Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Time for a progress report!

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    first saturday after turkey day
    You better get busy, it took me 7 days daylight to dark to get mine done. And I was steadily working.
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Big progress on my RGB Pixel Tree this weekend. The tree came out very strong and durable. And the pixels will be covered with white wire-loom. I have not seen what it will look like yet. The controller is done but I have along way to go before the E681 firmware is up to date and the LOR software will recognize it. The ornaments on the bottom are also RGB. Each ornament has 5 rectangle modules driven by a 3 Channel DMX controller. The 8 China controllers will be mounted in a CG2000 box with the 12V power supply inside. Both controller boxes will be mounted inside the tree, so thw whole thing will be a standalone unit, driven by Ethernet ..

I tried to post the pictures in order from beginning to end, but they get mixed up after the upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imag0211.jpg   -imag0210.jpg   -imag0206.jpg   -imag0203.jpg   -imag0200.jpg  

-imag0198.jpg   -imag0197.jpg   -imag0189.jpg   -imag0188.jpg   -imag0187.jpg  

Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well Shannon you may be correct the weather today was not in my favor but you know how i am better late than never rain showers and lots of wind icicles lights are blown to the top of the house so i spent all afternoon in the shop finishing up props and my comment box i got 4 days left i feel in in good shape at least this year i will not have 2 controllers with the same address also note to self buy new tin snips dull ones make a mess.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com
    Likes SWood liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Big progress on my RGB Pixel Tree this weekend. The tree came out very strong and durable. And the pixels will be covered with white wire-loom. I have not seen what it will look like yet. The controller is done but I have along way to go before the E681 firmware is up to date and the LOR software will recognize it. The ornaments on the bottom are also RGB. Each ornament has 5 rectangle modules driven by a 3 Channel DMX controller. The 8 China controllers will be mounted in a CG2000 box with the 12V power supply inside. Both controller boxes will be mounted inside the tree, so thw whole thing will be a standalone unit, driven by Ethernet ..

I tried to post the pictures in order from beginning to end, but they get mixed up after the upload.
    Very nice Denny! I need some video of that wire loom when you get her going. What size did you end up getting?
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Nice, Denny. That pixel tree looks like it's built like a tank!

I'll have to take some pictures of my "poles". These are 8 ft tall, each have a strip of 72 pixels inside some PEX piping. There are 9 of them mounted about 6-8 inches apart and are vertical. Not a matrix, nor a video wall, but something in between to throw some patterns and color washes.

Since Duke Energy is having a contractor trim trees in the neighborhood, I can't mount these or several other things in the yard till they get done. Just about everything is up on the house, just the yard needs to be done...
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    Very nice Denny! I need some video of that wire loom when you get her going. What size did you end up getting?
    I shared a roll of 1 1/2" wireloom with Sam Johnson. But the way I am mounting them (with the split being held about 3/4" apart) the tubes are about 2 1/4" wide on the outside. I anticipate that they will look like fat glow-sticks. But also hoping that the white color of the plastic will dull down the shrpness of the 5050 LEDs.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Show was operational last weekend.
    Opening night last night. Show ran great.
    Relaxed a bit.
    Went over to Chris Robel's house and helped him wire up a bunch of controllers.

By the way... I had to get the show done early, so I could enjoy some football. I am going to Columbus Saturday for the big game against Michigan. GO [undefeated] BUCKEYES!
    Christmas 2014 No show this year
    Facebook - Cadman Christmas

Western NC Light-O-Holics Donnie Kings Mtn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Will open Friday night after we eat yard bird on Thursday. It feels early but I say the same thing every year... LOL - Oh Happy Days...
    Western NC Light-O-Holic

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ahead of schedule this year, usually scrambling to finish by Friday. Full power test tonight went well, all controllers/channels working. up to 13 controllers, but only uisng 203 channels. Newspaper reporter came by tonight to do story; I also had representatives from the three animal rescue groups using our display as a month long fundraiser here for him to interview.
    Static display has really grown this year, I counted over 270 figures/pieces. new sequence elements are four more arches, and four singing christmas trees (HolidayCoro).
    Not opening on Friday this year, waiting until Saturday; we want to experience Pilot Mountain Friday evening. Ya'll have fun and don't melt the breaker box.

PS, going to Gatlinburg in July..... Me thinks another mega tree kit will be coming home.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by DanHouston View Post
    Finishing building Pixel Sparleballs, 8 more mini trees to finish and 1 board to build.....gonna be a busy weekend. I don't really start hanging anything until Friday after Thanksgiving so it is primarily staging up in the garage.
    Trees Built (I'm excited to see how they work out and ultimately store and setup next year)
    Pixel Sparkleballs built (I'm very excited about what I can do with these!)
    Board should start tonight and finish tomorrow

Setup starts Friday, testing to follow, and planned go live 12/1! Woohoo!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I was doing fine until I spent all day yesterday at the DMV, and now I'm in bed with a cold.

Western NC Light-O-Holics Donnie Kings Mtn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by koi_plumber View Post
    Ahead of schedule this year, usually scrambling to finish by Friday. Full power test tonight went well, all controllers/channels working. up to 13 controllers, but only uisng 203 channels. Newspaper reporter came by tonight to do story; I also had representatives from the three animal rescue groups using our display as a month long fundraiser here for him to interview.
    Static display has really grown this year, I counted over 270 figures/pieces. new sequence elements are four more arches, and four singing christmas trees (HolidayCoro).
    Not opening on Friday this year, waiting until Saturday; we want to experience Pilot Mountain Friday evening. Ya'll have fun and don't melt the breaker box.

PS, going to Gatlinburg in July..... Me thinks another mega tree kit will be coming home.
    Hitting Pilot Mtn sounds great! Going to Gatlinburg in July sound like fun to. Might have to see about taking some time off. Now back to putting a few finishing touches to a couple of sequences. Woohooo....
    Western NC Light-O-Holic

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I have 8 store bought candy canes in the ground, and 1 strand of lights wrapped around my porch post. Lol. Still have 10 crepe myrtles to wrap, finish side porch, start front porch, house, and a few wire frames. I'm just doing a static display this year. But friends and neighbors want it done and turned on thanksgiving night.
    Nothing has changed. Still have all this to do by tomorrow night. Plus blow leaves and trim the bushes now. Thank you dear!!
    Dave Hileman

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am feeling better today, so I went out and worked on the very last items. I ran out of SPT wire so it's all I'm going to do! While the lights were on this evening in just static mode, I had more cars stop by than I did all last year. I think I may be in lots of trouble this year as far as traffic is concerned.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Wow, first time I've posted in a while. Life has been BUSY! I'm way behind. Most of the major stufff is up. Mostly need to run extension cords and Cat5 and put lights up on the mega tree. I had my first Christmas display casualty last Sunday night. I was playing with the dogs in the yard and one of them went running past me looking back at me and ran into the base of my mega tree. I have pvc posts around the base secured with rebar driven into the ground. She ran right into the end of the rebar and gashed her side open just in front of her right hind leg. We spent 3 hours at the emergency vet on Glenwood getting her sown up! Thank goodness she didn't impale herself. Just sliced her skin. It could have been much worse. Now I'm covering up the end of all of the rebar with tennis balls painted black. I can't imagine if one of the neighbors kids fell onto one of them. I had never considered this a possibility. Anyway, I'm planning on spending the day tomorrow finishing up and turning the lights on either tomorrow night or Saturday night. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on Christmas Carolina!
    TomD