Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Tomorrow starts it for me

Well, tomorrow is day one of the holiday light show season for me. I am doing my first Halloween light show. All of that and I'm planning to double my pixels from 700 to 1400 for Christmas and add a spiral tree...I actually was trying to talk the wife into the idea of me putting the spiral up prior to Halloween...."IT will look STUPID" she said...LOL. So my Halloween show will run from tomorrow night until 10/31. Then on 11/1 I will take down Halloween and start Christmas! PLUS I have a commercial gig to set up!!!!

WISH ME LUCK!
    Likes SWood liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Tomorrow starts it for me

Go Kevin ! Actually we did the same thing last year. I had my megatree up and all the C9s around the house roof, windows and garages. Also had all the minis on porch railing, bushes, etc. We just put some sheets over some of them and then just put out the Halloween decorations. We still don't have any sequenced stuff the Halloween, but maybe next year !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Show went off without a hitch! Awesome night. I figure I will start putting up the pixels before Halloween...that will get the most difficult part done for Christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Man, I can not imagine trying to do back to back displays, congrats on the successful start of the seasons. I also started this weekend, setting up Christmas! Our new place is vertically challenged, very few mature trees. Lucky for us, the neighbors on either sides are lending us their Bradford pear trees and pines lining both property lines, so we will be able to get a few high lights. The 20' mega-tree is definitely going to shine! Already got the walking trail laid out on the back acre, going to be sweet this year!
    Ross Shotts (100,000+ light total)
    www.lights4paws.com

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Kevin -

I wouldn't wish you luck, I'd wish you success. I still do, even if you've already had some.

Try back-to-back-to-back displays. Charity likes a "Fall Festival" display - something small, but it has lights emulating the leaf color changes around the bales of hay and scarecrows (not Halloween themed).....plus Halloween......then coming up to Christmas while still doing the Fall thing that becomes a Thanksgiving theme.

I've already done some tree/bushes with all the seasons lights; just will unplug the orange Halloween lights and plug in the Christmas lights into the controller already there.

I am thinking about putting up the megatree framework this weekend. I can hang a plastic "wireframe" jack-o-latnern I have from the shuttle, and put the Christmas lights on it the weekend after Halloween.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We started setting up the end of August and are about half done.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas