Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Blow Mold Petition

Clink on the following link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/brin...ns_dialog_true

I need your support on bringing back some of the discontinued plastic blow molds. Please sign the petition.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Blow Mold Petition

Quote Originally Posted by sathya44 View Post
    Clink on the following link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/brin...ns_dialog_true

I need your support on bringing back some of the discontinued plastic blow molds. Please sign the petition.
    I would like to know more about this petition. We've been buying blowmolds from General Foam for several years. I've talked with their employees and they are already bringing back the old molds. And a lot of General Foam's current offerings are already from the old molds. your form letter is generic and does not say anything about "which" molds to bring back.

I like the idea of drawing more people to General Foam. Some of the petitioners may be able to buy enough blowmolds to be dealers (through group buys, etc) .. And it's a good thing that we can all help to keep their business alive.

What other benefits are there to this petition that General Foam is not already doing ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I would like to know more about this petition. We've been buying blowmolds from General Foam for several years. I've talked with their employees and they are already bringing back the old molds. And a lot of General Foam's current offerings are already from the old molds. your form letter is generic and does not say anything about "which" molds to bring back.

I like the idea of drawing more people to General Foam. Some of the petitioners may be able to buy enough blowmolds to be dealers (through group buys, etc) .. And it's a good thing that we can all help to keep their business alive.

What other benefits are there to this petition that General Foam is not already doing ?
    Well,

It's telling General Foam and Nudell to bring back some of the TPI blow molds. I want these two brought back.-big-snowman.jpg-little-snowman.jpg

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i think this post is a scam i will not click on that link.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    No. This post isn't a scam. It's just a petition that I created to bring back some of the discontinued blow molds. There's no conning involved. Please understand. You can just sign. Others have clicked and signed it. No need to worry.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    Mike,

It's not a scam site, although I don't think it'll do much to bring the old blowmolds back. I did the submission myself, but I think the only valid petition is going to be a major retailer wanting to place an order for probably 10,000 units or so. Getting a couple hundred of "please bring them back, I might want to buy one" won't affect the business decision much.

But the petition might make them choose that particular one, if they're looking at several different ones to run this year.

Look at it this way; if two people out of everyone who stops by and sees your display wants you to sequence "Police Stop My Car" by Bob Rivers as a Christmas song (it's a parody of Feliz Navidad) when you're not looking to do parody songs, you're not likely to do it. However, if you are trying to decide which Bob Rivers parody song to do - "Police Stop My Car", "Who Put The Stump", "The Restroon Door Said Genetlemen", or "Decorations" - those two people may strongly influence you to do "Police Stop My Car" instead of the others.

Will the blowmold petition work? Probably not. I did get a single email from the petition web site saying I could do my own petitions there; other than that, I don't think I've seen anything else I could attribute to them.

An my vote is for "Decorations" by Bob Rivers to be our generalized theme song. Good parody of "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys, and the lyrics really match what we do......except for running the display at 3 AM.