techshop tour in Raleigh at 1pm Oct 30.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default TASL Techshop tour in Raleigh at 1pm Oct 30.

The TASL group is meeting and touring Techshop at 1pm Saturday, Oct 30. The link give directions and more information. We hope to see you there.

http://techshoprdu.com/

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Techshop tour in Raleigh at 1pm Oct 30.

I wasn't going to mention it, but a certain party in our group called me today (Friday) from Techshop thinking today was the day for the tour. Can anybody guess who that was?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

oh, me me me i know WHO!
    Walter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ha ! I have no idea who that might be.

But the place looks really nice. Not far from IBM ...

I'll see you guys there tomorrow for the tour ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I wish I could make it but the trick-or-treatin' is going on here in Pittsboro on Saturday, and I'm not sure we could make it back in time.

The local city (or county) administration announced it would be Saturday, Oct 30, but I don't know how many people/kids got that information. Some of the kids I talked to said they're going out both days because of this........don't blame them in the least.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Jack, we'll trick or treat at your house after the tour. Denny is dressing up as Eddie Van Halen, I'm David Lee Roth, and Walter is Valerie Bertinelli. We wanted Walter to be David Lee Roth but... Today's young people won't listen to reason.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am still here waiting for you guys. I hung out with a few guys who had pitched a bedspread against the back of the building next door. Seems like a nice bunch of guys. We have to take shifts pedaling a bike to keep the computer running.

One of the guys found a box of crackers this morning, so we had breakfast.

I hope some of you make it to the tour at 1pm !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quite an awesome place. Special deal is $79 for one trial month, including two courses. First year $900 paid up, then $100 per year. You can go month to month for $90 per month first year and $100 after that. Also a lifetime paid up membership is $5000. If I was retired I would really think about this. Amazing access to a full machine shop, full wood shop, CNC plasma cutter, 1200 DPI laser cutter, awesome 3D plastic printer, and a partridge in a pear tree. I currently spend about $1500 per year on plastic printing and could save a lot of money but would have to spend a lot of my time in return.

But finding the time to use this place....there in lies the problem. I am considering the one month trial just to use some stuff .. but I have to figure out when I can have a month to play !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We will discuss this at the convention meeting in December but may mention it at the TASL meeting on Nov 17. I like the place but maybe we should do a joint membership.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes, the JOINT membership is $1600 per year paid up in advance or $160 per month if paid as you go. With the joint membership (actually called their business membership), one person at a time can use the shop. Extras cost $20 per day as a guests. Each person has to be trained so there are training costs per person. Most training courses are $45 to $60 each. But there are also multi-course packages.

I can't make the 17th. Keep me posted on others that may be interested in grouping up for the joint deal. Four of us could be members for $400 each per year, plus our own training costs.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole