Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Renard SS series (8, 16, 24)

Go Sam ! Jack came by and picked up his kits today. I hope to start on mine sometime this week. I am taking a week off and Helen has surgery Thursday .. I'll have a bunch of down time coming up for soldering ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just curious, what was included in the spare parts kit? I have some parts left over that I think may belong to the two of you.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Just curious, what was included in the spare parts kit? I have some parts left over that I think may belong to the two of you.
    Hold onto them. There were spares throughout the kits and we divided them roughly even among us (according to how many kits you bought. If we need something we will share the Wiki number since that is what is on the bags.

The spare parts kits were two extra PIC .. one programmed with diagnostics and the other standard. I assume you are probably running Renard mode so you didn't have to change anything. I will be running the DMX PIC, so I'll have to reload mine.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Picture time! I have tested all 4 boards, and they work perfectly. I'm really excited about November getting here!

-p1060641.jpg -p1060643.jpg -p1060644.jpg

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Picture time! I have tested all 4 boards, and they work perfectly. I'm really excited about November getting here!

-p1060641.jpg -p1060643.jpg -p1060644.jpg
    Nice job Sam !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So it looks like James is only doing 1 round this year for the SS series. He says he will be helping someone else run a second one later in the year, but it won't be him. This years round 1 starts next Saturday, January 12th. I expect it to go fast, but not as fast as you might imagine as lots of folks are moving towards pixels.

Is there any interest in doing what we did last year? Alternate version of pooling orders would make a phone tree for CC members interested.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So it looks like James is only doing 1 round this year for the SS series. He says he will be helping someone else run a second one later in the year, but it won't be him. This years round 1 starts next Saturday, January 12th. I expect it to go fast, but not as fast as you might imagine as lots of folks are moving towards pixels.

Is there any interest in doing what we did last year? Alternate version of pooling orders would make a phone tree for CC members interested.
    I need some replacement triacs but I'm not planning to add any more AC controllers right now. I futzed around too long for 2012, and didn't use all the channels I planned for. I had 40 channels of AC and 32 of DC I didn't even power up.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    I need some replacement triacs but I'm not planning to add any more AC controllers right now. I futzed around too long for 2012, and didn't use all the channels I planned for. I had 40 channels of AC and 32 of DC I didn't even power up.
    I figured both you and @kidcole were not interested in any more, but there are quite a few members in the area who I know may be. The problem is if James is only doing one buy, there isn't much time to decide.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I figured both you and @kidcole were not interested in any more, but there are quite a few members in the area who I know may be. The problem is if James is only doing one buy, there isn't much time to decide.

I have to agree with that. The board is available outside the group buys from Waynej and a few other people. However, the bulk buying capability of these group buys knocks between $10 and $30 off the purchase price of buying them outside the group buy plus it's an experienced person who is putting the kits together.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have not decided exactly what I'm going to do. For a learning experience, I want to debug my two broken Renard SS24s. They are housed ina really cool fiberglass box with 48 pigtails (four groups of 12). I may need some triacs, so it sounds like I beter get going on the debug. In the end I am likely to sell the box and I will offer it first here. A couple people have alredy asked so I have posted what I have invested in the box. I also have two more SS24 kits here at the house .. One is mine and one belongs to Dariusz. I am not sure about those either. I think Dariusz may want to build his.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Heads up, looks like the round two group buy for renards is about to start in 2-3 weeks time.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Heads up, looks like the round two group buy for renards is about to start in 2-3 weeks time.
    I have two SS24 kits here, unbuilt. One belongs to Dariusz and I am not sure if he would sell it. I will sell mine for $65 if you want it. We'll have to ask Dariusz @bartkiewicz if he wants to part with his. The parts are combined, so they would have to be separated if only one purchased.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I have two SS24 kits here, unbuilt. One belongs to Dariusz and I am not sure if he would sell it. I will sell mine for $65 if you want it. We'll have to ask Dariusz @bartkiewicz if he wants to part with his. The parts are combined, so they would have to be separated if only one purchased.
    I have 4 SS24's from last year, with another 4 coming next week. I'm thinking about picking up 2 SS8's and another SS16... just in case . Inevitably, those SS24's will sell, as I'm sure there are quite a few people that don't start planning their shows until summer.

How many people are expected at the next TASL meeting? It's Saturday so I know it will be busy. You could easily sell them there.