Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: 2016 Group Buy Information

Only Scott and I showed up. I looked over Holiday Light Express but there isn't anything I want from there except for snowfall tubes and they were a little pricy. I'll look into making some instead. Also looked over HolidayCoro as well and discovered that their 2nd pre season sale just started and runs to Feb 14th. We talked pixels, power supplies, and Raspberry Pi's.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Not enough notice for me... but I know you workin guys have to stay on a tight schedule .. I compared prices at HLE, and they are the cheapest for regular full wave LEDs, particularly for the M6 and C6, which are the ones I plan to use to replace most of my incans. I plan to buy from HLE if I can flag down Sam to pay him before he sends in his order.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Not enough notice for me... but I know you workin guys have to stay on a tight schedule .. I compared prices at HLE, and they are the cheapest for regular full wave LEDs, particularly for the M6 and C6, which are the ones I plan to use to replace most of my incans. I plan to buy from HLE if I can flag down Sam to pay him before he sends in his order.
    HLE ends the end of February. I won't be making my order until after February 20th to stretch out the costs. I placed Radiant holidays in already (they ended the 15th), and DIYLEDExpress is ending the 31st of January. I'm picking up a bunch of stuff from them too. As for combining the orders, I don't mind, but if you have enough in Cary for a separate order, you may want to do that (that happened last year too). Scott was the only one to piggy back on my order from last year, and due to some of the items in the shipment, it didn't get here until August. Depending on what's purchased, it may arrive within weeks depending on if they have it all in stock, which is what happened to me the first year I ordered from them.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well, I don't know who else needs what but this is what i can use and if i can jump on your order Sam - if there's no one else around - that would be great. at least there will be a running list of who needs what and we can go from there:

25 - in-line SPT-1 inline female vampire plugs = $12.50
    50 - Female Vampire plugs SPT1 = $25.00
    50 - Male Vampire plugs SPT1 = $25.00
    10 - Green M6 LED Holiday Lights (100 per string | Green wire)= $138.00

Total $200.50

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Here is my order for HLE. I can join into a Cary order or Sam's order since both are about the same distance for me.

17 - WARM WHITE C6 LED Holiday Lights (70 per string | Green wire)= $164.05
    1 Case - WARM WHITE M6 LED Holiday Lights (100 per string | Green wire)= $321.00

Total $485.05

Annie and I combined are almost $700.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

HolidayCoro.com is in their pre-season sale again. This will run until Feb 14th and they have some great pricing on enclosures, pixel extensions and pigtails, and pixels. They also have the strawberry sized Brilliant Bulbs on sale. These are the ones I had strung around a crepe myrtle many of you liked. They are just like the PixaBulbs that are sold out elsewhere and HC's price is 25% cheaper ($45 vs $35 per 50 count). Their 5 meter smart pixel strips 12v 30LED/m 10 pixels/m for $17.99 are the same ones I made my pixel tree out of. 12v 350w power supplies for $19.50.
    HolidayCoro Pre-Season Sale Items

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Here is my order for HLE. I can join into a Cary order or Sam's order since both are about the same distance for me.

17 - WARM WHITE C6 LED Holiday Lights (70 per string | Green wire)= $164.05
    1 Case - WARM WHITE M6 LED Holiday Lights (100 per string | Green wire)= $321.00

Total $485.05

Annie and I combined are almost $700.
    One or two more people and you have hit the magic mark. If no one else joins you, I'll gladly combine our orders.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

so have we gotten close to placing this order?

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm still trying to figure a few things out. I'm not sure I'll add the the HLE order. I may have more stuff from holiday coro.
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by AnniesSS View Post
    so have we gotten close to placing this order?
    The HLE pre-sale goes through the end of February. I'll be placing my order between the 22nd and the 26th. If there are not enough of other orders in the Cary area to make up a separate order, I can add you and Denny to mine. My suspicion is there will be with almost a whole month left to go. It's not that I'm against running a group buy (I have done many orders in the past), it's just that it will be a REALLY big order, as I'm getting another 20k lights or so....

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks for the update!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks for the update!
    So far just you and me.

Anyone else in the Raleigh Cary Apex area want to buy full wave rectified light strings this year ? Holiday Light Express has the lowest price I can find. And they are reliable. We need about $300 more in orders to get free shipping. I don't mind driving to you to pick up the lights when they arrive. @AnnieSS, can you place the order ? I have cash.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I thought we didn't have enough with just us for an order? Seems like we should wait until at least mid February to see if anyone else is interested.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I thought we didn't have enough with just us for an order? Seems like we should wait until at least mid February to see if anyone else is interested.
    Correct. Which is why I was asking if any others are planning to buy. We have alternatives too .. If we don't get any more to join us, then we could join in with Sam. We'll just have to drive up to his house to drop off money, and also again to get the stuff.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm trying to figure out how many CG-1500 cases to purchase. For your pixels, do you put the controller and power supply in a box close to the lights? Or do you run cables every where from a central location? (ie, do you buy a bunch of 4 output controllers, or do you have just a couple 12-16 output controllers?) Are there controllers that have between 4 and 12 outputs? For instance, 6, 8, or 10 outputs?

I'm planning on using 12v. Stuff will be kinda spread out, but most not more than say 20' from where I could put them if centrally located. (Is this where that spreadsheet would come in handy?)

Thanks for your help!!!
    - Scott M.