Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: GROUP BUY Planning Meeting - Raleigh or Cary Area

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Shannon View Post
    Plan on Rex. I'm not certain I can come, and Rex isn't too far if I can.
    OK I'll see what I can get. @Samj435 - are you OK with the Rex Starbucks ?

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    i will need 1 oll vof spt 1 . and 50 male and female ends to match pm with cost and or down payment please 1000 foot
    We'll put you on the list ..

I am not sure who is spearheading the group buy with Radiant (where we get free shipping) .. but I think Sam is planning a large order. Each person will have to pay Sam their share of whatever monies are due at the end of the month.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thumbs up Re: GROUP BUY Planning Meeting - Raleigh or Cary Area

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Hi everyone. There are several very good group buys going on with Christmas vendors who supply our "stuff." We always try to help drive everyone's planning in the TASL meetings but with the China discounts at all time "best prices" many of these deals are going to happen before the February TASL meeting. We have two more weeks to get this done so you can place your orders.

Radiant Holidays for SPT plugs/wire and DIYLED Express for RGB (dumb and pixels) .. One good thing about DIYLED Express is they only want half down and you pay the balance when your parts are in the US and ready for shipping to your home. I am not sure about Radiant ..

Please speak up here if you would like to meet as a group. Dariusz @Bartek has mentioned he wants to meet. If there are more of you who might want to join us, we can make it a larger group at a Starbucks or even at my home. I am flexible as to the day and time. But sooner is better so we have time to get our order placed on their websites.

What dates work for you ??
    I would like to attend the meeting and do plan to be there at 10:00. Thanks, Tom

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

seance when the dust settles just pm me with the payment info thanks i was balancing my laptop when i posted earlier let me re post it i need and want a 1000 foot spool of spt wire with 50 male and 50 female plugs to match the wire size green or black i prefer green if its offered no need to quote me i know im being a pain
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by tsavage View Post
    I would like to attend the meeting and do plan to be there at 10:00. Thanks, Tom
    Great Tom ! I look forward to seeing you there. I am going there right now to see if I can reserve their conference room. There will be at least 4 or 5 of us ..

EVERYONE:

We are meeting at 10am this Saturday morning 1/25/2014. The location is near Rex Hospital:

Starbucks
    3800 Lake Boone Trail
    Raleigh, NC 27607
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    seance when the dust settles just pm me with the payment info thanks i was balancing my laptop when i posted earlier let me re post it i need and want a 1000 foot spool of spt wire with 50 male and 50 female plugs to match the wire size green or black i prefer green if its offered no need to quote me i know im being a pain
    They have both SPT1 and SPT2. What size do you have currently?
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

OK I'll see what I can get. @Samj435 - are you OK with the Rex Starbucks ?

We'll put you on the list ..

I am not sure who is spearheading the group buy with Radiant (where we get free shipping) .. but I think Sam is planning a large order. Each person will have to pay Sam their share of whatever monies are due at the end of the month.
    Looks like I have to be . I'm definitely going with Holiday Light Express for LED lights, depending on the total number of places we are getting items from, I can do both or just one of them. I have not had any experience with HLE, but I've done a good amount of business with RH already.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm only ordering from DIYLEDEXPRESS but I'm mostly interested in hanging out!
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Looks like I have to be . I'm definitely going with Holiday Light Express for LED lights, depending on the total number of places we are getting items from, I can do both or just one of them. I have not had any experience with HLE, but I've done a good amount of business with RH already.
    Several people will be wanting stuff from Radiant Holidays (wire and SPT plugs mostly). I will want some SPT2s myself. The price is awesome if we get to $1000 for free shipping. I probably won't want anything from Holiday Light Express.

I assume that anyone wanting pixels can place their own orders with DIY LED Express, since there is no advantage to a group buy there. I will be ordering from them.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll bring some of the PixaBulbs, and yard stakes that I found that fits them nicely. I'm assuming they have WiFi?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll bring some of the PixaBulbs, and yard stakes that I found that fits them nicely. I'm assuming they have WiFi?
    Yes, they have wifi. I stopped there tonight and tried to get the big room reserved... but the darned thing is booked up. So I will go early and get some tables .. I think Dariusz is going to meet me there early anyhow .. He has to leave for work at 10:30 and I think he wants to buy some things.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Several people will be wanting stuff from Radiant Holidays (wire and SPT plugs mostly). I will want some SPT2s myself. The price is awesome if we get to $1000 for free shipping. I probably won't want anything from Holiday Light Express.

I assume that anyone wanting pixels can place their own orders with DIY LED Express, since there is no advantage to a group buy there. I will be ordering from them.
    This may not work out in the end. I just found that Radiant Holidays changed their Free Shipping guarantee so it doesn't include SPT wire. This means we would need $1000 worth of other items, which is highly doubtful to occur. Still, if we get enough, shipping would be less due to the volume.

Who else has been contacted about this? I haven't heard from quite a few others.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This may not work out in the end. I just found that Radiant Holidays changed their Free Shipping guarantee so it doesn't include SPT wire. This means we would need $1000 worth of other items, which is highly doubtful to occur. Still, if we get enough, shipping would be less due to the volume.

Who else has been contacted about this? I haven't heard from quite a few others.
    That's a bummer on the wire ! If that's the case then there might not be any point in making a group buy order from Radiant. It would just end up cost everyone more, by the time we shuttle parts around. Mike is a 2 hour drive ...

I have not made any specific contacts, except the posts here. I did send an email to David Stafford ... No reply yet...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Late reply from David Stafford (me):
    I've somehow broken my email alerts/digest from CC. Will fix that soon.

As luck would have it, I have an electrical guy coming over this Saturday at 9am to install two new exterior circuits so that I am not running extension cords out my front door like I did this year. - I told my wife we needed a way to plug in an electric leaf blower by the curb (shhh!).

If you start at 10am,, I am probably able to get him started (assuming he gets here at 9am) and meet up at Starbucks by Rex?

I used about 3200 feet of SPT2 wire this year and am down to 800 feet. I would love another 2 x 1000 foot reels. (1 Green / 1 White if I have a choice). In the event I don't make it in time,, I'm happy to pay/pre-pay anyone placing a group order so that they are covered. No more plugs needed.

For next year, I would like to recreate my LOR CCR tree on Ray Wu strings on a yet-to-be-selected DMX controller. I could be probably be talked into pixel strings/bulbs too if it would help us get free shipping :-)

Hope to see you tomorrow morning!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by David Stafford View Post
    Late reply from David Stafford (me):
    I've somehow broken my email alerts/digest from CC. Will fix that soon.

As luck would have it, I have an electrical guy coming over this Saturday at 9am to install two new exterior circuits so that I am not running extension cords out my front door like I did this year. - I told my wife we needed a way to plug in an electric leaf blower by the curb (shhh!).

If you start at 10am,, I am probably able to get him started (assuming he gets here at 9am) and meet up at Starbucks by Rex?

I used about 3200 feet of SPT2 wire this year and am down to 800 feet. I would love another 2 x 1000 foot reels. (1 Green / 1 White if I have a choice). In the event I don't make it in time,, I'm happy to pay/pre-pay anyone placing a group order so that they are covered. No more plugs needed.

For next year, I would like to recreate my LOR CCR tree on Ray Wu strings on a yet-to-be-selected DMX controller. I could be probably be talked into pixel strings/bulbs too if it would help us get free shipping :-)

Hope to see you tomorrow morning!
    That will be fine Dave. You can call my cell phone to see if we are still there. We will include the 2000' of wire for you, but it looks like the free shipping excludes the wire this time .. <yuk>. So it's not likely that we will get free shipping. I don't think Radiant has enough other things besides SPT2 wire plugs that we need. So we probably won't make it to $1000. Pixels are at an all time low price for an American company and very close to what you would pay to China, but with your warranty here. Many of us think that's a better way to go.

I hope we see you tomorrow ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

samy i like spt 2 but with me being led i don t think it makes much difference just go with price i guess thats bad news about the shipping from radiant im going to have to pay shipping from Raleigh to my home any way its usually cheaper than me driving up anyway.if this falls tru ill just order direct from radiant no worries
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com