Thread: How many people viewed your display this season? last season? and how do you know???

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default How many people viewed your display this season? last season? and how do you know???

I've seen a few folks mention the number of visitors they had to their displays....

Im not trying to compete with others, but I would be interested to know this for myself...

So..... how the heck do you know? :-)

Are you guessing? counting? videotaping?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: How many people viewed your display this season? last season? and how do you know

do i get to count me, myself, I, keith? thats at least 4!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: How many people viewed your display this season? last season? and how do you know

i don t see how you can if your like me everybodys in cars in the dark i ask how many are in the car just so i give out enuff canes now if i use the cane method i got 66 canes to a box 12 boxes in a case i have gone tru 5 cases so far =3960 Denny check my math will ya
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I know I apologized to three cars worth of people last night because most of my display was out due to the rain tripping the GFCIs.

This year I've been seeing a car sit out front for 3-4 songs length 2 to 3 times an hour. Now if I could just get it to be other cars.......
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

There are a variety of ways too measure.

Walk in displays - these usually have a guest book that they ask people to sign. Or count by cups of hot cocoa that they hand out.

Drive up displays - more random. Like mpurser, he hands out candy canes. Others occasionally count cars. Others guess based on traffic volume. I've heard of people in other places setting those counters up in the street that detect vehicles going by.

So it just depends on how competitive and accurate you want to be with your counts...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks for the feedback.... I posted the same question on LOR forum and got a few snarky PMs....

along the lines of "You shouldn't CARE how many people come, or you're doing it for the wrong reasons"

That wasnt my point at all.... I was simply curious as to HOW folks who DID post the numbers- got them. Anyone who's seen my display knows Im not going to be competing for most massive light show :-) Im just really curious about the stuff!

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.... I posted the same question on LOR forum and got a few snarky PMs....
    This surprises who on this forum?
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hahahaha .. we have discussed the lengthy list of "snarky" people on the LOR forum before. There are also some really helpful postings there. But they do seem to have their fair share of bottom feeders too ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Our display is a walk through display and we have a guest book that we ask for the family name, City & State and how many are in their party. We also give out free cups of hot chocolate. Last year we had over 20,000 sign our guest book and gave our about 28,000 cups of free hot chocolate. This year since Thanksgiving we have had 14,135 sign our guest book and about 15,000 Free cups of hot chocolate.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

You really set the bar high Larry !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post

along the lines of "You shouldn't CARE how many people come, or you're doing it for the wrong reasons"

That wasnt my point at all.... I was simply curious as to HOW folks who DID post the numbers- got them. Anyone who's seen my display knows Im not going to be competing for most massive light show :-) Im just really curious about the stuff!
    i'm right there with you on not competing for most massive light show. Though do enjoy walking past one of my windows and see a car parked out there enjoying the lights just like i do!
    Valid question and can see why you would ask.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i love interacting with the people that view my show i get ideas and comments good and bad and can act on them in coming shows
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well if i have to hazard a guess it would be arround 4500 with 4 days left in my season the last 4 nights we have been overwhelmed but loving it

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have no idea how many people have seen our new display this year.... I do know that when i look out the window there's usually 1-3 cars watching.

However, some are repeat viewers, one Mom shared with me her daughters make her stop daily to see the show.... to the point that they've memorized the voiceovers :-)

Frankly, it doesn't matter to us- Im happy to do it for the ONE comment like this one,
    "Your house is a Christmas treasure for the whole neighborhood" - 70-ish yr old window from down the street (the last person Id have expected the comment from)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Merry Christmas Paul