Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default poll to gage intrest

due to the local power company removing my street light killer off my yard light i have used spare unused parts to build a lazer that sits on top of my home that shuts off my very bright led yard light that the power company installed on November 30 of last year and charged me 3o bucks to turn it off and another 30 bucks to turn back on this month if enuff of you wish to see how its done safely i ll do the picture thing and wright it up with out breaking any laws or power company feelings
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: poll to gage intrest

I have read/heard about such things on some of the other forums... We have no need for one as there are no street lights on our block, but I think it is a pretty neat idea to show off.
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good idea. I know Paul Lowe used a black trash bag over his light. He puts it on with a long pole.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

There is a street light right next to me. But I won't know until next December if it's going to be a problem.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

ok cleck these out see the difference

are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

OK lets try this again.to build this yard lazer i used parts from a Star Shower lazer i had not sold because it was damaged.-star.jpg and a gobo projector-img_0147.jpg first i opened the star lazer and removed the lazer its pcb and cut the its photo cell out and cut the 3 switching wires the yellow wires went to the photo cell black and white wires went to the mode switch thats no longer needed.red and black will give you red lazer . blue and red will give you green laxer remove the defusser lens that's in front of the laxer only one spot is needed not 100.also a word of caution here NEVER LOOK INTO A LAZER OR AIM IT AT OTHERS rap the lazers pcb in plastic to keep it from shorting.Now to strip unneeded parts from the projector remove the convex lens.-img_0162.jpg remove the lamp and its socket. leave power wire lazer power soure will fit inside tube.drll to holes into bakerlite disk to match screw holes in back of lazer-img_0151.jpg mount lazer to gobo plate use cover glass into frount of tube plate where convex lens was solder all wire ends and shrink wrap all wires slide frame back into tube reuse needed scews i tested this and it will run for hours thanks to the heat sinks on the lazer all the other i either tested overreached had limited run time i also go this to sent a beam 200 foot in daylight-img_0157.jpg i had put 2 c9 bulbs on top of my light and thay did the job sadly the power company came by 3 days later and changed my old mercury vapor light o the new led light and told me not to reinstall the c6s but the installer did tell me its photo cell is -img_0150.jpg aimed at my porch and a lazer would not hurt it
    Likes rcktpwrd liked this post