Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Group Buys on Mini Lights ?

Are there ever any deals or group buys on mini lights before the stores stock up on their Christmas supplies ?

I was surprised that there were not many after-Christmas deals on eBay this year. So I still need to find all the needed lights for my new effects. And finding 300 light icicles in quantities of blue and quantities of red (about a dozen each) has been also non-existent on eBay. I could not find them on any Christmas sites either. Slight correction - - I did find blue, but not red - - and I need them to be matched lengths (prefer 18 feet sets).

I was not looking for the lights at this time last year - - so this is a new cycle for me. Do the Christmas sites offer some early deals ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Group Buys on Mini Lights ?

I haven't heard of any like that, but I have a suggestion. Find the product you want, since you have a specific item in mind - in this case, 300 count icicle lights in solid colors. If you still have the box of ones you're happy with, try to locate the manufacturer directly. Find out if first, they'll sell directly to you, and secondly, how many units would it take to get a quantity discount. The worst they can tell you is 1.) no 2.) yes, must buy 300 units of each color (or something like that)
    I'm planning something similar - I had actually intended to do it this past season, but ran out of time. I have white/blue/multicolor/blue LEDspear icicle lights. I'd consider replacing the multicolor with another single color such as red, if the price is good.
    So I take it you're putting your disability time to good use?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Group Buys on Mini Lights ?

Ha ! Yes, Jack .. using my time wisely. Keep us all posted with your searches and I will do the same. And anyone else who can drum up some deals. I have 21 sets of blue LED icicles (70 lights) that I want to replace with the 300 light blue incandescent icicles. If I don't find a use for these LED icicles, I will offer them here for $5 per set. They are unopened. But I am not sure yet ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control