Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Full Wave Rectifier and LED String Shortener GROUP BUY

We discussed this at the TASL and I showed them to the attendees. This is definitely the simplest and most reliable way to rectify your retail LEDs.

You can see the details on post number one of the link below. You have to buy these in groups of 54 tiny boards and it comes out to about 6 cents per rectifier board. And 9 cents per string shortener board (great for Singing Faces and wire frame displays to get the exact number of LED bulbs you want). His price for LEDs are 3 cents, which is a bit high. But we're not talking much money here. The string shortener board also includes a full wave rectifier.

INTEREST ONLY - Full Wave Converter and Super String Shortener boards - Page 2

THIS LINK ON DIYC IS ONLY FOR THE INTEREST, but I will use our Group Buy numbers and post those as my "Interest." Then when the group buy gets going I will place the order. I will probably buy extras.

If you are already a Supporting Member of DIYC, you can post your own INTEREST and buy them yourself, or you can sign up here.

I can buy LEDs for around 1 cent each, so if you want DIODES, tell me how many you want. It take about a month for the diodes to arrive because I order them in Japan. We should have plenty of time to get them while the boards are being ordered. I will buy the heat shrink in 100 ft rolls to save $$, but I prefer to order the better 3:1 type to avoid having to use any silicon on the ends. You can buy any or all of the items listed below.

THREE items to request:

1. Minimum order is ONE BOARD (which contains 54 FWRs or 54 SSs) boards. Just post here how my boards you want for each type. FWR Boards and/or SS Boards. We will share the shipping and paypal fees across the group buy.
    2. I will round up the number of Diodes since they come in groups of 1000pcs. I bag of 250 Diodes is $3.00 (I'll buy some small parts bags).
    3. One Heat Shrink order will be 16 feet. Each foot can make about 4 FWRs or 3 SSs. You can select either Green or Black color. I need to buy in groups of 5 for each color, so I'll take them in the order the requests come in. The 3:1 is hard to find it low cost. We'll need 3/8" (9mm) for the FWRs. And probably 1/2"

Example request:

1 FWR Board
    0 SS Board
    1 bag Diodes
    1 Green heat shrink for FWR
    0 heat shrink for SS

I don't know the total cost yet since it will depend largely on the cost of the heatshrink. A good price is about $7 for each 16' of 3/8." In that case the rough cost estimate for this order is around $15 .. Cost per FWR around 28 cents.
    Last edited by kidcole; 03-11-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Full Wave Rectifier and LED String Shortener GROUP BUY

1 fwr board
    i bag leds
    1 ss board
    i green heat srink
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

denny unless your getting pms on this it starting to look like a no go
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am surprised that nobody else wants this simple solution to take the flicker out of their LEDs (and make them DIMM smoothly).

I can buy yours, or you can place your own order to just have them sent to your house. Shipping will be cheaper than driving ! Let me know .. I plan to buy a lot of them for the future ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

order them and let me know how much you got all the details

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will be getting at least two boards. Not sure if I'll get them through you, or directly from DIYC, still deciding.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny -

I hate trying to type on my phone via Tapatalk. I haven't been totally ignoring you, just haven't had time to respond on here.

I'd like a coupe of boards of each type, and like the idea of getting the heat shrink in bulk like that. I'd prefer green, since it would be basically invisible on any green strings I modify and look just as bad as the black on white wire strings I modify, but I'd go with the color you'd need to make up the multiple of 5 - if you can get to that.

What are the specs on the LEDs?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    .................................................. ..................

What are the specs on the LEDs?
    I assume you are asking about the specs on the diodes .. They are the standard 1 watt variety. I already have 1000 at 1 cent each. I can order more. I'll get you some cards and a few of us can do a heatshrink group buy.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I assume you are asking about the specs on the diodes .. They are the standard 1 watt variety. I already have 1000 at 1 cent each. I can order more. I'll get you some cards and a few of us can do a heatshrink group buy.
    OK, you typed LED up there in the original posting. That's what threw me. You meant non-Light-Emitting diode, or rectifier.

Yeah, I still have a substantial number of the 1N4007 diodes I bought when I first started doing this. Having them pre-cut and pre-bent would be good going forward, but I need to use a lot of what I already have; probably enough to do another 100 or so strings.

Yes, I'm interested in the heat shrink, and probably 2 of each of the boards that break up into little boards. If you decide to not order them due to lack of local interest, let me know, since that group buy is now going.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    OK, you typed LED up there in the original posting. That's what threw me. You meant non-Light-Emitting diode, or rectifier.............................
    Oooops .. brain fart ! Very ugly mistake since part of the text was actually about reducing the size of LED strings. I meant diodes of course. I corrected them all ..

I am requesting them from the group buy for you me and Mike. But the darned group buy on DIYC ended in one day! Helen and I took the weekend off, including yesterday, for her Birthday. So I look on DIYC this morning and the GB is closed already. What !!! ? I posted a request. I don't understand what's going on there ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Oooops .. brain fart ! Very ugly mistake since part of the text was actually about reducing the size of LED strings. I meant diodes of course. I corrected them all ..

I am requesting them from the group buy for you me and Mike. But the darned group buy on DIYC ended in one day! Helen and I took the weekend off, including yesterday, for her Birthday. So I look on DIYC this morning and the GB is closed already. What !!! ? I posted a request. I don't understand what's going on there ..
    Check the first post, they will have another in two weeks with more spots. I missed this one too, I was in bed with an illness.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I believe the group buy is this coming Monday the 17th. His remark about having a group buy was on the 9th and stated having it next Monday.
    Then I could be wrong.
    If it fell out of the sky I didn't work on it.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by TGabriel View Post
    I believe the group buy is this coming Monday the 17th. His remark about having a group buy was on the 9th and stated having it next Monday.
    Then I could be wrong.
    I appreciate the update .. I'll try to be looking.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny update my possable order to 1 sss pcb i hope i got that right i need to shorten 8 strings
    1 bag of dieodes
    1 roll of 3/8 green srink
    1 fwr board pcb furture use im not a suporting member of diyc so i can t see what im buying

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny -

I see you got an order in (post #14 , Full Wave Converter and Super String Shortener 2014 GB No 2 - Page 2

Is that for the people on this forum thread? I'm hoping so; the group buy is now sold out there. It went really fast like the first one did. I was doing yard work over th weekend instead of monitoring for that.