Thread: Pixel Matrix Net from Holiday Coro !

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Pixel Matrix Net from Holiday Coro !

I just saw the new netting from Holiday Coro ... Wow ! This stuff makes large matrix-making simple ! And the clear version is more than twice as strong as the black. Several spacings available. These guys are really starting to listen to their customers, and deliver the goods .. Select the link below:

PixNode Netâ

I just bought some clear ones to try for my half-size pixel mega-tree. I just got the announcement for their new matching tree topper.

QuickTree Pixel MegaTree Topper by HolidayCoro.com

I might need to move to this one instead of my CLS Topper.
    Last edited by kidcole; 05-05-2015 at 05:06 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Pixel Matrix Net from Holiday Coro !

I saw this as well. A new thought has entered my mind about my display, just build my mega pixel tree and then also build a matrix using these and then I can really look to have good video without having to sacrifice the tree. What do you think about that one?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    I saw this as well. A new thought has entered my mind about my display, just build my mega pixel tree and then also build a matrix using these and then I can really look to have good video without having to sacrifice the tree. What do you think about that one?
    Yes, I think the 2" spacing net would give better results than the megatree would have, in your close-up situation. I am still not convinced that you home movies would yield anything recognizable with 2" spacing. But simple color effects, shapes and text would look great on it .. Even 1" spacing might not show good detail without getting really far back from your yard.

One unusual item is their matrix size .. 1152 nodes. Kinda strange. You'll only need two nodes from the 24th string :-) But since you bought 36 50-node strings, you'll have spares !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I think I may re-work my plan a bit, I think I may buy a few of these myself and see what I can do with it.

More ideas???? Here we go. I love it.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    I think I may re-work my plan a bit, I think I may buy a few of these myself and see what I can do with it.

More ideas???? Here we go. I love it.
    @Samj435 Sam Johnson has some ideas for a more dense matrix made up of panels. Petr presented a small one at one of the TASL meetings last year. I think there are larger panels for less $$$ now .. THose would give you better video results in your display ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    One unusual item is their matrix size .. 1152 nodes. Kinda strange. You'll only need two nodes from the 24th string :-) But since you bought 36 50-node strings, you'll have spares !
    There is some logic in the reason why number of nodes are what they are. We had to choose to go with a specific spacing - 2", 3", etc or to go from a specific node count 25 nodes x 50 nodes for example. We elected, for simplicity, to go with a specific spacing for the 2" and 3". When you lay them out, you end up with only a set amount of space out of a 4x8 sheet of material. We figured that we'd never make everyone happy with the node counts so that is why we made it so that the unit can be expanded or reduced in size to fit each specific customer requirement.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    There is some logic in the reason why number of nodes are what they are. We had to choose to go with a specific spacing - 2", 3", etc or to go from a specific node count 25 nodes x 50 nodes for example. We elected, for simplicity, to go with a specific spacing for the 2" and 3". When you lay them out, you end up with only a set amount of space out of a 4x8 sheet of material. We figured that we'd never make everyone happy with the node counts so that is why we made it so that the unit can be expanded or reduced in size to fit each specific customer requirement.
    This is good info .. the advantage here is you have already taken on the pain of the design and fabrication. Once the grid is defined in the software, you never have to worry about it again .. One day these old matix designs will be considered the "old stuff" .. and new higher density panel designs might take their place. We're working our way back to making the Christmas house a giant television set !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    This is good info .. the advantage here is you have already taken on the pain of the design and fabrication. Once the grid is defined in the software, you never have to worry about it again .. One day these old matix designs will be considered the "old stuff" .. and new higher density panel designs might take their place. We're working our way back to making the Christmas house a giant television set !
    That is what I had hoped someone would do - cover an entire house with this stuff and make a huge house pixel matrix. This is why I released the design with the clear material - that way it wouldn't look like army netting during the day and at night it would just come alive.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    That is what I had hoped someone would do - cover an entire house with this stuff and make a huge house pixel matrix. This is why I released the design with the clear material - that way it wouldn't look like army netting during the day and at night it would just come alive.
    I ordered some of your clear strips for a pixel tree I am making .. They look to be perfect for mounting my bulbs .. I am hoping that the wiring of my pixels is consistent enough to use the 4" spacing. But now just realized I didn't order enough strips. I'll have to log in to place a second order .. I am not sure if it's possible to combine shipping at this point. I'll log in shortly to place the second order ..

At least one of our members is talking about buying one of you pixel matrix sheets. It's great that you offer clear and black. I think the decision is easy .. if there are lights behind the matrix then use clear .. If the matrix is not blocking anything then use black. Thanks again for all your creative offerings .. and your virtual army of videos set an example for the whole industry !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That pixel netting is really neat. I think that will come in perfect for my pixi-fence that I'm building this year.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0