Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Teardown and Storage Complete <finally>

I had to wait an extra week due to the weather. Sunday <yesterday> turned out to be a great day. It took about 12 hours for me (8am to 8pm). I got help in waves. I only got about 8 people this year .. from 11 until 2 .. then just a few stayed another hour till 3. We had a break at 1pm for a group meal, but most of the big stuff was off the house and stored. Everyone left at 3, but then my son came back with five friends at 5pm. We got everything into the attics by 7, and then I spent an hour by myself cleaning up the last details. Overall, this year's packing is the cleanest storage ever. I even got the 4' talking trees into on of the attics.

Now for those 5' steel trees from James .. I was not able to use them this year, but I am 90% done with my plans to mount GECE large pixel bulbs on them. But ... I am still trying to have a creative brainstorm to design a place to store them. Nothing yet :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Teardown and Storage Complete <finally>

Glad to hear you got it all put away!

I just got to the back of my storage container that held most of my decorations. Very little stuff made it's way out into the yard this year. I'm still in the process of getting a larger storage building built in the backyard to hold most of my stuff and provide a place to work on things out of the weather.

If you can't find a good place to store those metal trees, let me know. I should have plenty of room to keep those, since I have 2 of them myself. I'm also working on mounting options for some type of pixels on mine for this next year.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    Glad to hear you got it all put away!

I just got to the back of my storage container that held most of my decorations. Very little stuff made it's way out into the yard this year. I'm still in the process of getting a larger storage building built in the backyard to hold most of my stuff and provide a place to work on things out of the weather.

If you can't find a good place to store those metal trees, let me know. I should have plenty of room to keep those, since I have 2 of them myself. I'm also working on mounting options for some type of pixels on mine for this next year.
    Thanks Mark .. I am thinking of putting 7 or 8 GECE bulbs on each of the 8 bars. But the bars are fairly thin. Let me know if you find a good way to mount to those bars. I will keep you in mind if storage becomes a problem. I may also go through a house move like you did. We're looking into how long it will take us to get the house ready .. and also looking at candidate houses. We will compare that to what it will take to stay here. I am just concerned that in the long term, this house will eat up all our spendable cash. It seems like way too much house for two people. Helen suggested we wall off the upstairs and only use the downstairs .. :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny,
    We actually moved to a larger home, but most of the living space all on one level. Our house in Kernersville was big enough to raise 2 kids, but didn't have the flow or layout we wanted for the next 10-15 years.

We now have a larger kitchen with plenty of workspace that ties to a long great room for entertaining and relaxing. Bedrooms (still 3) are down the end of the hall away from the kitchen, but with a much bigger master bath and closet. One of the bedrooms is now Nancy's creative studio, and I have most of a 1000 sq ft basement for a mancave (w/home office) and a workshop. The mancave is still just sheetrock that needs to be mudded and finished, but it's a start.

Oh, and the fact that it's closer to one grandchild in Concord and not too far from the second one coming to Raleigh in March isn't bad either.

I'm sure you and Helen will find a great place to call home.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

while im not moving i also will have to enlarge my seasonal storage i bought a 10 by 10 3 years ago and the display has out grown it already some stuff is still in the garage
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    while im not moving i also will have to enlarge my seasonal storage i bought a 10 by 10 3 years ago and the display has out grown it already some stuff is still in the garage
    Yes .. that is the most common side effect from the CLAP (Christmas Light Addiction Problem) ..

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    Denny,
    We actually moved to a larger home, but most of the living space all on one level. Our house in Kernersville was big enough to raise 2 kids, but didn't have the flow or layout we wanted for the next 10-15 years.

We now have a larger kitchen with plenty of workspace that ties to a long great room for entertaining and relaxing. Bedrooms (still 3) are down the end of the hall away from the kitchen, but with a much bigger master bath and closet. One of the bedrooms is now Nancy's creative studio, and I have most of a 1000 sq ft basement for a mancave (w/home office) and a workshop. The mancave is still just sheetrock that needs to be mudded and finished, but it's a start.

Oh, and the fact that it's closer to one grandchild in Concord and not too far from the second one coming to Raleigh in March isn't bad either.

I'm sure you and Helen will find a great place to call home.
    Thanks Mark .. We are also considering moving closer to one of our grand-children also. The other two live considerably farther away.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole