Thread: The Official Line Up for the "The House on Christmas Street" Tour

Carl B Zachary

Default The Official Line Up for the "The House on Christmas Street" Tour

Looks Like Judy will be making 4 stops in the Carolinas.

Saturday, December 18
    The Bottomley Estate
    8010 Glade Valley Road
    Ennice, NC 28623

Sunday, December 19
    The Brown Homestead
    4019 Lake Charles Way
    Indian Trail, NC 28079

Monday, December 20
    The Charpiat Mountain Home
    2 miles east of Old Highway 52 on NC Highway 268 East in Pilot Mountain North Carolina.

Tuesday, December 21 (the first day of WINTER and the official RIBBON CANDY DAY)
    The Greer Residence
    114 University Drive
    Conway, SC 20526

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: The Official Line Up for the "The House on Christmas Street" Tour

Carl,

Forgive me, but what is this tour about? Live concert type thing?

Thanks,

Vic
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah Judy is doing a tour of Christmas displays and throwing a mini concert at the displays. She has been on FB and PC talking about it.

Carl B Zachary

Quote Originally Posted by victory402 View Post
    Carl,

Forgive me, but what is this tour about? Live concert type thing?

Thanks,

Vic
    From Judy Pancoast on FaceBook

It's all set. In case you missed my other post, this year I've decided to do something really big to try to push "The House on Christmas Street" into the mainstream. It's been beloved and promoted by Christmas decorating enthusiasts all over the place, and I've figured out a way to say "Thanks" to them, bring attention to the song and help out some charitable organizations along the way.
    Starting on Nov. 27th I will be touring the land (and even going to the UK) and doing outdoor concerts at the homes of people who use my song in their animated lighting displays. I am doing this at no charge to the homeowners except that they have to provide lodging and they are expected to work on publicity for their event. At each stop we will be collecting donations for some local or national charity.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So I wonder if she could sing while the lights flash, at least to her hit song? I'm sure William and the others will be sharing details as the concert day approaches. I may have to check it out, bring the wife and kids.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Carl B Zachary

So I wonder if she could sing while the lights flash, at least to her hit song? I'm sure William and the others will be sharing details as the concert day approaches. I may have to check it out, bring the wife and kids.
    I think that is the Idea.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I had a brief email session with her about coming to my display; decided not to do it this year because I'm not sure I could get her the publicity she's looking for. The requirements she gave me was
    1.) must be a donation based display, with a not-for-profit charity being the recipient (note, my wife's name is Charity, so we are OK there - it'd be the Lions Clubs)
    2.) Provide a hotel room/B&B room for her - that could present a problem to me; there is only really one B&B in town here, and there's a good chance it'd be booked up. Next closest hotel isn't that close.
    3.) Publicity about her being at the display; she wants to see a lot of people. Good for the charity, good for her album. I got the blessing from the local city commissioners to do it; they like the idea. I still plan to do a local "campaign" to publicize our display, but I don't know how well I'll do. I had some safety concerns come up at the last minute last year so I didn't push it that much. I had some cars go by, but not as many as I would have liked. I don't have a history I could show her as to the number of people coming by in past years, so between this and the possible lack of a place for her to stay we passed on it this time.

It's an excuse for Charity and me to go see William's display. I've had a number of email conversations with her; I'd like to meet her.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I've been wanting to visit William up yonder too. From what I hear it's worth the trip to see all of the lights he stole from John.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

wbottomley

Well... come on up.

I would love to have you here high on the mountain.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

From what I hear it's worth the trip to see all of the lights he stole from John.
    Vic,

I might make the trip this year as well. Maybe I'll learn how to do an impressive display like William does.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I second that. I need to learn as well how to do a display like his.

wbottomley

Impressive?

Ok, if that's what you call it.

It's a headache especially moving to a new location.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

You'll pull it off William, If not we are going to heckle and mock the show with booos and rotten tomatoes. How's that for gettin your ace in gear? If you need help let us know...
    Vic
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

You'll pull it off William, If not we are going to heckle and mock the show with booos and rotten tomatoes. How's that for gettin your ace in gear? If you need help let us know...
    Vic
    Vic, what kind of help? If you mean with heckleing and booing and throwing rotten tomatoes, count me in!

I bought a basket of tomatoes at the produce stand today. I never eat tomatoes. They should be nice and rotten by then.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs