Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empire Snowman

wbottomley

Default Re: Empire Snowman

Even though I don't care, I understand this thread has made it back to the people mentioned here.

While I don't have a problem with one, for the other... that's the reason I won't return to another bb community.

As I was told once before... it's only Christmas lights.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    Even though I don't care, I understand this thread has made it back to the people mentioned here.

While I don't have a problem with one, for the other... that's the reason I won't return to another bb community.

As I was told once before... it's only Christmas lights.
    So who's the mole here? If they cant take kind hearted humor maybe they should go hang out with the others they went and cried to and leave us be while we enjoy our fun hearted humor.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rescue_653 View Post
    So who's the mole here? If they cant take kind hearted humor maybe they should go hang out with the others they went and cried to and leave us be while we enjoy our fun hearted humor.
    A while back I made mention of another person (EngineerSaysHeIsButIsn't) from another forum that makes PC boards and calls himself an engineer, the TASL folks know exactly who I am talking about, someone (Whiner) from this forum contacted that EngineerSaysHeIsButIsn't and EngineerSaysHeIsButIsn't posted his one and only post on this forum telling me how I was wrong. Yeah right. A flock of Heyboys does not an engineer make, EngineerSaysHeIsButIsn't.

So William, is Carrie coming over to su casa to barbecue pieces of dead cow on the barbie soon? I encrypted the last sentence to keep it away from prying eyes.
    Al

wbottomley

LOL.

People have opinions and last time I checked, the first amendment of the Constitution Of The United States of America says, "Freedom of Speech."

It may not be well liked but it's freedom of speech.

Oh... the bbq, that won't be happening, lol.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    LOL.

People have opinions and last time I checked, the first amendment of the Constitution Of The United States of America says, "Freedom of Speech."

It may not be well liked but it's freedom of speech.

Oh... the bbq, that won't be happening, lol.
    I sent your post through my Captain Crunch Secret Decoder Ring and decoded it and fully agree with you.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That is the Empire #1325 "Snowman with Broom", he was introduced as new in 1990 and was last shown in their 1999 catalog. In 2000 they changed his colors to the one with the red scarf with stars. They sold him in a litho box as #1325 from 1990 - 1994. From 1992 through 1994 they sold him both in the litho box and a 2 pack box, the one in the two pack box was designated as #1578 and it was continued through 1999 as a 2 pack.

Mel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

close but the nose is different

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Caudill View Post
    close but the nose is different
    And that is what is throwing me off. But I did find a barcode on it that coinsides with the 1578 so we may be on to something.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes, after looking at the picture again, I see that the nose is different, when I originally looked at the small picture I just thought that it was missing the nose like so many of the carrot nose ones are.

Mel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have a bunch of these snowmen and bought them used last year. They had Walmart price-tags on them and I was told they were bought in 1990. It's also funny how the ones in the catalog are so nicely painted and the ones you get and barely painted .. mass produced ..

These snowmen are awesome for sequencing by replacing the light inside with a PVC pipe wrapped in bright white LEDs. It really makes them stand out !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well update on the Empire Snowman he must have a proper funeral service he met a untimely death at our garage the other day he was being moved to be put up and was picked up by his head and was decapitated. The poor guy didnt stand a chance But when I went to finish picking him up he only just fell apart so I guess where it used to be stored at the temperature variables were to high and damaged the integrity of the plastic for it was extremly brittle, before this point granted it was in great shape by first looks and it felt solid. So Brad tip your pink bunny ears for the lost snowman

Ok enough fun for the day

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well as far as the mole goes im not and have never been the mole not that eneyone has said i was heres the way i see it what happens here stays here i had my fill of whats his name when i tryed to register on pc when i first got the bug and could not i called whats his name on the phone and got the rudest response ive ever got from any man it was a good thing we were nt face to face
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    i had my fill of whats his name when i tryed to register on pc when i first got the bug and could not i called whats his name on the phone and got the rudest response ive ever got from any man it was a good thing we were nt face to face
    Rude?!?!?!? Not over there that would never happen.