Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Time for a progress report!

What have you got done lately? I'm nearly finished, had to overnight some vampire plugs and add them to about 100 cords and i'll be set for a test run tonight! Today will mark the 6th day of non-stop work for me and i'm tired! Give us an update on how your display is coming.
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Time for a progress report!

I have 8 store bought candy canes in the ground, and 1 strand of lights wrapped around my porch post. Lol. Still have 10 crepe myrtles to wrap, finish side porch, start front porch, house, and a few wire frames. I'm just doing a static display this year. But friends and neighbors want it done and turned on thanksgiving night.
    Dave Hileman
    Likes SWood liked this post

Carl B Zachary

Blowmold Candy Cane Line the Driveway, Blowmold Soldiers Line the front of the yard. Nativity Nedd just 1 more Blowmold Angle and Straw put in the manger. Ice pond needs to be covered in Plastic. Blowmold Gingerbread scene, Blowmold Santa, Mrs Clause scene set up, Trees and Present scene set up, Still need to finish the Snowmen Scene, Santa Village Scene and Put lights on the house. Then hook everything up.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

My roofline is taking forever! The megatree pulley-top jammed (first time using it) and now I have to take it back down to figure out why the lights jammed only 15 feet up. Not looking forward to that; fortunately, only a few lights on it right now, was doing a test run before putting up the bottom ring in case I have to re-size that.

I need to do a final check on the controllers; had to fix a channel on one of the Renards, and I think another has a bad channel as well. LOR fixed my CTB16PC that failed last year.

Can we delay the Big Event for another month or two?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Almost all lights up, only 3000 left (2500 for megatree). The megatree pole is up with the star on top and the controllers on the pole. I just need to cut the SPT2 and hang the lights. A few more incidentals, and it should be done. I still need to iron out a few sequences, so I'm planning next week for all that (channel shifting, not hard, just time consuming).

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I've got to run some led's through my new candy canes, put up some roof mounts to hold some mini trees, and find my LED rope lights locally and I'll be done. Then to test the new controller.

I've already got my roof lights up, both mega trees, and all my window lights.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Megatree, icicles and all C9s up around the house. Plus the Shooting Stars. FInished my new 48 ChannelDMX controller box. Has two Renard SS24 controllers in it. One E681 done and tested by still have to learn how to update the firmware and may need help with networking (defining Ethernet crap is not my expertise). Still need to finish my CoroFlakes, second E681 needs mounting and two outdoor boxes with 8 China 3-chan controllers need to be built. Big push this week to finish hardware. The yard setup and wiring will happen Fri and Sat after Thanksgiving (Fingers crossed on the weather). I am off work from Thanksgiving through Dec 1st when the light come on, so plenty of time still remaining for me. Not trying to get the TIR FLoods mounted until everything is running. Could be sometime in December for some of them. I may not have the full pile installed until 2014 .. I'm definately taking off 2013 and wil likely spend time helping others around the area that year.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sucess! Had my first test run tonight and it went great! I'm very pleased, just need to finish up some static stuff now.
    Shannon Wood

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Some of the stuff is up on the house, some needs to be tweaked, and only 1 tree in the front has been partially fitted with my twinkling C7's. Son is coming on Friday to help with some of the stuff that takes more than one person.

GECE's are up around the front door and bay window and working. Pixel line never came down from last year, E681 is back under the eaves and driving both the pixel line and the GECE's.

12 ft arch fans are built, but waiting to be installed. E681s are ready to drive those.

8 ft 9 pole "wall" is built and waiting to be installed. E681 to drive it is ready and tested.

Daughter and new husband are coming day before Thanksgiving and will help with other stuff - leaping arches and inflatables mostly.

Oh, and I get to have another cardioversion next Tuesday in the middle of all this!

Isn't life fun this time of year!
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    Some of the stuff is up on the house, some needs to be tweaked, and only 1 tree in the front has been partially fitted with my twinkling C7's. Son is coming on Friday to help with some of the stuff that takes more than one person.

GECE's are up around the front door and bay window and working. Pixel line never came down from last year, E681 is back under the eaves and driving both the pixel line and the GECE's.

12 ft arch fans are built, but waiting to be installed. E681s are ready to drive those.

8 ft 9 pole "wall" is built and waiting to be installed. E681 to drive it is ready and tested.

Daughter and new husband are coming day before Thanksgiving and will help with other stuff - leaping arches and inflatables mostly.

Oh, and I get to have another cardioversion next Tuesday in the middle of all this!

Isn't life fun this time of year!
    At first i was disappointed with the GECE's brightness, but it wasn't quite dark good. After it finally got dark I was pretty pleased with them. I will be watching them closely as I plan to have more in the display for next year. I made four arches and added them to my display for this year mainly for test purposes. I will put up some video of it later on.
    Shannon Wood

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Finishing building Pixel Sparleballs, 8 more mini trees to finish and 1 board to build.....gonna be a busy weekend. I don't really start hanging anything until Friday after Thanksgiving so it is primarily staging up in the garage.

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well been resting my ----[- work starts in Ernest tomorrow vacation sarted about 30 mins ago

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

ok 3000 rgw leds on roof line 1200 icicle leds on roof line the only high work left is roof star and happy sign

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    ok 3000 rgw leds on roof line 1200 icicle leds on roof line the only high work left is roof star and happy sign
    When do you start your show ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

first saturday after turkey day