This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default TASL Coffee Meeting Wednesday, NOV 17, 2010 7PM Starbucks Lake Boone

We need to talk and no I don't want to break up with you. This will be a very informal meeting and we will do show and tell and discuss tons of stuff related to our displays. Our informal meetings usually last for 2 hours (edit: we now have the conference room for 3 hours) then the place closes and we stand in the parking lot and chat until midnight. The parking lot session is optional but lots of people seem to do it. Maybe we should hunt for a coffee shop open until midnight. If the scheduled time doesn't work for you then let me know. This is an excellent time to become a new member and meet part of our group. No cost involved just look for the group with Christmas stuff at a Starbucks in October. Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting (TASL).

Al

PS. We may talk a little about the 2011 convention but this is a regular meeting with no agenda. The convention meeting will be in December I believe? Is December correct Denny?
    Last edited by Al in Raleigh; 10-29-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Coffee Meeting Wednesday, NOV 17, 2010 7PM Starbucks Lake Boone

Unfortunately I may miss the meeting on the 17th. I am participating in a multi-division mini project and they are planning a workshop in Poughkeepsie NY on Monday through Friday that whole week. Although it is not settled yet, the organizers seem confident they will get it funded. So I'll have to jump on a plane .. Frankly I'd rather stay in town to attend the TASL Coffee ..

Yes, we want to hold a convention planning meeting in December. I plan to send out an email in a week or two, so we can plan the date. Because we're all tied up with our home displays, I am thinking this will need to be a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Dec 11th or 12th might be good candidates.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Coffee Meeting Wednesday, NOV 17, 2010 7PM Starbucks Lake Boone

Al - Can you go by the Starbucks and reserve the room? I know the knitting group (or what ever it is) has it until 8 or so, but we can get it after them. At least that way, the mess will be contained in one area when Roger spills the beans, per his promise. We don't want any of their paying guests to fall because of coffee beans on the floor.

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm tentatively in. Have to clear it with the boss first. Will they have the Canes game on the tv there?
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Jack, we have the conference room from 7 to 9pm. They would only reserve it for 2 hours. Jack could you call and reserve it from 9 to 10pm? 919-781-6211. I gave them my name only.

Scott, I don't believe I have seen a TV in the store. TIVO, DVR, or whatever acronym is used today for a VCR would be a good idea.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll be checking with the boss as well and hope to make it. Look forward to meeting you guys!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

See you there
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Jack, we have the conference room from 7 to 9pm. They would only reserve it for 2 hours. Jack could you call and reserve it from 9 to 10pm? 919-781-6211. I gave them my name only.

Scott, I don't believe I have seen a TV in the store. TIVO, DVR, or whatever acronym is used today for a VCR would be a good idea.
    "You sure you really want it that late for only an hour?" - Yes, please. Done.

Everyone - bring your bosses with you. The one I'm married to will be there; the one that OK's my pay check would like to be, but it's a bit of a commute from Louisiana.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Great Jack. Deb may be there but her work routine is truly unpredictable. The last meeting was more of a business meeting. This meeting is more of a work out problems we are having. I am having a real problem getting Walter to help because he works day and night. He is just going to have to quit his job and that is final. See, we are already working out our individual problems.

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

My boss has to put the boys to bed so she won't be there...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Can anyone show up? I love both lights and coffee!
    Rob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes. Everybody is welcome. The TASL group always needs new members.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hey Rob ! I also live in Cary and have been helping newbie with their systems, planning , power, LOR software, etc. I was not aware of any others in Cary running LOR so feel free to ping me if you need any help. Besides myself, there are two others in Cary with LOR synchronized lights this year (Dariusz and Scott). I hope to see you around ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Awesome... I'm up in the Northern portion of Cary, just off Harrison Ave, near the Reedy Creek Schools...
    Rob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I would like to join you on the 17th. I have tried to make a few of the events in the past but my schedule just didn't work out. But I'm keeping the 17th open. Looking forward to meeting some fellow LORer's.

Tom Durig