Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Display Security?

So I have out a LOT more hardware in the yard this year by adding pixels....

plus for XMAS, I have display elements in 3 neighbors yards.

I've had very few issues (knock on wood), but I decided I wanted to add a bit of security this season. So, I found a decent package from Samsclub and installed it yesterday.

So far- I love it!

1. i can set it to record on motion during overnight hours, and
    as a bonus
    2. I can login from anywhere with my iPhone or iPad and check out the crowd!

Anyone else doing something similar?

-screen-shot-2015-10-16-6.01.59-pm-copy.jpg

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Display Security?

It's always better to be safe than sorry. I put up three cameras last year, two 3 megapixel CCD cameras, and a 480 line PTZ dome on top of my megatree. This year, I've included 6 additional cameras, for a total of 9 on the front yard. I'm contemplating a 10th, another PTZ model. With some of the cameras I'm using, you can make a "virtual fence", and trigger an alarm if someone passes through it. I'm thinking that I could cause it to run a sequence turning on white lights in the yard if someone were to enter it. Think of it as a giant motion-sensor light!
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i mount hotel window alarms inside each lor box or 684 its tied to something solid with a monofilement fishing line invisable in the dark if the box is moved it sets off a very high pitched noise at that point its up to my nine
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i mount hotel window alarms inside each lor box or 684 its tied to something solid with a monofilement fishing line invisable in the dark if the box is moved it sets off a very high pitched noise at that point its up to my nine
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I read somewhere of people using a light switch with string tied between it and a solid object to turn on flood lights as an easy 'yard entry' alarm. Just drill a small hole through the light switch arm and run your string or fishing line between them.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I haven't done this, but read about it elsewhere. The LOR controllers use pins 3,4,5 and 6 for data and voltage feed. I know the earlier generation controllers passed through the other pins; not sure about gen 3 or gen 4; I've heard they may not.

Some people have looped a voltage through one of those other pins, going through each of their controllers, and running the cable back to the house. They use that voltage to keep a "normally closed" relay energized. Someone pulls a controller, it breaks that loop, and the relay will sound off an alarm and security lights.

Something similar could probably be configured for other devices . Maybe use "The Dude" network monitor (the program is free) for anything E1.31. If you use that, be careful with the config. I know of the program because of it being misconfigured, and going out and "discovering" the whole Internet, not just what is on your local network.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Once I get my renard setup working, i will be putting multiple HIKVISION cameras in my yard so I can capture the damn kids who took my christmas pig if they strike again...

I got all my info from Sam and other TASL members...

Thanks,
    Chris