Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default seeking project advice

This is a project many years in the making.
    I bought a metal 'panel' tree and done nothing with it, I was hoping one day to use pixels on it.
    ideally if there was a way of using something the P10 panels and cut them to fit the trapezoid and triangle shapes of the frame, I'd be set.
    Just trying to get some ideas on the lighting media to use. I want to be able to take section apart to move/store.
    I attached a couple of pics showing if I use smart pixels strands, if I wrap each section horizontally or if I do it vertically. Not having worked with pixels, I do not know best way to arrange them so I can 'number' them for sequencers.

The frame is in 4 sections that stack and is 8' tall. Here is the widths of the bottom/tops of each section.
    example - 18" is the width of the top of bottom and also the width of bottom of the next section that goes on top.

^

--- 6" ---

------ 12" ------

--------- 18" ---------

------------ 24" ------------

Just estimating on lights needed, if I wrap them horizontally with a 3" spacing, i figure I will need about 200-300 feet of something,like smart pixels or led tape that is on %meter spools.
    -horz_stringing.jpg-vert_stringing.jpg
    Ross Shotts (100,000+ light total)
    www.lights4paws.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: seeking project advice

i have 2 of those tree frames one 6 foot and one 8 footer i got from Nancy crazylightmama while mine are not done with pixels i used close to 200 foot of leds on the 6 footer and 400 foot on the 8 footer thay are on the ends of the circles on the right
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: seeking project advice

Those are neat trees. I see that Mike replied. I knew he had a couple. I think if you were to make large P10 panels, it would be a waste to cut them. Once you have a large matrix, then you can put any picture you like on them including trees.

If you are seeking something unusual, you might try to find some Pixel ornaments that are perhaps 2" or 3" in diameter. Attach them in rows similar to your left picture except you might only get two or three rows per section. I think you could come up with a bunch of cool light tricks that that. You would probably need to string them horizontally with stainless wire or something that would handle the weather. Then you could tiewrap each ornament in the spacing you want. This idea would be a ton of work to build but would be unique when it was finished.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control