Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Huge Display FOR SALE !!

I would also love to have a choir set (as many as he has) .. There's just no way for me to get there.

I will help pay gas for anyone locally who goes down. If you can grab me a choir set and a Santa with a candycane in blowmolds.. I can meet you on Saturday night with cash .. Just let me know. Message me and I will send you my cell phone number for communication.

I appreciate the replies Don. I hope somebody here goes down.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Donnie give him a call he talks our language. His number is on the first post

Don

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I may go up early Saturday morning. You guys from the TASL group should contact me directly and make sure that I know what you want, how much you want to pay, and a phone number I can contact you.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I called Jake and stopped by this afternoon. Hopefully three pictures appear below. Two show all of the remaining blow molds. They have approx. 40 wire frames. Sounds like they won't be back today. I am planning on being back tomorrow am. I might have room for a few things. I don't know pricing yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -nov05_0004.jpg   -nov05_0001.jpg   -nov05_0002.jpg  

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just returned from Jake.s house and pick up a few more things.

Denny I have your Santa and candy cane !!

In wire frames he has a lot. Train set, angels, deers and more. He no longer have
    any stars. A lot of the blowmolds are gone but still has some good ones.

There is still some blowmold candy canes .

Don

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The Craigslist listing has been deleted. I have no idea where he lives and will not be going to Bunn. Sorry.
    Al
    Last edited by Al in Raleigh; 11-05-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Western NC Light-O-Holics Donnie Kings Mtn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hey Don, aproctor or Anyone Else,

Anyone going over Saturday morning that can pick up a few items for me? I could use a few wire frame train sets, angels, boxes and deer. I’m 3 hours away and cant make it on Saturday but can come over on Sunday. Can anyone help me out?
    Donnie
    Western NC Light-O-Holic

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Donnie, give him a call first thing in the morning and tell himm your situation and what you would like to get. I am sure he will save it for you. The phone # is on the first post.

Al address on the first post, take 39 off 64 toward Bunn as it intersects with 98 bare right onto 98 , he is about 1/4 mile on the right. Paved circle drive way.

Don

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks Don, I overlooked the address. I will be going up on Saturday.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny and I just got back from Bunn. Denny bought out almost all the blow molds, some that I sure he wants to let go to the group. There are a few wire frames remaining as well. He also has a nice assortment of Halloween Blow molds for any one interested.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Donnie, we went there tonight. Austin called me and said he was headed there with a big truck. SO my wife, son and I headed out to meet him. When I got there Austin had purchased a big pile of blowmolds and script signs. But there was a boatload left. So my wife and I were able to grab quite a lot. Jake is a wonderful gentleman and his brother has his display tied in with Don Williams' display. Everything was $5 per blowmold and $15 per wireframe (the C7 style with 1/4" wire). We liked everything but we had less than $500 with us. So had to choose what to take. We got 34 blowmolds and 20 wireframes. After Helen and I decide what we want to keep, we'll put the rest up to the group for what we paid. I think Mark was asking about a Santa so we'll hold one for ya .. Our blowmolds included a lot of repeats such as 7 teddy bears and 8 snowmen .. 4 of those big candycanes, 4 large Santas, etc. So I am trying to decide if I want to keep any groups of something to put individual channels on them for part of the sequencing (or not).

FIRST THING - I want to thank Austin for driving out with his company's monster truck .. He hauled at least 50 blowmolds and room for more..

So what we left behind - - the wireframe train is there. I believe it is at least 3 or 4 pieces. We loved the large wireframe camels but we left one. There were some large angels left, plus a large wireframe Christmas tree, some wireframe candles (we bought two) .. and some left. I believe Jake said he had more wireframes that we didn't see but we were running out of cash and had already borrowed $100 extra from Austin until we got home. We left behind a few more Santas and perhaps 4 snowmen without noses.

Somebody into Halloween blowmolds should get out there. He had at least 20 Halloween blowmolds, probably more. Mostly in pairs such as Ghosts, a bunch of tall witches, black cats including a cat on pumpkin and others we didn't bother to absorb. Jake also said he's got an Easter set of blowmolds put away. We didn't look at it.

He had at least 20 boxes of brand new incandescent icicles - 300 bulb 29 feet long. He was not sure about price and threw out $5 but buying the whole pile he might do better. There were other small items and lighted decorations but we didn't look over that much. As Don mentioned, he bought up most of the lights and drop cords.

Al, I tried to call ya as I was heading out, but could not get an answer. Don has the right idea about rewiring the wireframes to minis. Helen was talking about that while we were driving home ..
    Last edited by kidcole; 11-05-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Western NC Light-O-Holics Donnie Kings Mtn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

AH hahhhhhahahaha. I talked to Jack eailer this AM and said he’s all wiped out. He has 3-4 wire frames left. He said a man got there eailer this morning just about before he did, and he lives there… with a big truck and finished him off. He was so thankful of everyone who helped him get rid of his displays. He really is a nice man!

Anyway, this goes to show ya, when you hear about these Fire Sales, ya got to JUMP on it. Ha hahha Thanks guys for trying to help me out.

Donnie
    Western NC Light-O-Holic

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well guys the sell is over and I am glad I was able to help Jake by posting here. He is sad but he knows that all of the props are going to make another kid smile. We have talked a long time and he stll has enough to have a small display in his front yard. He kept his arches that goes over the drive which by the way are made out of steel and looks fantastic. He said something to me that put a smile on my face " You know Don now I can go and look at all of the displays " He comes to our display every year but he wants to go traveling around and look at all you guys displays I am going to try to stir him in all the directions for his enjoyment. Jake worked his display like I do. We are out front with our display meeting new people and watching the many smiles on all the kids. When you have a steady flow of traffic it is hard to get away.

I like to say thank you for supporting Jake and I am glad I was a part to make it happen for him. He is a super person to know and a complete gentleman.

Have a great lighting season
    Don Williams
    Lake Myra Christmas