Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default William's Firesticks

Since Scott just asked what a firestick is, I thought I would open this new post. Here's a link to William's video and then below a comment that William posted about them last November. The firestick video is the second one (I think) ...

http://www.highcountrylights.com/video.html

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    Those are ones I made. It's basically an arch that is not bowed.

Wrap seven strands of lights on each pipe. Each strand is individually controlled.

They can be a channel hog or a channel saver. If you make five sticks like mine and don't want to use a lot of channels, then make each strand on each stick on one channel.

If you want those to look like mine, then use 35 channels.

To get them to stand up, drive two feet of 1/2" EMT conduit in the ground and slip them over the conduit.

As far as the strobes, each strobe is controlled individually to consume five more channels to a total of 40.

The pipe used for the lights is 3/4" PVC conduit.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: William's Firesticks

I don't think William uses the term "Firesticks". That is a word used by Chuck H on PC, and I don't think he has many fans on this forum.

In my display, my 4 vertical poles are sequenced using the Vue Wizard and respond to the amplitude of the music. I don't like the term "firesticks" either.

EDIT: This next year, my "Vue Meter Poles" will be 3 colors, Green, Yellow and Red, more like a "traditional" vue meter.
    Last edited by John; 06-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I don't think William uses the term "Firesticks". That is a word used by Chuck H on PC, and I don't think he has many fans on this forum.

In my display, my 4 vertical poles are sequenced using the Vue Wizard and respond to the amplitude of the music. I don't like the term "firesticks" either.
    John is totally correct. Now John is going to get all friendly with me because I agreed with him. It ain't going to happen John.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    John is totally correct. Now John is going to get all friendly with me because I agreed with him. It ain't going to happen John.
    Thank GOODNESS ! I was worried for a minute until I read your last sentence! Thank GOODNESS it ain't gonna' happen!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That is a good response John. I feel much better about your situation now. You have been spending too much time playing with lights in your refrigerator lately. I almost asked you to stand on your head and sing showtunes (good Lord, I would hate myself for that) until the strobes died. But I didn't. See I was looking out for you. Please don't get so LARGE LETTERS WITH ME.