Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Rep. Etheridge

I will give him that he made a no-excuses apology; that's not typical of most politicians. I'm not sure I would have been much better if someone stuck a camera in my face in a Michael Moore style ambush like that - I would have probably knocked it away as well. After that, though, he reacted very poorly.

It's obvious the video had been edited to show him in the worst possible light. The "student" refused to identify himself other than as a student doing a project; when Ethridge asked him "From?" after the answer of "we're just students" they never answered, at least not on the video, just changed to "we're just doing a project."

You can imagine what the project is.

I wouldn't have voted for him before, and definitely would not now, because of his support of bankrupting future generations, but I think he was ambushed. However, being a political figure will subject him to this.

Rumor has it (heard on the radio, but by a caller to a talk radio show, so no verification of this) that he was on his way out of a Nancy Pelosi fund raiser (another reason I wouldn't vote for him) and that he was a bit on the drunk side, which would explain his belligerent reaction to getting ambushed like that. Doesn't excuse it, just would explain it.

Coincidentally, we received a snail-mail campaign promotion for him yesterday, bragging about how all you have to do now when you get sick is try to get well; the medical bills will be covered because of his actions.