Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default GROUP BUY Planning Meeting - Raleigh or Cary Area

Hi everyone. There are several very good group buys going on with Christmas vendors who supply our "stuff." We always try to help drive everyone's planning in the TASL meetings but with the China discounts at all time "best prices" many of these deals are going to happen before the February TASL meeting. We have two more weeks to get this done so you can place your orders.

Radiant Holidays for SPT plugs/wire and DIYLED Express for RGB (dumb and pixels) .. One good thing about DIYLED Express is they only want half down and you pay the balance when your parts are in the US and ready for shipping to your home. I am not sure about Radiant ..

Please speak up here if you would like to meet as a group. Dariusz @Bartek has mentioned he wants to meet. If there are more of you who might want to join us, we can make it a larger group at a Starbucks or even at my home. I am flexible as to the day and time. But sooner is better so we have time to get our order placed on their websites.

What dates work for you ??
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: GROUP BUY Planning Meeting - Raleigh or Cary Area

denny i know i can t make the meeting but if we order from
    Radiant Holidays i want 1 roll of spt2 and a bag each of male and female plugs
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll be getting items from radiant holidays, holiday light express and diyledexpress during the presale season. I wouldn't mind meeting, will past later when I get home.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Is nobody interested in Seasonal Entertainment's pre-sale. Their 12v ws2811 50ct rounds look good at $22, or is there a better option? http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc....nuary_2014.pdf
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Shannon View Post
    Is nobody interested in Seasonal Entertainment's pre-sale. Their 12v ws2811 50ct rounds look good at $22, or is there a better option? http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc....nuary_2014.pdf
    Personally, I need to have custom pixel strings made, so I'll just get all my pixel items from Ray,
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    denny i know i can t make the meeting but if we order from
    Radiant Holidays i want 1 roll of spt2 and a bag each of male and female plugs
    I'll keep ya posted if we do ...

Same string on DIYLED Express is 22.50 but I like these guys. They are very closely tied with DoItYourselfChristmas.com. Also their Pixabulbs are unique with super waterproofing and two 5050 LEDs per bulb. Custom spacing available until the end of January.

I am still struggling with whether I replace my C9s entirely this year with the Pixabulbs .. or if I just stick it out. I am replacing about 250 incandescent C9s on the front of the house with about 400 LED C9s. That gives me back about 15 amps. I have to replace some of my incandescent this year if I am going to expand to new effects. I was at 144 amps last year when everything was on. That load was well balanced through all the sub-panels and into my main panel, but I can't go much higher on a 200 amp panel .... and still have some power reserve left for inside the house ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm probably in for at least 16 of the WS2811_12V_PIXELSTRING18AWG. I need to do some calculating to see what more I might need, but I'll definitely need to be part of the DIYLEDEXPRESS order.
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm probably in for at least 16 of the WS2811_12V_PIXELSTRING18AWG. I need to do some calculating to see what more I might need, but I'll definitely need to be part of the DIYLEDEXPRESS order.
    If it only ends up being a few of us, then the cost and time of passing parts around might not be worth a tiny shipping savings. But I will leave that up to you guys. Dariusz and I live only a mile apart. Then you and Sam can decide if it's worth the trouble in trade for a very minor shipping savings.

For any other locals reading this who would like help with power planning or system design ideas, you can also join us !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    If it only ends up being a few of us, then the cost and time of passing parts around might not be worth a tiny shipping savings. But I will leave that up to you guys. Dariusz and I live only a mile apart. Then you and Sam can decide if it's worth the trouble in trade for a very minor shipping savings.

For any other locals reading this who would like help with power planning or system design ideas, you can also join us !
    It's worth it for radiant holidays and holiday light express. Orders over $1000 get free shipping. Worked out great last year.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Im in for spt wire and connectors. Also buying 18 strands of pixabulbs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    It's worth it for radiant holidays and holiday light express. Orders over $1000 get free shipping. Worked out great last year.
    I am glad you remembered that .. We can see how many people want wire, SPT plugs and misc cases, etc. If we get to $1000 then one of us can handle the order. I don't mind this time since you did it last year. If we don't make the clip then each person is probably better off going separate given all the driving involved.

I think Holiday Light Express is the company offering cases of full wave rectified LEDs for less cost than CDI .. Is that right ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I am glad you remembered that .. We can see how many people want wire, SPT plugs and misc cases, etc. If we get to $1000 then one of us can handle the order. I don't mind this time since you did it last year. If we don't make the clip then each person is probably better off going separate given all the driving involved.

I think Holiday Light Express is the company offering cases of full wave rectified LEDs for less cost than CDI .. Is that right ?
    I'm sure we can reach that amount. That's only 10 spools, not counting plugs or enclosures.

Yes, HLE is the company you are thinking of, and I need 6 cases.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

again samy keep me in mind i need 1 roll of spt and male and female plugs to matchhopfuly green but any color will do i used 700 foot from denny last year and i have already used 500 foot off the roll i ordered last summer and about 100 ends rob gave me expanding the display eats this stuff up.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    again samy keep me in mind i need 1 roll of spt and male and female plugs to matchhopfuly green but any color will do i used 700 foot from denny last year and i have already used 500 foot off the roll i ordered last summer and about 100 ends rob gave me expanding the display eats this stuff up.
    I'm sure we will have enough for the free shipping from radiant holidays. Hopefully we can have a list together in the next 10 days. I'll reach out to everyone that participated last time and see if any of them need anything as I haven't seen them in a bit.

I'm free pretty much any weekday after 6pm, and on the weekends for the most part.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will contact Dariusz. Maybe we can meet this weekend and start to make some lists. I keep going back and forth with what I want to do this year. One minute I think about reducing my C7 and C9 incandescent .... and the next I don't want to lose the look.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole