Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: General Foam Blowmolds Factory sale in Tarboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    looking forward to fridays fieldtrip
    I am still going. And Helen will be joining me. If anyone from this area wants to ride along with us, send me an email or text my phone. We want to be on the road by 6:30 .. We'll see you there Mike.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

looking fordward to it and the swr cables are in my truck
    are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    ]www.thelightsonpurserroad.com20200 rgb channels for2018

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Saw Mike and his wife there. They had already made their purchases when I got there at 8 ! Ronnie, one of our new members was also there. I'm glad I went. Now I know how to find the place. It is just an old warehouse and I almost missed it. They use the blowmold boxes to create a big sales area.

Awesome deals with the large Santas (exact match to mine) for $20. The smaller Santas were $12 and $14. They only had a fairly ugly Mrs Claus out when I got there, so I asked. and a lady went digging around the warehouse for literally about 20 minutes and came back with a nice Mrs Claus. She even has glasses. Helen fell in love with a Penguin for $8. Ronnie was grabbing a lot of stuff. He grabbed a large 6 to 7 foot santa (never saw those before !). And the chorus boys and girls were $9 each. They have about 6 of each before Ronnie and zero after Ronnie. They had some 40" thin Soldiers that were the nutcracker style .. I even saw those. They were $12 each and we almost grabbed a set of 8 .. but decided we would be back in 2014 before our next show. nativity stuff was mostly in sets. I think it was about $39 for Mary Joseph and Baby Jesus. A very nice looking large camel was about $30 .. I didn;t get the price for Santa and the sleigh, but they had amazing looking all white platic reindeer with a gorgeous large rack of antlers. I could see a full set of those in a yard, all lit up and a nice red bulb for Rudolph. Since we like our old wireframe Santa and Team, we didn't go after that.

I think most of the people in there had large displays. Everyone was grabbing a lot of each item and things were clearly selling out fast. I arrived right at 8am and they had already opened 15 minutes early and people had grabbed up a lot ! There are also lots of different kinds of Christmas Trees, even white ones. But I didn't check the prices. They told MIke that they are going to open every day at 8am .. but I am not sure if that meant Sunday or not. They had lots of smaller blowmolds for single digit prices, but I didn't go for any of those. They had the brown bears and the white bears and I don't remember the price. I think they were $20. They had some uglier Santas and Snowmen .. nobody was grabbing them One really large snowman was cool .. but he had too many colors on him. He would not work for RGB very well.

Be sure to bring cash .. that is the onoly for of payment they accept.
    Last edited by kidcole; 11-23-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

There was a mention about fake trees that this company makes. Did they have any for sale there today? My mom has been looking for a new one for the living room, and hates all the ones that come from overseas.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

they had trees there big small they showed them with lights but i do not know if they come with lights or not i never looked sorry i wasn t looking for trees. but the place was blow mold central tho if my mind isn t slipping i think the lady told me they would be selling Mon thru Fri 8 12 or until supplies were depleted . i got one of the good looking Santa and the better looking ms Santa 32 inch nutcracker and an elf holding a Santa work shop sign 65 bucks Ronnie sorry i missed you
    are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    ]www.thelightsonpurserroad.com20200 rgb channels for2018

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

someone should have took pictures.. sounds like some good deals.. especially on the choir kids

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Caudill View Post
    someone should have took pictures.. sounds like some good deals.. especially on the choir kids
    Actually I did take pictures with my cell camera. Also it was not real bright in there so they are fuzzy. I forgot to shoot the 7 foot santa but Ronnie was buying one. Maybe we get him to shoot a picture with a person standing along side. I only took a tiny sampling of pictures because I was on the way out. The nativity scene was right as you walk in the ramp from the parking lot. Notice the very large camel with the nativiy scene .. and the wiseman standing next to the camel was about 5 feet tall. That whole nativity setup was larger. A much nicer lamb too .. Notice the two Santas on the second picture (they are on the left). They had white and black Santas ($20 each) and those matched my 4 large Santas, so I bought 4 more (1 black and 3 white). Last year I paid $25 for a nice condition black Santa on CL. I did not realize that it probably came from here. So I added another one to have a pair. Notice the little drummer boy in the 3rd pic. He was short but really neat looking ($12 each). I think 8 of them would look great on a porch railing or just lined up (doing some tricks with the lights).

In all I bought 10 blowmolds yesterday. It's going to be another full day's work to build the PVC frames for the inside and wrap them with LEDs. But it is really worth the effort when you see how bright they are and how nicely they DIMM down (using rectified LEDs of course). I made my PVC purchase list this morning. The PVC frames (and LEDs) are more important, and I need to quit messing with hardware by Thursday so I can have my software ready. I may also have to sacrifice having the Coro Flakes when I open next Saturday. I'll add them in a week or two ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imag0214.jpg   -imag0215.jpg   -imag0216.jpg   -imag0217.jpg   -imag0218.jpg  

Last edited by kidcole; 11-24-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I went there on Saturday morning. I bought set of wizemen, camel, shepherd with sheep, and bunch of small snowmen. -img_0009.jpg-img_0010.jpg-img_0011.jpg-img_0012.jpg-img_0013.jpg-img_0014.jpg-img_0016.jpg-img_0017.jpg-img_0018.jpg

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

wow.. almost like walking into the Menards storage room in Chicago.. beats retail prices for sure

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

wonder if I can talk my hubby into going..only a 6 hour drive hehehe

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Caudill View Post
    wow.. almost like walking into the Menards storage room in Chicago.. beats retail prices for sure
    Everything is paid in cash and they don't charge tax .. :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Likes Brad Caudill liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I received this email back Saturday.

Have been told by the factory that they are open Monday - Saturday from 8am to 2pm.

Thanks,

Jennifer Chrimes
    Sales Administrator
    General Foam Plastics Corp.
    757-857-0153 ext. 234
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Everything is paid in cash and they don't charge tax .. :-)
    They don't charge tax because they don't sell retail normally. If they charged tax for this, they would have to file reports to the state revenue department each of the twelve months for the year. That's why @Al in Raleigh generally won't let you use his business accounts.

To stay legal, the buyer is required to remit the sales tax to the state when they file their state income tax forms, to cover all purchases like this, garage sales, out-of-state internet orders, and anything else where someone paid for goods ending up in North Carolina that the vendor did not collect the taxes for.

I'll grit my teeth and refrain from commenting about the tax records each of us are going to have to keep starting in 2013 to comply with ObamaCare. Just suffice it to say don't buy more than $599.99 in gasoline from any single gas station in a year from now on.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    All -

General Foam has a factory in Tarboro that is open to the general public. I know they have Saturday hours through Christmas.

General Foam Plastics
    501 Daniel St.
    Tarboro, NC 27886
    252) 824-1321

Friends of ours (trying to get them addicted to synchronized lights) picked us up some blowmolds this past Saturday - 3 large camels, a "full size" shepherd and sheep, extra sheep. The camels were $18 each....I paid them the $86 they said it cost for everything they got for us. All new in boxes.

It's cash and carry; no credit cards or checks.

This was an Empire factory until General Foam recently bought them.
    BUMP ! When I saw Mike's comment about meeting here on Black Friday, I thought others might be interested. Check out some of the pictures in the posts below. I repeated post number 1 so everyone can see the address, but if this post get's lost you can always check back to post 1.

They open officially at 8am on Black Friday but last year lots of people were leaving before 8, so I think they will open once they have customers ! Great prices. ALSO please do not contact them and tell them you are from another area. They are officially open for Tarboro residents, but they only take cash and they are not checking IDs or addresses.

Even tho my show is not running this year, I am most likely going on Black Friday, so I can plan ahead for my blowmold expansion for next year. Also, even tho they are open for a couple weeks, they sell out really fast of the good stuff in the first few hours of Black Friday !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole