Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default ABC Lights Camera Christmas

Was anyone here contacted by ABC about a show there planning for next year? I was contacted twice by them but didn't follow through. Here is the email I recieved.

Hi Shannon,

We are actually getting ready to wrap up our show on Friday. If you can get this information into us by tomorrow end of the day, then that would be IDEAL. I know it's super short notice but we are on a tight deadline with our producers and I'd REALLY love to consider you for the show. Please look over information and let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to working with you both through the casting process. Below is all the information you need to know about submitting a video audition and attached you will find documents you need to sign, fill and return to us. Remember, the turn around is ASAP. Call or email if you have any questions.

Lights, Camera, Christmas!

**HOW TO MAKE A GREAT HOMETAPE**

CONGRATULATIONS! We are excited to consider you for ABC’s “Lights, Camera, Christmas!” In order for our Producers to consider you, you will need to create a fun 5-10 minute video introducing us to yourself, your family and showing us your over-the-top Christmas decorations! Once finished, upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo and email us the link. In addition, please send us links to any videos you have of your decorated home from previous years.

This is your time to show us your CHRISTMAS CHEER! So be ENERGETIC, have LOTS OF PERSONALITY & GET CREATIVE! This is not the time to be humble; this is the time to brag about your Christmas lights display and what makes YOU stand out. There is no right or wrong thing to say in your video, but please make sure to include the following:
    · Start out your video with you and your family introducing yourselves in front of your house. Say something like, “We are the Jones family from Chicago, Illinois and we LOVE Christmas!”
    · Your family is welcome to move inside, maybe by your Christmas tree or fireplace.
    - IF YOU HAD THE MONEY TO DECORATE SOMEPLACE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AS A CHARITABLE GIFT – WHERE WOULD YOU DECORATE AND WHY?
    · Everyone that lives in your home should introduce themselves with their name, age, occupation and their role in the family. For example, dad would say, “I’m the dad, John! I’m 42 years old and I’m an accountant. This is my daughter, Jane.” Jane would continue, “I’m Jane and I’m 11 years old.” Everyone that lives in your house should be included on your tape.
    · Have each of your family members tell us what they think about your light show. Who in your family thinks you take it too far? For example, Jane says, “I’m Jane, the daughter! I like the inflatable carousel the best!” Grandma says, “I’m the grandma, Flo. I think the music is way too loud!”
    · Show us around your lights display, including any inflatable or animated features.
    · Make sure to include a steady, stationary shot of your house at night with the lights on. Sometimes this works best if you shoot from across the street, so we can see all your lights!
    · Tell us about your favorite light or feature!
    · How long have you been decorating?
    · How has your display changed over the years?
    · How many lights do you use?
    · How long does it take you to put everything up?
    · Why do you do it?
    · How much have you spent on lights?
    · What is your electric bill like?
    · What do your neighbors think?
    · What makes your house different and unique?
    · Tell us anything else that may set you apart from another home or family.

Above all, we want to see your personality and excitement about the holiday and your lights display!

Email the link to your video, any additional videos along with your completed applications to ChristmasShowCasting@gmail.com. You should fill out the main application form, your spouse and any other adults living in the home should fill out the adult form, and if you happen to have any minors in your home, they should fill out the minor form. Please be sure to write your name and location in the subject of the email (for example, “Hometape Submission-Jones Family-Chicago, IL”)

GOOD LUCK and please let us know if you have ANY questions…we’re here to help!

James - Casting Department
    Casting Associate
    818-308-5283
    Lights, Camera, Christmas!
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: ABC Lights Camera Christmas

Got another email from these people today.

http://www.christmaslightfinder.com/...tmas_Flyer.pdf
    Shannon Wood

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    Got another email from these people today.

http://www.christmaslightfinder.com/...tmas_Flyer.pdf
    I got the email too. It sounds like they didn't get enough interest last year and/or they realized that they started much too late! I'm pretty sure that most serious decorators couldn't be bothered, and after reading the terms and conditions, you would have to be crazy to do it!
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah that's what I thought too.
    Shannon Wood

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i saw a post about this some where and the thing i got out of that was watch the fine print this casting company is NOT ABC but just that a casting company doing something for abc
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I got that one also. I am glad I'm not the only one who thought the Ts & Cs were overkill .. And since I'm taking this year off .. it wouldn't work for me anyhow ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We were contacted by ABC this past December and filled out a bunch of forms and releases. We had to submit a bunch of videos and pictures of the display and then make an interview video. Have not heard anything back since. Here is a copy of the last email we received from them.From: Christmas Casting
    Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:28 PM
    To: lights@pilotmountainchristmas.com
    Subject: Re: Pilot Mountain North Carolina

Wow...Your lights are beautiful! I look forward to seeing your hometape!

Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas