Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Considering mixing some wireless to reach neighbors

Cross posted to cc & diyc.com

OK, we're sorta kicking and screaming against our will.... 😁
    We have two neighbors across the street who may want to be added to our show. They aren't side by side. It really seems unlikely if they are to be added that it would occur hardwired.

Now, for our setup. No rgb, no pixels. We are all incan or led. we use a PC running vixen 3 (win7 x64, Intel core2) USB to rs232/535 thru cat5 daisy chained to 7 renard ss24's about 160 channels used.
    Our yard is packed. Have begun to add display to adjoining neighbors yards. (Against their strenuous objections. Jk)

Finally adding FM xmitter (vast USB .1W) this year.

It's as basic as it gets.

We like the wired setup. Can we add wireless to transmit to neighbors yards? We would plan to add more renard for each. Unless there's a simpler alternative.

What is the simplest, easy learning curve cheapest way to accomplish the adding of at least one neighbor's yard.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Considering mixing some wireless to reach neighbors

If you are running DMX, then there are wireless DMX adapters. If you are running Renard protocol, then the "mecca" of Renard solutions is on the DIYC site. You would probably find your answers on many previous posts there ..

I'll check out your post on DIYC .. I am curious myself !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Generally clueless... dirknerkle's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Considering mixing some wireless to reach neighbors

Here's a new wireless product.... it's a plug-in replacement for the popular XBee radio. This little guy runs on your wireless network, and you can control Renard products at up to 230,400 baud and DMX products at 250kbps! It's called the ESP Snap-In... costs about $9 to assemble one of these gizmos including the wireless module! That makes this about $22 cheaper than an XBee....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -completed.jpg  
    the DIGWDF Store... the place to go to find stuff you didn't know existed... or that anybody would even bother to make, for that matter. www.digwdf.com/store