Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Spt-2 Zip Cord

Does anyone have about 50ft or 100Ft spt-2 Zip cord For C9 they won't to sell Dont won't to have to buy 1,000 ft to do Bethlehem Star.

Thanks Scott

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Spt-2 Zip Cord

By the time you purchase the heavy wire and all the sockets (at a high cost) .. plus all the labor to get the sockets perfectly lined up. You might be better off to buy a small roll (250') of the industrial C9 wire (the kind on a spool with the sockets mounted). Walter's star (at Scott M's house) has 180 bulbs. That's a screamin ton of labor to mount all those sockets. And some of them will fail with those manual sockets. They break easily while being installed.

Al was also talking about getting some rolls of of the heavy-wire C9 sockets. Perhaps you guys (and others) would want to do a group buy ? There are usually eBay sellers trying to get rid of their excess C9 wires right about now.

Then you could also consider the dual-rectifier LED C9 replacement bulbs that CDI sells. That would surely resolve your power concerns, and the Sun White is very close to an incandescent look.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I do want to buy a c9 bulk spool. I am going to be picky though and want commercial grade sockets and 10amp wire. Price is secondary to quality as the labor to install this stuff far exceeds the cost of the wire. However in this case, I think Scott wants some SPT cable to hook up c9 strings he already has.

Scott, I can get you some. It may take a week if that is okay. I may even have some sockets too. I paid 7 cents/foot for the wire and 55 cents each for each connectors.
    Al

Registered User Scott Lorbacher's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hey Guy's THis is what I was Thanking of do useing the zip Cord with C9 Sockets for my Bethlehm Star so I can space them like I need them maybe some would have a better solution. Don't Know what is the Best way to do it.

Thanks Scott Lorbacher
    Last edited by Scott Lorbacher; 01-06-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Scott, one of us is interpreting you wrong. Are you saying you want to buy the heavy SPT-2 (16ga 10 amp) just to connect to your own C9 wires (down to the controller) .. Or are you saying you want the heavy SPT-2 and planning to add the C9 sockets manually? I thought you were talking about the second one .. But from your description Al could be right and I missed it. Let us know.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ok Guy's Am sorry for my lack of info that I gave.Will go the way of the pre made one 6" apart.Does anyone won't to go in with me to get 1,000 ft spool will order it my self so if we can get Four more people we can split the price.

Thanks Scott

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Scott, we should look at doing a group buy. I haven't looked at vendors much, but what I did look at the price was pretty different between them. Those folks planning on doing a Walter Star with C9s should pay attention to this group buy. We normally do group buys early in the year. The quality of the sockets and cabling of this type of cable is much better than the items that you buy at retail stores. Scott wants to buy 6" spacing which makes a much, much neater Walter Star.

I want about 1000 ft of C9s at 12" myself. I'll go in on the 6" roll with you Scott. Have you looked at vendors yet. I'd like to have something with UV inhibitors in the plastic if possible.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Al you tell me what is the best for what we need and will get it just let me know would like to get my per order in as soon as possible. Thanks Al
    Last edited by Scott Lorbacher; 01-07-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm in...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Right now I can use 4000 ft of Spt-2 zip cord and possibly even more. Let me know when a group buy is gotten up.

Don