Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default It has officially started...

The wife couldn't wait any more, we started putting up lights this weekend. We wrapped 28 pines trees as high as I could, around 14 feet up. It is such a shame wasting the other 45 feet ! Maybe we'll be in better position next season to rent a man lift. got a few other decorated trees done, got the 40' walk thru tunnel started. Just the tip of the ole iceberg! Wife said this is the year that every working strand of lights will be used, she thinks we will not do all this space justice, but hey, it is our first year at this place. Will be limiting decorating to front, one side yard and back, hopefully we'll have the woods cleared on other side yard to complete the loop walking trail for next year.
    I've already tested all my new cat5 cabling ran from house to external locations, just need to get addition LOR dongle to handle my drops. I know, waiting to last minute to order, but I can manage this year since other side of lot will not be ready.
    Happy hanging to ya'll, have a very merry holiday lighting season. Look for more updates about our new location/setup.
    Ross Shotts (100,000+ light total)
    www.lights4paws.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: It has officially started...

Awesome Ross. Thanks for sharing. I sold my house in Cary and moved to Clayton. I am swamped with projects at the new house so I am not sure if I will run the lights or not. I might be better off to plan ahead for next year.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Where at in clayton Denny?
    Dave Hileman

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Where at in clayton Denny?
    Hi Dave. I am off Little Creek Church road about 2 miles south of the 70 Bypass in eastern Clayton. I am not sure if I will do a Christmas show this year. My whole show is still stored at my old house in Cary. The buyers agreed to stare it up to 3 months. I am building a new garage here, with a storage attic above, for my Christmas stuff. I have so much to do to get everything into the attic, build my workshop, organize my antique boats and motors, etc. I keep thinking I would be better off waiting until next year for a Christmas display. We're so rural, I need to figure out a way for people to come up and start the show .. something like a giant red button ! I know how to do this with LOR controllers, but with pixels and DMX stuff mixed in .. I am not sure how to do it.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Truthfully, we're getting a little itchy here too. Can't wait to start decorating for this years display.
    We've been working on new music to ad to our second year with the Light O Rama controllers, and we're adding a second controller, and truthfully could use a third for our first Spiral Tree, and have an FM transmitter for this year, that's something over a speaker that set on the front porch last Christmas season. If anybody is downsizing, I'd like a shot at getting another controller. Wife will only buy me one a year.... Never said I couldn't get another on my own!

Bob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Truthfully, we're getting a little itchy here too. Can't wait to start decorating for this years display.
    We've been working on new music to ad to our second year with the Light O Rama controllers, and we're adding a second controller, and truthfully could use a third for our first Spiral Tree, and have an FM transmitter for this year, that's something over a speaker that set on the front porch last Christmas season. If anybody is downsizing, I'd like a shot at getting another controller. Wife will only buy me one a year.... Never said I couldn't get another on my own!

Bob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkboy2 View Post

Bob
    Hi Bob ! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :-)

It's nice to see that you are expanding. I am living this vicariously through you guys for Christmas this year. I am not likely to get much out for Christmas this year. I am buried in projects trying to get the garage built, and everything moved to Clayton.

I discovered that working with grading contractors is a real mess. Those guys are swamped with work and don't seem to care much for their customers. After waiting several weeks, my grading contractor dropped out on me. Apparently found a bigger job, so he simply said he would not be able to get here for my grading for a couple months ! I had to start over and get in line with another one. Now the new one won't get started here till the middle of October. Ughhhhh...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks Denny (for the birthday wish).
    You know that if/when you need a hand, just hollar and I'm sure a group of us can get over to give a hand.

Bob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkboy2 View Post
    Thanks Denny (for the birthday wish).
    You know that if/when you need a hand, just hollar and I'm sure a group of us can get over to give a hand.

Bob
    I appreciate that offer !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We started working on this years display in January and started putting up in August. I built a new building with a picture window to house the Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -misfit1.jpg  
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas
    Likes MackS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That is SWEET!
    We've been working year round just getting more lights programmed to music for this years Christmas display.

Bob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Spectacular Larry ... You and Rachel live this 24/7 !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Thanks duke thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

-spiral-tree4.jpg We're working on a Spiral Tree for this year. We only have 4 channels open on our next controller. So we're using 3 strings of lights for each channel that will cover the tree pretty well. Next controller we get will be dedicated to the Spiral Tree.
    Likes MackS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ozarkboy2 Would you please post a how to. Would love to make one.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by MackS View Post
    Ozarkboy2 Would you please post a how to. Would love to make one.
    Absolutely!
    I'm not much of a computer guy so IF, I did this right, it's the video I found on youtube, and used these same plans. To tie mine to the ground, I'm going to put 3 eyelets in the top, and tie them to the ground using tent stakes.
    https://youtu.be/-D8R2AZA45I

Bob
    Thanks MackS thanked for this post