Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default My Trip to see Member's Sisplays in Eastern NC

Last Friday I packed up the family (Helen and Bobby) and we headed to Eastern NC.

We left around 3pm and arrived just after dark in Wilmington at Ross' house. Ross is @Slacker on this site. His house was gorgeous and perfectly laid out, with darned near every wire lined up nicely. His neighborhood felt very comfortable and somewhat old fashioned, although it's all very new houses .. built with a small neighborhood feel. Ross' show was really nice and we had a good time talking about things. Ross took a lot of effort to duplcate almost all the lights on his house, bushes, railings .. everywhere .. with Red, Green and Blue light strings. He had great color changing effects doing it the old fashioned way. Very impressive. Next door he has a neighbor who makes all his own stuff .. he had lazers going in his courtyard, an amazing looking fiber-optic castle, homemade RGB spots and nice lighting layout.

Next house was Dave .. @davecw on this site. His house sits on the corner and he had a lot going on. Spiral mega-tree, dripping ice, another big tree, RGB spots. Even RGB bulbs lining his house. I have to note at this point that I was pretty sick when I left Cary and I was starting to really feel it by this time .. so my memory is not as precise as I would usually be. Dave also did a super job of laying out all his lights and we had a lot of fun watching it .. and chatting as always.

Last stop was Kevin @JediKnight2 on this site. Kevin has a lot of pixel technologies outlining his two story house and amazing looking pixels wound all around his front porch posts. And he took the time to put the green garland behind all the light strings on his spirals which really created a gorgeous look. Unfortunately Kevin was not there so I said hi by phone .. then we headed north to Vanceboro.

We drove a couple hours and stopped in New Bern on the way to pick up my mother-in-law and father-in-law. Then another 30 minutes up to Vanceboro to see Mike, @mpurser. Mike has a lot of things he's made over the years and no doubt many of you have seen some of his training videos. He also shares different things at the TASL meetings. It was nice seeing everything together. Mike lives on a rural farm road so it's easy for cars to slow down to check out his show while driving by. It was cool seeing Mike's RGB Matrix in action. And I got a quick view of his giant platform that he stores in the back. Amazing to have such a monster for mounting all his lights. Mike had an interesting experiment going with an RGB spot light shining on top of an all white Christmas Tree. We discussed putting the RGB spot in a tube of some sort to limit the light to only the tree. He's talking about doing a row of them with multiple spots hanging above the trees. That would give a lot of neat effects. My inlaws also also enjoyed Mike's show. They were listening to it in the car. Mike uses FM broadcast but with no audio in the yard <since everyone is driveby>.

We stayed in New Bern Friday night and I had planned to drive to Western NC to see William's show .. also Larry and Rachel's monster show. Maybe even a swing down to China Grove to Carl's etc .. But by the time we got back to Cary around noon Saturday I was so sick I could hardly stand up. So I had to scrap the Western NC plans. Judy Pancoast sang at William's Saturday night, so I am bummed I could not make it. I still want to get to Western NC this week if I can break away ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: My Trip to see Member's Sisplays in Eastern NC

THANKS for swinging by! Hope you enjoyed the show! Also, sorry for not being there, would have been nice to be able to speak to ya.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight2 View Post
    THANKS for swinging by! Hope you enjoyed the show! Also, sorry for not being there, would have been nice to be able to speak to ya.
    Yes, I enjoyed it .. All three of you have employed a lot of great ideas into your displays ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It was great to meet you and your family in person. Your posts really helped last year when I was a clueless rookie. I don't think I would have pulled off the show without this forum. Thanks to you and everyone who willing shares on this site.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

yes denny im glad you were able to make it to my side of town (LOL) i don t have all the bells and whistles yet but im working on it
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com