Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Mini Candy Canes

Anyone plan to give out candy canes during there display? I have been looking around the web for bulk mini candy canes. These are the 2 1/2" .1 oz wrapped candy canes. I been told by a few to just buy them at Wally World but it appears I can get a better price online. Here's where I think I've found the best deal.

http://www.spanglercandy.com/order/christmasorder.php

They have 500 count boxes or a case (4 boxes) of 2000 total. I was looking at a couple of 500 count boxes, at that count they are .036 cents each, shipped they are .045 cents each to my location.

My checking online shows retail stores have tubs of 100 to 300 for about .1 cent each. I didn't want to run out or end up with 500 setting around to next year. Any thought or wisdom from the Carolina gang will be welcome.

OK, John as well. Sorry Al.

David
    And on the 8th day, God created Christmas lights.

240 Channels of DMX

Carl B Zachary

Default Re: Mini Candy Canes

It would all depend on how many you think you will need. If you think you will give out over 900 you need to get the 2000 at .o45 cents each to save money. Also any you have left over may be able to use next year.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Do whatever is cheaper this season to get an idea of how many you'll use for next year and then go to CVS or Walgreens after Christmas and get them 90% off. I bought cases of 4-5" candy canes last year and just kept them indoors till this year. I think I spent $20-30 for 5 cases.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

David, I've got your candy canes.

John, please send David some pumpkin candy canes compliments of me. Elevation 45 degrees, range 112 miles, azimuth 78 degrees, wind 15 knots. Fire for effect.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post

John, please send David some pumpkin candy canes compliments of me. Elevation 45 degrees, range 112 miles, azimuth 78 degrees, wind 15 knots. Fire for effect.
    Yes Sir! Wind direction is ??? (not responsible for breakage upon landing, nor am I reponsible for the occasional dud that lands in Kevin's yard. Kevin, make sure your dog is wearing his hard hat, Al told me to start firing)
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Batten down the hatches Kevin. This could be Pumpkin Storm. Collateral pumpkin damage is expected. If your dog gets hit, I'll put him in for a Purple Paw.

John the wind azimuth is 276 degrees.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Batten down the hatches Kevin. This could be Pumpkin Storm. Collateral pumpkin damage is expected.

John the wind azimuth is 276 degrees.

Especially since I'm depending on Al for Fire Control info
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ProLawn View Post
    Do whatever is cheaper this season to get an idea of how many you'll use for next year and then go to CVS or Walgreens after Christmas and get them 90% off. I bought cases of 4-5" candy canes last year and just kept them indoors till this year. I think I spent $20-30 for 5 cases.
    I tried that last year, all I could find is the large candy canes with 10-12 per box and the funky flavors no one else wanted. I've got several guys close by doing the same thing and the candy canes dont make it to Christmas here locally.

Al in Raleigh Re: Mini Candy Canes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.I.Y. Al and John, you might want to checkout the post in the DIY section under Dave's MR-16 Light CANNONS.

I've tested them at a range of 300 nautical miles, or 345.24 miles if you don't happen to know what a nautical is.

In other words "Bring it on" Do you have a preference on how you like your pumpkin? I can do medium, medium well, or well.

240 Channels of DMX

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by davetv102 View Post
    F.I.Y. Al and John, you might want to checkout the post in the DIY section under Dave's MR-16 Light CANNONS.

I've tested them at a range of 300 nautical miles, or 345.24 miles if you don't happen to know what a nautical is.
    Dave, Al and I both made posts in that thread, excellent job!

But instead of using them for defense against incoming pumpkins, and since they have such excellent range, just reverse Al's fire control coordinates, aiming them at my house, and I won't have to put up a display. I will put up a sign acknowledging that the light show is Compliments of Dave.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

...Dave's MR-16 Light CANNONS....I've tested them at a range of 300 nautical miles, or 345.24 miles if you don't happen to know what a nautical is.

In other words "Bring it on" Do you have a preference on how you like your pumpkin? I can do medium, medium well, or well.
    Of course I know what a nautical is. But do you? I had nauticals long before you did.

As for your "cannons", what you don't know is that I have BBPSSS pointed in your general direction from a northerly position. In case you don't know what a BBPSSS it is a Big Butt Pumpkin Slinging Sling Shot. I'll bet you don't have one of these huh. Of course you don't. Did you see William's "what is it" thread. Well that is not a light display. It is actually the uprights for my BBPSSS. Please note the multiple launching platforms. The only thing missing in that photo is the huge rubber bands which arrived this afternoon by UPS.

Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

In case you don't know what a BBPSSS is .....

Al
    Dave, looks like Al needs to debounce the keys on his keyboard. Some of the keys seem to be repeating.
    What he meant to type was B S

It seems like sometimes Al is full of Bull S**t, guess I should send him a box of Ex-Lax to help with his problem.

Now to get back to making 60 inline SPT sockets, so I can cross one more thing off the last minute TO DO list.

Oh, Dave, back to your original question, before Al hijacked your thread, no, sorry, I don't know of any good deals on candy canes.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks for explaining Al's post, I was having trouble figuring it out and had written it off as the effects of someone taking waaaaay too much cold medicine on a regular basis. I wasn't sure about what direction the BBPSSS was going or the keyboard thing you mentioned or it was just a case of

I did have some experience with a trebuchet I built in the past before I uttered that famous, right before heading to the emergency room phrase.

"Hey ya'll watch this".........

I miss that trebuchet, but now I have,,,,,, wait for it,

Christmas Lights!

Hmm, I wonder what a trebuchet covered in Christmas lights would look like, could be the new mega tree.

240 Channels of DMX

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hmm, I wonder what a trebuchet covered in Christmas lights would look like, could be the new mega tree.
    Go for it, Dave !
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com