Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Lightbulb heat shrink and other wiring accessories supplier

I have used a bunch of heat shrink tubing from here: Welcome to Ties4Less - Electrical Supply They have about the best prices I have seen and shipping is fairly quick too.
    I have used 16 feet of this stuff already! 1/8" 3:1 DUAL WALL ADHESIVE LINED HEAT SHRINK - BLACK - 4' STICK in rewiring our lights to work with the rectifiers.
    Joel

Likes SWood liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: heat shrink and other wiring accessories supplier

Does anyone know where to get the JST connectors used to connect pixel strips together? A USA distributor would be great. Or does nobody use these? If not then what do you use, a pigtail?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: heat shrink and other wiring accessories supplier

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the JST connectors used to connect pixel strips together? A USA distributor would be great. Or does nobody use these? If not then what do you use, a pigtail?
    I think most of us use the round waterproof connectors that come in 2-pin (power injection), 3-pin (WS281x pixels), and 4-pin (dumb RGB and some pixel schemes). The advantage of these is so you can use pre-made extension cables. Most people have difficulty making good water proof cables, so buying them from China (or Holiday Coro) is a simpler more reliable way to go. We have not proven if you can interchange cables from different suppliers (yet). That is something I'd like to know more about. Perhaps they have tackled this topic on DIYC.

In China you can buy your pixel strips and strings with the plugs already on them. Or buy the pigtails in sets from Holiday Coro, DIY LED Express, and other American companies.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control