Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: 2017 Group Buy Information

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    For those of you that like the Mean Well power supplies there is a fairly new kid on the block. I don't know how good these prices are so someone comment. What I see on Amazon and other sites for a 350w like most of us use they are about $35 to $45.
    Holiday.Lighting has them in the pre-sale for $28 (+$3 if you want a 6' cord too).

The site is https://holiday.lighting/2017presale.

From their XLights Facebook posting - Here at Holiday Lighting it's time to get your Pre-sale on. If you are not familiar with us we are fairly new (1.5yr) and are your source for Mean Well power supplies.

The pre-sale has started and runs through 2/19/2017 with expected shipment before 3/19/2017.
    I can vouch for him. I ordered from him last year and will do it again this year. An order got messed up due to a computer glitch and he fixed it promptly. He is MrSpoofy on the forums and I think his name is Rob.
    This year I am getting some 75w power supplies for $14. They will fit in a cg500 with my Falcon receiver boards. I am also getting some 350w as well. I use those in the box with my main F16 boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Also Holiday Coro's pre-sale just kicked off. HolidayCoro.com - Innovative Solutions for Holiday Lighting and click on the Pre-Sale link. For those that saw my show this is where I bought my Brilliant Bulb 8" spacing C9 strawberry sized pixels.
    Also a 20 count of rectangle pixels that you all are using in your Really Big Lights is $15.49.
    I will probably buy my pixel icicles from them (if I don't go through Ray Wu). 100 count 5x20 icicles spanning about 6' is $35. I wasn't going to do all 5 pixel drops but meh maybe.

Get this they have a turn key 16 ribbon pixel mega tree for $600. I think I paid a little more than that to piece mine together and it's a 12 strand.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default 2017 Group Buy Information

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post

Get this they have a turn key 16 ribbon pixel mega tree for $600. I think I paid a little more than that to piece mine together and it's a 12 strand.
    If you want extra strips. Diyledexpress has the 30/m for $15.

If anyone is planning to order will you please let me know. I want a couple small things and the shipping is going to be almost more than my products. I will bring you cash.

Also later in the year they will have a new case available for sale. David at HolidayCoro has been designing this and it is almost completed. It looks pretty cool. I am curious how well it will work with other hardware that they don't sell. There is a video and you can find the info on doityourselfchristmas under vendor arena with the title of

Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Likes Tripplett liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    I'll most likely have an order for Holiday Light Express and Ray Wu this year. Might get one or two items from Holiday Coro, but not yet sure on that. Just starting preliminary design work for next year.
    Does anyone have some HLE C9 strands? Does the brightness compare to incandescent strands.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll most likely have an order for Holiday Light Express and Ray Wu this year. Might get one or two items from Holiday Coro, but not yet sure on that. Just starting preliminary design work for next year.
    We are working on the custom rectangle pixel cables for the RBLs and those will be ordered through Ray. It would help you and help us if we could combine your order with ours. Shipping gets better and better with volume. And this goes for anyone else. We probably need to know what you want soon so we can avoid getting way behind. At this time of year, the sooner you get your order in, the sooner you'll get them back. In a couple weeks the group buys will close and Ray may struggle to get materials for a while. We should try to be the end of the month if we can.

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    Does anyone have some HLE C9 strands? Does the brightness compare to incandescent strands.
    I am a huge C9 fan having run hundreds of them for quite a number of seasons. And I have observed a lot of C9 LED strings. None of them compare with incandescent C9 strings. Part of the problem is the China manufacturers have designed one LED string with a single LED in each bulb, and they use that same string for their C7 and C9 offerings. Other than the size of the bulb, you cannot tell a difference. I don't have any HLE tho. I would be surprised if they are much different.

I do really like the M6 mini LED strings from HLE. They are sealed full-wave rectified and have a nice warm white look. The M6 is the one that looks similar to incandescent minis, but the bulbs are slightly longer. I do have those in clear if anyone cares to see them.

The closest I came to the incan look was to use C9 LED replacement bulbs. And even those do not have the same sideways look as the incans. I had my C9 replacements mounted so they were mostly pointing towards the viewer, to get the best effect. One thing you might check on is how many LEDs are inside the C9 replacements. I heard a couple years ago that there may be some with 5 LEDs inside. Those might be brighter than what I bought 3 or 4 years ago.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The new HLE bulbs have 5 LEDs. I am asking because we use these year round on our patio as party lights. We have 100 incandescent C9 currently but the wires and sockets are very sun blasted so we want to replace the wires and bulbs. @Samj435 don't order without asking me please.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So I definitely will be putting an order in somewhere for icicles this year. I've never ordered from Ray Wu but if someone (Paul?) can help me figure out how I'd love to get a quote for 40' of icicles like Paul has and compare that to 40' of the ones from Holiday Coro. Then put that order in with whomever wants to share shipping...

Oh and one more thing... All my 3 wire pigtails/extensions are from Holiday Coro. I'd like to confirm that Wu's will work with them. Then I'd also need to make sure the wiring was the same (like 75% sure it is though). Else I'll just have to plan to get enough extensions from Wu to run those icicles on his cabling.

One - one more thing. DIYLEDExpress apparently is the place that has the FAST snowfall tubes I've wanted for a few years. It looks like they are out of a lot of the components to include the BOM so that may not be an option for any pre sales. Good to know where to try and get them though.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    The new HLE bulbs have 5 LEDs. I am asking because we use these year round on our patio as party lights. We have 100 incandescent C9 currently but the wires and sockets are very sun blasted so we want to replace the wires and bulbs. @Samj435 don't order without asking me please.
    The one huge advantage of going to the C9 replacement bulbs is the colors. My incan blue bulbs would wipe out every season and go to turquois. I would use them for another season even tho the color was crap. The LED replacement Green and Blue stay beautiful all the time. I think mine have only 3 LEDs, so yours should be much brighter.

@Tripplett and others. It would be great if we could check some cables from various companies to see what fits and what does not. Specifically I am talking about the 3 wire version which are mostly for the 2811 and 2812 pixels. I think my 3 wire are from DIYLEDExpress. Who has some from Ray and Holiday Coro ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have some from HC, Ray, and DLE. Bought over the last two years, none fit together. Not even close. In adition, DLE has two threads but they do mate. You just have to mangle the threads.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Everyone on the forums say no two manufacturers plugs will fit each other.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    We are working on the custom rectangle pixel cables for the RBLs and those will be ordered through Ray. It would help you and help us if we could combine your order with ours. Shipping gets better and better with volume. And this goes for anyone else. We probably need to know what you want soon so we can avoid getting way behind. At this time of year, the sooner you get your order in, the sooner you'll get them back. In a couple weeks the group buys will close and Ray may struggle to get materials for a while. We should try to be the end of the month if we can.
    I'm just going to let you know the order will be in no way ready by then. I'm targeting May/June at the earliest for my Ray order. We need quite a number of items, including custom made pixels, extension cables, power supplies...

HLE I've got my hands tied as they end at the end of February. I won't be placing it until after the meeting, most likely closer to the end of the month. We haven't finished taking our display down, so I can't start something without finishing last years.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

HLE I've got my hands tied as they end at the end of February. I won't be placing it until after the meeting, most likely closer to the end of the month. We haven't finished taking our display down, so I can't start something without finishing last years.
    Let's talk at the TASL meeting. So far it's me and @AnniesSS in for $350.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

@EricR I think we can add about $20 more to our order, looking at getting 20 or so c7 LED bulbs.
    Joel

Likes AnniesSS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
    @EricR I think we can add about $20 more to our order, looking at getting 20 or so c7 LED bulbs.
    We will coordinate this at the meeting. It's us and Sam thus far. Ironic my purchase is not for a Christmas display and actually are not used during the the Christmas season. I unplug those lights which are on a switch and use it for my back trees.

Likes rcktpwrd liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We have 1 more week before the January presales end. Does anyone want anything from Diyledexpress or Crockett fantasy that would want to combine orders?