Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default CDI OFFICIAL PRE ORDER

Ok it's official - We are starting the pre order tomorrow. Here are the prices. Here are the rules:

This sale will run thru January.
    No minimum orders to board members (our commercial accounts have a minimum of $1,000).
    50% deposit with order.
    Balance (plus shipping) is due when merchandise is ready to ship.
    Merchandise will ship around April/May.
    Our 90 day warranty is waived on these goods - all products will be warrantied thru the season.
    There are no refunds on deposits - you may alter your order to accommodate your deposit if necessary.
    ***I really don't like playing E-mail 20 questions - please call 800-733-9617 with multiple questions***.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -pre-sale-pricing-boards-1-1-10.pdf  

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: CDI OFFICIAL PRE ORDER

Those prices look great Paul! Better then last year on the items I use.

This will be my 4th year ordering and using your products and I am a very pleased and happy customer. I tell everyone to ONLY use products from you.

I ordered a few other additional lights from that "other guy" this year after your presale was over, BIG $800 mistake. Still don't have what I ordered, got a bunch of junk shipped to me instead. I tell others about that experience also!

Putting my order together now!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

wbottomley

I posted on SCL...

What's the light difference between a C6 vs. M6?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I also answered on SCL, but for the non-SCL members here, I'll cross-post.

You will LOVE the Blue LEDs. Very intense, and the blue color doesn't fade away after a season or so.

The LED is the same. Only the outside of the plastic cover is larger (strawberry shaped) on the C6. Might project a tad more light, not sure.

The M6 are more the size of incadescent mini lights. Save a few cents and go with the M6 size, since the other lights will be mini's

I use the C6 on my megatree (just because the first year only had red and green) then added pure white C6 and this year the Blue C6.

Next year I'm swapping to use the Warm White C6 instead of the Pure White
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    ....I ordered a few other additional lights from that "other guy" this year after your presale was over, BIG $800 mistake. Still don't have what I ordered, got a bunch of junk shipped to me instead. I tell others about that experience also!

Putting my order together now!
    I'm sorry, but saying "other guy" doesn't cut it for me. Travis a.k.a. LED HOLIDAY LIGHTING is a THIEF!

I can understand being sick, but fullfill your part of the deal or get someone else to do it for you.

My order has not been completed either.

And here is just a an example of a light string I received. Please!!... enjoy!! :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -led-1.jpg   -led-2.jpg   -led-3.jpg   -led-4.jpg   -led-5.jpg  

wbottomley

I received my LED strobes in October from Paul. Upon checking them, I found one bad.

I sent him an email about the bad one and the very next Thursday, another one was on my doorstep.

Talk about customer service... he get's an AAAAAAA++++++++++!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Craig,

Sorry that "the other guy" reference didn't cut it for you.

I agree. I got JUNK from Travis.

Some strings had ZERO tags on them, not even a UL tag. Others had broken light housings, and only a few appeared to have been factory wrapped. I think he shipped me a bunch of stuff that were returns to him.

The whole purpose of a presale with a 50% deposit, is the vendor takes our money, places an order with his supplier for what we ordered, then ships to us charging the remaining 50% due plus shipping.

He sent me emails in September that he didn't have some of the lights I ordered. He "lost" them. Wanted to substitute different string color, then it was didn't have those either, wanted to sub different bulb counts, etc.

I finally got the "number" of strings I ordered, just not THE strings I ordered.

I had a problem with him the prior year with him billing my card, sending me an email that they were shipped, but NO tracking number. After 30 days, I emailed him that either I get a tracking number or I was going to file a dispute with the CC company. Got a tracking number and the lights.

Don't know why I was stupid enough to give him another chance this year.

On PC Travis's problems were blamed on H1N1, then it was because one of his commercial customers owed him money and wouldn't pay, etc.

I did like the larger selection of wire color and bulb counts that Travis offered, but he has gotten enough of my money!

Paul at CDI has always done what he has promised, and while the selection is a little smaller, at least you get what you ordered and paid for.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    I received my LED strobes in October from Paul. Upon checking them, I found one bad.

I sent him an email about the bad one and the very next Thursday, another one was on my doorstep.

Talk about customer service... he get's an AAAAAAA++++++++++!
    William,

I agree about Paul. Excellent service. You need to send him a big fat Stoggie cigar in appreciation.

At Plus2007 Paul would sit on one of the benches in front of the motel in the evenings with his Stoggies and a cooler full of "beverages". He was very willing to share. An outstanding man in my opinion. And no, I didn't take undue advantage of his generoristy, I was the Red Cup supplier for those that wanted something a little stronger.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I agree with you when it comes to Paul at CDI.

He made things right when it came to the lights of 2008. I would of loved to have placed another order this year but I was out of town for an entire month at the same time his lights were going on sale.

Although I missed the pre-order it was no big deal at the time because Travis had the lights I was looking for and CDI did not. This year I'll pay the extra and just stick with CDI.

After hearing from you and seeing a few others still having problems I would warn everybody of LED HOLIDAY LIGHTING.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This is over the heads of several people in our group. Paul could you please tell us what an attachon plug, c6, m6, C9 retrofit is? If you are going to advertise here please explain the jargon so the new members can learn. Also, why can't I dim a C9 LED and what is a C9 retrofit? What is Zipcord?

For everybody that doesn't understand the jargon this will be a good opportunity for you to speak up and let us explain this stuff to you. Don't be shy. I promise to only make fun of Carl, Mark, and Dave. Bring on the questions because this stuff is not explained anywhere in one place. Group buys are an excellent way to expand or upgrade your display with quality stuff at affordable prices.
    Al
    Last edited by Al in Raleigh; 12-20-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    This is over the heads of several people in our group. Paul could you please tell us what an attachon plug, c6, m6, C9 retrofit is? If you are going to advertise here please explain the jargon so the new members can learn. Also, why can't I dim a C9 LED and what is a C9 retrofit? What is Zipcord?

l
    Since Al is confused and while Paul has all this on his website with pictures, he doesn't hang out on the boards too much, I'll post some explanations and Paul can chime in later if he desires. Paul's website url is in his sig in the first post.

attachon plug = what some call vampire plugs and sockets for zipcord

Zipcord = SPT3 wire - same physical size as SPT1 with UV inhibator added to the insulation

C6 = Strawberry shaped full wave rectified LED light string 4" bulb spacing DIMMABLE

M6 = mini light size full wave rectified LED light string 4" bulb spacing DIMMABLE

C9 retro = C9 size screw in replacement with 5 LEDs DIMMABLE

C7 retro = C7 size screw in replacement with 3 LEDs DIMMABLE

why can't I dim a C9 LED ? Al, don't know why you can't dim a C9 LED, but the rest of us CAN, if we buy them from Paul. Paul's products dim very well!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I ordered from Paul in 2007 and again in 2009. Every string that I got either worked or was quickly replaced and that was only one blue M5 3 years ago.

I almost ordered some stuff later in the year from Travis, because I thot I might need it. Turned out I chose not to, and boy, after hearing about things, am I glad I didn't!

I still have a box of Paul's lights from last year's order that I didn't use, but since it looks like I need to restring several wire trees from minis that burnt out this season, I'll definitely be placing an order in 2010.

Most of the LED's on my megatree (only 12' tall) are Paul's C6 LEDs from 2007. Haven't had a problem or failure yet after 3 seasons.

Mark
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    I still have a box of Paul's lights from last year's order that I didn't use
    Mark
    Mark, you had better use them before they go stale!

Thank goodness they don't.

I didn't use 8 cases (96 strings) of C6 and M6 that I bought as part of my 2009 order from Paul.

Also last November (2008) Brad Finkle had an inventory reduction sale of the M6 50 counts. I bought 14 cases (168 strings) in 5 different colors of the Holiday Creations FWR LEDs (the same quality product Paul sells) in factory sealed cases of 12 for $49.50 per case DELIVERED! That worked out to being only $4.13 per string of 50, regardless of color. Those are what I'm using to restring all the wireframes I built over to LEDs. (No, Brad doesn't have them anymore or I would have bought even more)

And, even with my total LED inventory of 636 strings, I'm still putting together another order for 2010. I like having a good selection of lights on hand during the spring and summer build season.

Reliability ? You bet, I think I've maybe had two or three strings fail after all these years,(since 2007) and Paul has been very good about replacing them. Most of mine are 50 count strings - My friend Thyno down in Mobile, AL mostly buys 100 counts - and he has lost half of a few strings. Just so you know sometime things can fail.

The two things I like best about the LEDs, (that Paul sells)

1. durabale - plug them in and they work. No trouble shooting broken and burnt out bulbs in the display (or before even setting up the display)

2. power - no need to do power use calculations. I run my whole display from three (shared with other things in the house, freezer in garage, etc) 15 amp outlets..

It doesn't get any easier regarding light management then this. I prefer to spend my time building new display props.

To anyone that may be undecided about switching to LEDs because of the cost, consider phasing them in over time. Maybe using the vibrate blue one's first since the blue incadescents are so bad about fading out.

If you couldn't tell, I highly recommend Paul as an honest vendor with a top notch quality product!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    I posted on SCL...

What's the light difference between a C6 vs. M6?
    It's my understanding they use the same LED - just different lense covers.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post

For everybody that doesn't understand the jargon this will be a good opportunity for you to speak up and let us explain this stuff to you. Don't be shy. I promise to only make fun of Carl, Mark, and Dave. Bring on the questions because this stuff is not explained anywhere in one place. Group buys are an excellent way to expand or upgrade your display with quality stuff at affordable prices.
    Al
    Jeez! - you mean I have to earn my money OK, here goes:

Attachon plug - otherwise known as vampire plug. These are male and female plugs that usually go on the end of the zip cord (next jargon to be explained) to make extension cords. These plugs have two sharp prongs that pierce the wire when the "back door" is slid across the plug to lock the zip cord in place - hence making electrical contact. They have a notched side to make the wire fit at the end of the wire and for years people have notched out the other side so as to be able to put them in the middle of the line for further taps to plug into. This year we will have them with both sides notched out to help everyone out. BTW, ours fit SPT1 wire.

Zip Cord - Otherwise known as lamp cord. Ours is 18 gauge, SPT3 which is actually SPT1 wire, but we have a UV inhibitor mixed into it wich increases the amp load to 10 watts and slows down the aging process that sun and wind have on it - thus making it outdoor rated.

M6, C6 and 5MM - these are measures for "mini light strings of LED's". The M stands for Mini (like an incandescent mini light) and the 6 is Millimeters. The C stands for Cone (like a strawberry) and the 5MM is a concave (button like) looking dudad.

Retro fit lamps - are C-7 and C-9 lamps that fit into existing light strings with C-7 and C-9 bases. They screw into most any lightstrings just like their cousin the incandescent light bulb. In the past these were not dimable ( and would burn up when used with animated light boxes), they did not work with the animated light boxes we all love. This year, our manufacturer, working with Dan Baldwin at Lightorama, figured out how to overcome this and now we are switching over to only selling dimable retro fit lamps.