• Light-O-Rama Acquires SuperStar Sequence Editor

In our ongoing effort to provide the best; Light-O-Rama is pleased to announce the acquisition of the SuperStar Sequence Editor software. The innovative, SuperStar Sequence Editor is the premier tool for development of sophisticated shows using Light-O-Ramaís Cosmic Color Ribbon. The SuperStar software is being integrated as a new wizard in the Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor.

In addition, Light-O-Rama has partnered with the talented author of the SuperStar Sequence Editor, Brian Bruderer. Brian will continue to support and enhance SuperStar as part of the Light-O-Rama Software Suite. Although I am thrilled to have the SuperStar software I am even more excited by Brianís continued involvement with the product. Brian has some great and exciting plans to extend SuperStar functionality to make sequencing easier for all users, not only those using Cosmic Color Devices.

To protect the investment made by existing SuperStar customers, their continued support was written into the Software Purchase Agreement. Brian insisted and I agreed whole heartedly that existing SuperStar customers will not lose any functionality nor incur any additional cost because of this agreement.

Of course only time will tell, but I believe that incorporation of SuperStar, a new visualizer, new communications options, optimizations for larger sequences, sequence shortcuts that help with large and small displays and a number of other items is making this yearís release of S3 an exciting one.

Additional information will be shared once it is available.

Thank You,
    Dan Baldwin
    President/CEO Light O Rama, Inc.

Posted here on the LOR forum.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Light-O-Rama Acquires SuperStar Sequence Editor started by wbottomley View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      wbottomley -
      I bet you that it will appear in the next release.
      kidcole -
      I agree. As you speculated, this will be the basis of S3. I would also bet the S3 will cost additional upgrade fees over S1 or S2 .. S2 will still have a good market for those who don't want to go into the RGB world .. I could see both being sold with S2 costing much less ..
      wbottomley -
      I couldn't agree more Denny.
      SWood -
      I can't stand it. I'll be upgrading LOL
      John -
      Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
      I agree. As you speculated, this will be the basis of S3. I would also bet the S3 will cost additional upgrade fees over S1 or S2 .. S2 will still have a good market for those who don't want to go into the RGB world .. I could see both being sold with S2 costing much less ..
      According to LOR's published policy, anyone that purchased S2 within the last 12 months, should get S3 for FREE.

A few months ago Dan "speculated" that existing S2 users would be able to upgrade to the next major software release for approx $20 (exact final amount to be determined - but should be nominal)

When S2 was released, LOR no longer sold S1, nor issued updates for it. I would expect S2 would also become obsolete and discontinued upon the release of S3 and software support for S2 would also cease.

I look forward to the release of S3, same as when S2 became available and I was able to replace S1
      John -
      Hey William,

When do you think they'll release the S3 Beta software for us to start testing?

(Hope they don't skip that step, or dump all of us existing S2 Beta Testers)
      wbottomley -
      I agree John. That has me wondering too.
      mpurser -
      geee john if thay do as ya say skip that step we ll be on the same page LOL
      kidcole -
      Have there been any more updates to this story ? Any idea if we will see an offering from this new branch this year ?
      John -
      Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
      Have there been any more updates to this story ? Any idea if we will see an offering from this new branch this year ?
      Dan has indicated the new software would be released mid-year.
  • Recent Forum Activity

mpurser

whats everyone doing?

Thread Starter: mpurser

whats everyone doing?

Last Post By: ichristmasday Yesterday, 11:37 PM Go to last post
    Al in Raleigh

AC input solid state relay (SSR)

Thread Starter: Al in Raleigh

Some people that I have spoken to want to switch motors and large current loads using LOR or other controllers. That is difficult to do. Here is a...

Last Post By: mpurser 10-19-2017, 10:20 AM Go to last post
    kidcole

Catching Up .. Communications .. TASL Tour 2017

Thread Starter: kidcole

With so many site choices, and an outrageous number of xLights training videos, there's not as much reason to keep up around here anymore. In our...

Last Post By: mpurser 10-06-2017, 08:11 PM Go to last post
    kidcole

Power injection for larger pixel runs and large matrix

Thread Starter: kidcole

Roger Aubuchon has been showing off his giant roof matrix. Roger has his own company making high end displays and he made a matrix that is 31,104...

Last Post By: kidcole 09-24-2017, 01:02 PM Go to last post