Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Group Buys????

Anyone know of any group buys going on for 18 awg SPT 2. I'm gonna need at least 8000 feet.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Group Buys????

We usually do one in late spring or early summer if we can find reasonably priced wire.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ok i've been searching for a few days now and can't come up with anything decent, shipping seems to shoot down the good prices. I know its early but I hate waiting until the last minute.
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

After laying out a ton of extension cords this year I said it would be much easier with spt2 wire and just put plugs every few feet.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Chris from DIYC will most likely be doing another one for wire and plugs this year (he did a really large one last year). He's currently quoting $110 for 1000' spools of SPT2, only if you preorder though. Comes in green and possibly white if there is enough interest. The wire took a long time last year, so it looks as if he's ordering earlier this time, with the group buy ending on the 15th of January. Planned April delivery.

Going through the forums, it appears as if a few members here got a freight drop of wire and plugs from this group buy a few months ago.

Just thought i'd pass along the info.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Chris from DIYC will most likely be doing another one for wire and plugs this year (he did a really large one last year). He's currently quoting $110 for 1000' spools of SPT2, only if you preorder though. Comes in green and possibly white if there is enough interest. The wire took a long time last year, so it looks as if he's ordering earlier this time, with the group buy ending on the 15th of January. Planned April delivery.

Going through the forums, it appears as if a few members here got a freight drop of wire and plugs from this group buy a few months ago.

Thanks do you have a link to that thread?

I found it Thanks!
    Shannon Wood

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post

I found it Thanks!
    Anyone want to be the local shipping point/organizer for this?

I want a roll of SPT-2, and maybe some vampire plugs; my order would be small, but with the weight of the wire, a group buy can save on shipping costs.

2012 Vampire Plug and SPT Wire Interest Thread

Well folks its time to look at doing this again. I have gotten firm pricing on the plugs but I am still waiting for the wire prices.

The details are similar to last year.

Plugs:
    Packaging: Bags of 50
    Colors: Green (White may be available in limited quantities so if you have a preference please ask)
    Styles: Male End of Line, Female end of Line AND Female Inline
    Pricing:
    Male 50 Count: $18.00/50
    Female 50 Count: $17.55/50 count

Wire:
    Spools of 1000' (approx 28# per unit)
    UL Listed, 18 AWG Tinned Copper Wire, Green in Color (White may be available in limited quantities so if you have a preference please ask)
    Pricing $110 per 1000' (this price is a touch higher than last year due to duties imposed by the US...they were twice as much as budgeted last year)

Just FYI on the wire color...this past years was VERY dark green and I am going to ask them to lighten that color up a bit to more closely match the plugs.

Please reply here AND INCLUDE the quantities of each item you are interested in. I will let this run until Jan 1st. The actual pre-sale will be from Jan 1-Jan 15 with the entire order being placed the following day for delivery in APRIL!

Thanks
    Chris

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post

I found it Thanks!
    Anyone want to be the local shipping point/organizer for this?

I want a roll of SPT-2, and maybe some vampire plugs; my order would be small, but with the weight of the wire, a group buy can save on shipping costs.

This is opening and closing very soon (middle of January)

2012 Vampire Plug and SPT Wire Interest Thread

Well folks its time to look at doing this again. I have gotten firm pricing on the plugs but I am still waiting for the wire prices.

The details are similar to last year.

Plugs:
    Packaging: Bags of 50
    Colors: Green (White may be available in limited quantities so if you have a preference please ask)
    Styles: Male End of Line, Female end of Line AND Female Inline
    Pricing:
    Male 50 Count: $18.00/50
    Female 50 Count: $17.55/50 count

Wire:
    Spools of 1000' (approx 28# per unit)
    UL Listed, 18 AWG Tinned Copper Wire, Green in Color (White may be available in limited quantities so if you have a preference please ask)
    Pricing $110 per 1000' (this price is a touch higher than last year due to duties imposed by the US...they were twice as much as budgeted last year)

Just FYI on the wire color...this past years was VERY dark green and I am going to ask them to lighten that color up a bit to more closely match the plugs.

Please reply here AND INCLUDE the quantities of each item you are interested in. I will let this run until Jan 1st. The actual pre-sale will be from Jan 1-Jan 15 with the entire order being placed the following day for delivery in APRIL!

Thanks
    Chris

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This group buy over at DIYC has started ordering today and will end the 15th. Here's the site to place an order. WLC Ventures
    Shannon Wood

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Shannon, we could order a bunch of this from China. The shipping is what cleans our clock but if it can come from China to Texas then to us, maybe it is time that we did buy a bunch of it and go to the manufacturer direct. Most of the Chinese suppliers want an order of 50-100 rolls. In prior group buys we bought 10-15 rolls for the Raleigh folks only but we got if from SkyCraftSurplus in Florida (dang nice guys too). If we could get a huge order together, we could find ways to transport it to certain areas free around NC and SC--maybe VA if we tried hard. We have successfully transported stuff recently (Tom and Walter) to the Charlotte area because they were going that way. I know I could use about 5 rolls myself.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I don't think I need anything. Still have about 1500 feet of wire and at least 100 males and females. I am hoping to start getting away from channel by channel connections this year. RGBs or bust.

I'd like to see a group buy for the little 3 channel RGB DMX controllers and the 5050 modules. Also some 50 bulb pixel strings :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm going to need some wire this year, but only a roll or so.

Al, any idea of the inventory at Skycraft? I don't know if you know it or not, but we have a member on here that regularly makes a trip there about once a month or so; he's probably there right now with his wife, in-laws, and daughter - OK, not at Skycraft, but he generally stops in there when he's in the area.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well heck I done put my order in for 8 rolls. Sky craft is out of brown all they have is white. I sent an email asking when they would restock but never got a reply. Sorry I might have jumped the gun but I like to get my stuff now and not wait to long lol.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hi Shannon ... The Skycraft website does not show any SPT2 cable. How much for 1000' of SPT2 this year and how much estimated shipping per roll ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

From the DIYC group buy it was 110 a roll for green spt2 18 gauge. Estimated shipping was 20 a roll.