Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Renard Kit Group BUY in progress on DIYC

This group buy for Renard kits started Feb 8th. I am not sure how much longer it will run, so jump in soon if you want something. If any of you are interested in these kits, here is the place to buy. We could set up a meeting to run through how to build these kits, in case some of you have not done it (but would like to). You have to be a supporting member of DIYC to be able to participate. See post number 1 for details. Then you just post what you want a James will pick it up. You pay him through Paypal. You'll need a CG case, SPT wire and SPT sockets (females) for each one you buy. The CG2000 fits the REN 24 SS (24 channel) model.

2015 Renard SS Group Buy - Round 1 - Page 4

Here are the costs:

Renard SS 8 BOM $28.25
    Renard SS 16 BOM $38.50
    Renard SS 24 BOM $48.75
    Renard Spare Parts Kit BOM $8.50

Renard SS 8 PCB $7.00
    Renard SS 16 PCB $9.00
    Renard SS 24 PCB $12.35

Renard SS 8 Heat Sink $2.00
    Renard SS 16 Heat Sink $2.00
    Renard SS 24 Heat Sink $2.25

PayPal Fees: 3% plus $0.30

SHIPPING - James shows the detail on post #1 but you need the medium flat rate box ( $14 ) for the SS24 due to the length of the heatsinks. However, you can buy up to 8 of those controllers for the same shipping cost (flat rate). If multiple local folks want Renards, you should order through one person to get cheap shipping. That would keep your cost per 24 channel unit under $75 (not including the GC box, wires and spt females). The whole deal ends up in the $100 range for 24 channels ... These are compatible with LOR if you buy a DMX adapter, or (better) buy a small pixel adapter and use one output for your DMX. This is a much better way to run DMX than <yuk> USB.

My "supporting member" subscription just ran out and I'm not needing anything right now. I will renew once there is something I need. This is the same site for the Full Wave Rectifier boards, and the Super String Shortener boards. Plus a zillion other cool gadgets including DMX-Cat-5 adapter boards, and Raw DMX amps (that I showed at the TASL a couple weeks ago) ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Renard Kit Group BUY in progress on DIYC

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    This group buy for Renard kits started Feb 8th. I am not sure how much longer it will run, so jump in soon if you want something. If any of you are interested in these kits, here is the place to buy. We could set up a meeting to run through how to build these kits, in case some of you have not done it (but would like to). You have to be a supporting member of DIYC to be able to participate. See post number 1 for details. Then you just post what you want a James will pick it up. You pay him through Paypal. You'll need a CG case, SPT wire and SPT sockets (females) for each one you buy. The CG2000 fits the REN 24 SS (24 channel) model.

2015 Renard SS Group Buy - Round 1 - Page 4

Here are the costs:

Renard SS 8 BOM $28.25
    Renard SS 16 BOM $38.50
    Renard SS 24 BOM $48.75
    Renard Spare Parts Kit BOM $8.50

Renard SS 8 PCB $7.00
    Renard SS 16 PCB $9.00
    Renard SS 24 PCB $12.35

Renard SS 8 Heat Sink $2.00
    Renard SS 16 Heat Sink $2.00
    Renard SS 24 Heat Sink $2.25

PayPal Fees: 3% plus $0.30

SHIPPING - James shows the detail on post #1 but you need the medium flat rate box ( $14 ) for the SS24 due to the length of the heatsinks. However, you can buy up to 8 of those controllers for the same shipping cost (flat rate). If multiple local folks want Renards, you should order through one person to get cheap shipping. That would keep your cost per 24 channel unit under $75 (not including the GC box, wires and spt females). The whole deal ends up in the $100 range for 24 channels ... These are compatible with LOR if you buy a DMX adapter, or (better) buy a small pixel adapter and use one output for your DMX. This is a much better way to run DMX than <yuk> USB.

My "supporting member" subscription just ran out and I'm not needing anything right now. I will renew once there is something I need. This is the same site for the Full Wave Rectifier boards, and the Super String Shortener boards. Plus a zillion other cool gadgets including DMX-Cat-5 adapter boards, and Raw DMX amps (that I showed at the TASL a couple weeks ago) ..
    The order ended yesterday but I think they will do another one based on the low turnout on this one.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Renard Kit Group BUY in progress on DIYC

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gebhardt View Post
    The order ended yesterday but I think they will do another one based on the low turnout on this one.
    Darn .. when I listed this there was no mention of the end. Usually they post some sort of notice. Strange this time around. I know it's a good idea to get in on James' early sales. James does not sell them in the fall. There is another guy who does it then and he get around $100 for the SS24 .. Big savings to buy early from James. James has a statistic that shws up now and then, showing how many channels of Renards he has driven through kit sales. It is staggering how many thousands of channels that James has pushed out there for customers and their visitors to enjoy !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control