Thread: "Hi I am Jack. You all know me on PC as DumbGuyWithStupidName."

Carl B Zachary

Default "Hi I am Jack. You all know me on PC as DumbGuyWithStupidName."

This a Post Robin On Synchronized Christmas Lights made nearly 2 years ago.

Let Me Tell You A Story!

I have been to two Christmas light meetings (refuse to use mini here). Now let me explain how it goes during the introduction.

"Hi I am Jack. You all know me on PC as DumbGuyWithStupidName."
    "I am from Anywhere, USA"

Now since "DGWSN" refused to just use his first name on PC, or put where he lives, I now have to remember his face, remember his PC name "DGWSN", remember his "REAL NAME" and where he really lives. Just the town and state.

So at this place I am suppose to be having fun and learning about Christmas lights I now have a dozen people with two names to remember and where they live so I can carry on a decent conversation with them.

Man I am so darn tired and confused that I have to have someone help me find my car. Then when I thank them I can not remember if it is "DGWSN" wife or if it is FatGuyWithStupidName's wife.

Oh that is another thing during introduction. "Hi I am DGWSN and this is my wife Jill". What she does not rate a stupid name too? How would you feel as the wife when someone says, "Hi, oh you must be the wife of DGWSN?" To which she replies, ( THAT'S ME)!

Just use our first names please. I do not care what you look like. I do not care who or what your "partner" is, just use your first name.

We can change them if you have already registered as DGWSN. Thank you.

Robin (dumb guy with girl's name)

I have always wondered why folks on a Christmas sites were afraid to give there name and location,

I see a lot of folk on PC who's Location is not listed in there profile but thay have link to there website and on that website l\you will find there full address and direction on how to get there.

As for using your name, I don't care what your user name is but please use your name in your signature. It doesn't have to be your full name just your first name is fine.

Did you know you have an Avatar and a Profile Pic, Your Profile Pic is what people see when they veiw your profile and you Avatar is what folks see when you post on the forum, I like to put a name to a face and I sure other do too. So why not a least post a picture of yourself in your profile pic.

Enough rambling Have A Wonderful Day

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: "Hi I am Jack. You all know me on PC as DumbGuyWithStupidName."

It wasn't me! Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove it!

Ok, so I'm Jack. I do dumb things at time, and I'm fat. I think people do stupid things with my name at times.

But I'm not the Jack that Robin above, or Carl was referring to.

My avatar really does look a lot like me; it's a caricature done by a former coworker on a small whiteboard at work. I liked it well enough it's still there 8 years later.

And I agree with Carl; be yourself, and don't hide it!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

And then they come to events as a "mystery guest". Just messing with you. You know who you are.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Caudill View Post
    And then they come to events as a "mystery guest". Just messing with you. You know who you are.
    No Brad, Jack comes as Jack !

Al is the guy that wants to be the "Mystery Guest"
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Caudill View Post
    Et tu, Brute. But of course, I take my display in before the inspections department forces me to do so.