Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Good Bye William and Thanks!

I for one want to take a moment to step back and say thank you to William for this wonderful site. I know he turned the site over to Robb to free his schedule some and after going up to his place and seeing everything I understand why he needs more time. But now that he has completly steped away from CC for whatever reason I would like to say one final thank you! Without you and your visions this site would have never happened, there would have never been a Carolina Convention, most of us would not know each other, and there would have been alot of lost information that would have never been shared. That being said William good luck and hold your head high because you were a great pioneer for the Carolina's and I for one will not take that for granted. You are a very smart person for of knowledge and am glad that you have offered to share that with the ones who will listen. You have even offered to share information with others when that information is not public yet which helps keep us in the front of others. So William if you see this I want to say one final public thank from a person that you helped lure deeper into this hobby!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Good Bye William and Thanks!

I hate to see him leave. He always had great input into this hobby. I am not sure why everyone seems to want to leave. Not just William but in other forums the "big guns" just up and leave never to be heard from again. I guess their display just keeps them from having time to share ideas.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks to William for his dedication and time spent on sites like this. Before there was Christmas Carolina, there was (and still may be) SCL Synchronized Christmas Lights, and probably something before that that had William's input and time.

I know William is still fairly active on the LOR forum, and I know that with all the different sites, it's hard to keep up with things...

Again, thanks to "Weatherchaser Willie" for all his hard work. And I know I need to get up to his place this season to see the lights!
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I've only been a member here since Dec. 2010 and although I don't know William personally I can tell what a great person he is and what a huge impact he has on this "hobby". He has helped me tremendously the past few months and has never once turned down a question of mine. Glad to know that he's helping out over at LOR he seems like the right person with the know how. So here's my thanks William!
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

What can I say after reading these posts.... except.... I agree with every word... "DITTO!" from me...

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

William -

Thanks for what you've done here, we'll miss you. It was because of you we were able to get Judy Pancoast to the convention this year. That was just a small part of what you've done for us.

Thanks again!