Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Post Christmas Blues

Have you ever stopped and looked out the window after the light show is down and gone and miss it.

I just slowed down enough and lloked out the window to only find it dark and rainy outside. What a depressing site from the past month of flashing and twinkling lights. Its just amazing how dark it looks outside without the lights. It dont seem to be this dark even after the lights cut off after each nightly show.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Post Christmas Blues

It hit me last year as well, overwhelming feeling that something is missing. I didnt run tonight because of the rain and even with the landscape lighting on it appears to be this meaningless deep dark void outside my window. I guess I'll break open that bottle of xanax the wife got me for Christmas. Still need to do my videos with the new video camera so there's one more night of blinkly flashy I can look forward to.
    And on the 8th day, God created Christmas lights.

240 Channels of DMX

Carl B Zachary

I here you. Every time I look out the front door I sigh a little.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rescue_653 View Post
    Have you ever stopped and looked out the window after the light show is down and gone and miss it.

I just slowed down enough and lloked out the window to only find it dark and rainy outside. What a depressing site from the past month of flashing and twinkling lights. Its just amazing how dark it looks outside without the lights. It dont seem to be this dark even after the lights cut off after each nightly show.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetv102 View Post
    It hit me last year as well, overwhelming feeling that something is missing. I didnt run tonight because of the rain and even with the landscape lighting on it appears to be this meaningless deep dark void outside my window. I guess I'll break open that bottle of xanax the wife got me for Christmas. Still need to do my videos with the new video camera so there's one more night of blinkly flashy I can look forward to.
    That's one of the reasons I usually run to mid-January, and the neighbors seem to appreciate it too, even the one across the street that complains about just about everything. Three years ago, with the "Mr. Christmas Lights and Sounds of Christmas" she complained about it running too late every night, and the volume being up too loud, then when I shut it down post-season, she complained it was too dark, and wanted me to put it back up.

I still have yet to video my display. I was going to do it last night, but got interested in a movie, then it just got too late and too close to the acorn drop. Tonight it's raining.

I did read a thread on another board about doing a "Groundhog Day Display" but I'm not that addicted; at least not yet.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I too feel depressed once the lights are off. I often run past the time most folks have already taken their stuff down. Was determined to tear down early this year, then the display computer crashed, and was sure I would. The neighbor is still running, darn surely I can find something to keep plugged in till after he turns his lights off. There is a thing called pride (last one to turn lights off) that must be protected.

bert-nc

"don't put those extension cords up yet!!"

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Bert that is so funny sounds to much like the Hallmark movie battle of the bulbs...........just one more thing