Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Triple LOR Controller Box

I mounted three LOR controllers into one of the large fiberglass outdoor boxes that we purchased (used) a year or so ago. They were a group buy for $20 each ! These are very large volume boxes. It came out pretty well ..

These boxes had various different labels in them. The third picture is of a label that is on the inside cover. I didn't notice it until the controller was built. Pretty funny ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imag0090.jpg   -imag0089.jpg   -imag0091.jpg  
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Triple LOR Controller Box

LOL.... LOR Mega Controller... 48 channels...

Looks like it was made for it... Very well done.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah that is cool, I like the outlet cords with multiple outlets thats a good idea. Nice Job!

How are the boards attached on top of each other?
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hi Shannon. I bought these LOR boards (used) last Spring from a friend here at IBM. He moved to Texas and sold me his entire system. He had mounted each board in a plastic Rubbermaid tub, and he had used SPT-3 extension cords for the channel wires. Except his channel wires were about 12 feet long ! So I cut them short to make a compact unit. He had already tagged them all with wire markers, so they were ready to mount once I cut them down.

The heatsinks for the boards are firmly attached to the boards and they also pass under the boards to form the mounting surface. The bottom board's heatsink is bolted through the fiberglass with a spacer so the heatsink is not directly contacting the fiberglass. I have three legs each for the middle and top boards. They are offset to the left so they don't touch anything. The 4th corner of the middle and top boards is not attached. There "high point" for each board is where the heatsinks stick up on the sides and there is about 1" space minimum from that high-point up to the next board. I created a safe-zone to the right side of the box where the cat-5 networks will enter and leave the box. All the channel wiring is kept low in the box, so each board can be flipped up for servicing by removing the three mounting screw. These boards are about 5 years old and have the manual switches for setting the channels (which I prefer !). I can set the channel address easily without removing any boards.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Likes SWood liked this post

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Those look like the Showtime controllers which are 20 amp instead of 15. You could call it Denny Triple Delight,

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes they are the 20 amp boards. I wanted to give them a nice home in the fiberglass box. I love the screw terminals for the channel wires. Apparently you can load an animation into these boards (without music). There is a speed control on the board for how fast you want to clock the animation program. Nothing I ever plan to use, but could be handy to somebody else ... one day in the future - - when I'm too old to lift the box ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Very nice Denny but don't use any software LOL, Looks like a commercial job. All of the cords are very neat and tidy.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas