Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Help: Looking for info on connecting LoR controller to E1.31 bridge

Need to understand how to connect LoR controller to E1.31. Is there a different pinout for Cat5 cable? What settings should I use on the E1.31, what jumper etc... Any Wiki's that have this info would be great!

-lor-renard-diagram.jpg

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Help: Looking for info on connecting LoR controller to E1.31 bridge

From my experience, everything Renard has its own wiring. The only way I know of to run a LOR controller is through DMX. I have never seen the picture you are showing. There is a detailed Renard wiki on DoItYourselfChristmas.com You will find every possible wiring diagram there (related to Renard). I don't see where the E1.31 signal originates in your drawing !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    From my experience, everything Renard has its own wiring. The only way I know of to run a LOR controller is through DMX. I have never seen the picture you are showing. There is a detailed Renard wiki on DoItYourselfChristmas.com You will find every possible wiring diagram there (related to Renard). I don't see where the E1.31 signal originates in your drawing !
    I made the drawing to illustrate what I have. So the PC connects to the E1.31. The E1.31 can communicate DMX or Renard. Since the LOR Controller can talk DMX, and so can the E1.31, if I place the LoR on its own Universe, configure the E1.31 for DMX on that port, it should be able to talk DMX to the E1.31. The Renards are on their own, and are flashed with Renard. My thinking is that since everything is isolated Renard from DMX, its technically possible.

I just cant seem to find anywhere a guide to using a LoR Controller in a E1.31 configuration and what it takes to do that...

-lor-renard-diagram.jpg

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Follow the directions to make a DMX crossover cable.
    KB Results

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter